• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Any sugestions on a good bathroom gun? Something not expencive but effective. What say you all. I would have to stand up to a water heavy envorment. Also id less have to cost at most 200 bucks. Well here it.

I was thinking maybe a stainless darenger.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    gun-blowdryer.jpg

Yea, I know this wan't helpful at all. But it's cool.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I used to keep an old Llama .45 in the medicine cabinet, for $200 I'd likely go for a Hi-Point, some people think they are crappy guns..........sorry had to go there!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I always wanted to modify an old style medicine cabinet like the ones with the mirror on a hinge that opened up to shelves and fits in between two studs. I would have a switch that allowed the entire cabinet to hinge open (shelves, and their contents included) to allow access to the hidden wall space behind it. This would obviously require that there was more space available behind it but I have lived in 2 houses now that had that exact same cabinet with closed in space behind it that was totally un-utilized.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Call me a gun snob if you will, but I have always promised myself that I would never own a Highpoint. This scenario outlined above, however, certainly would give me pause to think about buying one as a "bathroom stash" gun. Rust issues shouldn't be much of an issue thanks to their lifetime warranty.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Any gun that is well oiled would do just fine unless you never take it out and maintain it. Make sure your ammo is stainless case because brass does not like water very much.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    If you keep it wrapped in a oil cloth (lite oil) Then it should not be an issue ?
    I have a cheap H&R 32 revolver that lays perfectly on top of the medicine cabinet.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    honestly I can't believe you guys haven't gone for this joke, but if I walk into the bathroom I always have my gun, the one that's for fun anyway.

on a serious note I would expect anything that is well maintained to have a long lifespan even in a humidity rich environment.

Top Bottom