• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I would think a stainless firearm kept tucked in the middle of a stack of towels would probably be ok.

Just don't forget to take it out & oil it occasionally.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    HUH? Bathroom gun? Do you really need a firearm for going to the crapper? Wouldn't what you have now suffice? I mean...wow, this is a first for me. Maybe there's a threat in the crapper that I have missed all these yrs. Come to think of it....I have been kinda scared that someone, or something MIGHT come up through the toilet as I sit there. CRAP!! I have to go now and aint no way I'm gettin on that porcelain trap!!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    monster.jpg

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    HUH? Bathroom gun? Do you really need a firearm for going to the crapper? Wouldn't what you have now suffice? I mean...wow, this is a first for me. Maybe there's a threat in the crapper that I have missed all these yrs. Come to think of it....I have been kinda scared that someone, or something MIGHT come up through the toilet as I sit there. CRAP!! I have to go now and aint no way I'm gettin on that porcelain trap!!

My aunt was killed in the bathroom by her grand daughter's father over fifteen years ago. She thought the same way as you do, and she died for it. My uncle had guns everywhere in the house except the bathroom because she thought it was dumb to keep a gun in the bathroom.

Threats can be everywhere, yes, even in the bathroom. With that said my carry gun is always on me, bathroom and all.

banjogore

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indy
    S&W made a Titanium 357 a few years back... and with the stainless steel action it never needed lubrication... it was marketed as the first dishwasher safe handgun... you might find a used one but it may still be a little out of your price range... other like Taurus are making titanium guns also

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I once mentioned at work that there are people that keep guns in the bathroom with them and I got laughed out of the room. Now every once in awhile one of my co-workers will bring up the subject again when we are talking guns at work. :)

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IMO, most people are at their most vulnerable when they're on the john or in the shower/tub. I don't think I'm alone in this, as the so-called "Rhodesia Drill" was specifically formulated because one of the insurgents' preferred tactics was waiting until their intended target went into a public toilet to strike.

I still employ my carry weapon as per that drill when I'm out and about. At home, I keep a S&W 640-1 in a drawer of the vanity (within easy reach of the pot) and conceal it inside my towel on the counter (also quickly accessible) when showering.

Some may consider that a bit extreme or "paranoid", but then again I've always been a "belt and suspenders" kind of person.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Call me a gun snob if you will, but I have always promised myself that I would never own a Highpoint. This scenario outlined above, however, certainly would give me pause to think about buying one as a "bathroom stash" gun. Rust issues shouldn't be much of an issue thanks to their lifetime warranty.
    I won't call you a gun snob. You have your opinions and that's fine. The people who make fun of others for choosing a Hi Point, I call gun snobs!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

One of the stages at Friday Night Steel was supposed to simulate the shooter sitting on the toilet reading a magazine, but you had to drop your magazine and grab your gun and shoot 6 incoming "baddies"

So do you need a bathroom gun? :dunno: but I've trained for it. :D

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Im at a loss :dunno: I would say a glock but thats out of the price range , you can sometimes find ruger p -series pistols used & are built for a lifetime. Armscor also has a revolver offering in 38 spec. 2" & 4 " bbl ,apply some extreme condition protectant ,keep in a ziploc w/ dissicant is my suggestion

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Ask Joe "Guns" Montgomery of 500 Guns in Speedway, IN if he thinks you should keep a gun in the bathroom.

The one he rigged under his toilet reservoir saved his life back in 1998. Two robbers came in to rob his place and took his side arm and one of them lead him to the back of his store to the bathroom. While there they put him on the ground and the robber tried to shoot Joe with his own gun but the robber didn't know how to properly work the safety.

That's when Joe grabbed his hidden toilet piece, shot and killed the first robber and stepped out of the bathroom and killed the second robber still standing at the front of his store.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ask Joe "Guns" Montgomery of 500 Guns in Speedway, IN if he thinks you should keep a gun in the bathroom.

The one he rigged under his toilet reservoir saved his life back in 1998. Two robbers came in to rob his place and took his side arm and one of them lead him to the back of his store to the bathroom. While there they put him on the ground and the robber tried to shoot Joe with his own gun but the robber didn't know how to properly work the safety.

That's when Joe grabbed his hidden toilet piece, shot and killed the first robber and stepped out of the bathroom and killed the second robber still standing at the front of his store.

See Im not crazy! I often havea gun on me but i cant always carry because i cross the border for work eveyday. I just dont want to put alot of money in a gun i dont use much or carry much. Its just gotta work and hold up to the water. I was thinking hipoint as well after seening that one you tube vid. I also thought a cheap snubbie like a rossi or charter.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    For $200, I can't imagine what I would buy that I would trust my life to. Maybe a good bar lock on the door and a cell phone? Sounds more effective than trusting your life to a $200 pistol.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    For $200, I can't imagine what I would buy that I would trust my life to. Maybe a good bar lock on the door and a cell phone? Sounds more effective than trusting your life to a $200 pistol.

First of all, Hi-points are not as bad as some people on this forum like to think. Second of all, you're solution is all well and good, as long as you live on you're own. I live with four other people, and there is no way in hell that I'm locking myself in the bathroom and calling the police. :twocents:

Top Bottom