Well OK......

camping013-1.jpg

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    This is a little late in resonding, sorry. My computer time is pretty limited. Anyway....
    To "jd3772000" and others, the range that I experience the events describe before was Wilbur Wright. I really didn't want to name the place, just didn't want to cause problems for the cadre. They can't be everywhere at once to monitor all the shooters.

To "bigus-d", check out Atlanta Conservation Club. Good people there and I like the range. It's mainly for pistols, small cal rifles or shotguns for HD type of shooting. There is no rifle ranges. Longest range is about 25 yards.

To "Jay", thanks for the invite. I will have to take you and the others up on shooting one day. You guys go shooting at Deer Creek Conservation Club, correct?

To "Jack Ryan" - I will push back on your comment about rules/regulations. And no I don't really want any more hoops to jump through or having anyone else do any more checking up on me. But I firmly believe people need training. It doesn't matter if it's as simple as to operate a boat. Just educating people on how to use their stuff is important IMO. I firmly believe it's more important with a firearm that could kill. Again, I don't have the perfect solution but I am concerned.
    As for the "just pack up and go home" statement that you made. After I attempted to help/correct the first guy and he didn't get it. What am I to do? Become like the drill sergeants or the mean Army range NCO's that I had while I was in the service? Just don't think that would work.
    In the second event, I didn't want to be some sort of wanna-be RO or again, a drill sergeants/Army range NCO at a public range. In hind site I should have searched for the DNR rep and reported it to him. But I was pissed and wasn't thinking as sound as I am now. After what you said in your post, I sincerely hope you correct all the people that perform a safety violation at the ranges that you frequent, so you can make them better.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    No, i'm not into being in the army. I push the haircut standards...as well as the rest of em. Even still, high and tights are not required, and I the only people I know that wear them are Marines or Lifers. I'm neither.

repped. i got haircuts when my platoon sergeant would see me and say "go get a ****ing haircut. NOW."

although youre into the army enough to create that sweet little sig line...

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I think any new buyer, someone purchasing their first firearm. Should have to attend a free safety course, to purchase a gun. Not saying that will stop all morons but it's a start.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    After how many warnings are we allowed to defend ourselves against a loaded firearm being pointed at us?

I have had a 12 year old child waving a loaded off safe .22 automag and later a loded off safe sks in my general direction at an outdoor sportsmans club in Illinois @ 18 years ago.

I warned the gun owner, the kids tanked father and him several times took it away from him once. finally I sent a round down the right angled short range while the owner and drunken father of this ill attended child were changing targets on the left perpindicular long range during one of their arbitrary 30 minute change every target in sight sessions.

After they cleaned their shorts out dusted all the gravel off themselves I explained my misfire and that kid was sent packing to the campsite.

Yes I was young and stupid. No there was no chance they were in any danger due to placement of berms.

Yes it could have gotten very ugly and I learned my lesson as did they.

My point is that putting people in jeapordy on the firing line out of ignorance may get you a much sterner warning at the end of another persons barrel.

I am not realy talking about the inadvertant sweep but the outright is it loaded/unloaded firearm pointed at you on range day.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    finally I sent a round down the right angled short range while the owner and drunken father of this ill attended child were changing targets

If that comment is supposed to impress anyone, I'm not on that list. Your action was completely irresponsible..... does CHILD suggest anything to you?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    If that comment is supposed to impress anyone, I'm not on that list. Your action was completely irresponsible..... does CHILD suggest anything to you?

No arguement about the irresponsibility from me.
    Unless you are looking to prove how manly you are by calling me a child what is the accusation all about!

I wasn't trying to impress your list.

Merely relating a true story of one of my many less intelligent moments from close to 2 decades ago.
    I admitted it was a really dumb/reckless move on my part.

So what exactly was your point?

Was it to alledge I was a child or looking for cool points?

Not hardly.

Some of us people aren't afraid to discuss their less than perfect pasts.

Glad we can count on the goodguys to try and pick an argument or prove their superiority.

Have a great day!

Those that know will understand the rest are on their own.

glockjho15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    If you're willing to drive 45 min north, PM me. Among the nicest ranges in the state, and the safety habits of the membership are outstanding. We have 200 yd rifle, skeet, trap, 10 pistol bays for 3-4 shooters each, and a full auto range.

Annie, USMC_0311, and hotfarmboy1 have all shot there with me. I'll be glad to take you a couple of times if you're interested. Weather this weekend is supposed to be nice, and I need very little prompting to go shoot.

From Gas City, where is it you shoot around here?? I live close to Deer Creek Conservatory but the owner told me the membership is closed right now. I have no where to shoot.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    From Gas City, where is it you shoot around here?? I live close to Deer Creek Conservatory but the owner told me the membership is closed right now. I have no where to shoot.

I can take you to Deer Creek a couple of times as a guest. No more new members until after the first of the year. The DNR range at Roush Lake is a very nice range....... $4/day, or $80/year.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I've only got less than 3 years in and i've somehow managed to not get shot at yet.
    now that im safely tucked away in america, im glad i had my experiences. if i had to go back and do it again, id want a desk job. the risk is not worth the reward.

Top Bottom