• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springfield fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Seymour
    I like the Rossi .38 snubbie for this scenario. Small, well made and loaded with Glaser Safety slugs it packs more than enough in close quarters.
    New about $250 but who knows the price on a used.

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    I agree with Springfield fan. Maybe used stainless. 38 snub nose? Hadn't thought of a dedicated toilet gun. I like it though. Like they taught you in the boy scouts, "Be prepared."

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Call me a gun snob if you will, but I have always promised myself that I would never own a Highpoint. This scenario outlined above, however, certainly would give me pause to think about buying one as a "bathroom stash" gun. Rust issues shouldn't be much of an issue thanks to their lifetime warranty.
    Does Zinc rust??....lol

jbrittin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Honestly any old pump action 12 ga would do. Saw off the barrel to 18.5 inches, and load her up with buck shot. A 12 ga shotgun usually doesn't care about moisture, and modern shot shells are sealed. The sound of the pump action will probably scare most bad guys away anyways before you have to resort to inflicting real damage...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    You could always go with a cobray DD. Nothing like a double barrel 410/45lc to make you feel at home. I just bought one and I can't imagine how a little water will affect this lead weight. :D
    Having a double barrel in the bathroom makes me think....which are you going to use #1 or #2.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I suggest eating taco bell a lot...people leave me alone in the bathroom when I do this and its only about 2 bucks for a meximelt...i just saved you $198

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Man, I love this thread. Who says gun owners don't have a sense of humor?

I think I'd personally go for a used .38 revolver if you can find a good one for $200. A $200 revolver might not have a perfect finish, but you might find one that is in good mechanical condition without significant rust. I expect most of us wouldn't spend a lot of training time putting rounds through a dedicated bathroom gun, and the inherent reliability of an older but un-abused revolver would make me feel more confident than I'd feel with an inexpensive semiautomatic of any brand. Nothing against Hi-Point, BTW...I have the 995TS carbine and think it's a lot of gun for the money. But any inexpensive semiauto (for that matter, any pistol at any price point) probably ought to be fired extensively to test its reliability. I think that 50 rounds through a revolver pretty much proves its reliability unless it's full of mud or sand.

5 rounds of .38 (I'd say Federal Nyclad 125-gr standard pressure for an older weapon) should be adequate to address someone busting through the door, if you can get to it in time. But honestly, if you are actually in the shower when an armed criminal busts through the bathroom door with the intent to harm you...you're pretty much SOL, unfortunately. Sitting on the toilet, you might hear someone coming in time to draw and position yourself to fire--but IN the shower? Gonna be hard to hear someone until it's too late. A good security system, though pricey, is about the only way to protect against that type of threat.

Gonna get on the treadmill now; this thread has me feeling like I'd better take my Mossberg to the shower with me afterward! :draw:

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    I've thought about this a lot since seeing this thread. I retract my previous statement about the used stainless .38. AA shotgun with laser and bayonet attached somehow. Niche market, I know, but I think it could catch on.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I keep a 32 auto in the med cabinet, I just keep in clean and oiled ecause of the moisture. You never know when you may need it, have to shower don't you.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow, depending on what I am in there for, I either take my gun out of my holster and set it on the vanity before I drop my pants or bring it in there along with the rest of my clothes for the day.

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    Taking a gun to the bathroom is no different than sleeping with one under your pillow, always prepared isnt that everyones point of view. I guess not everyone lives is a sleepy quite world.

Top Bottom