• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Someone got butthurt... Big time.

Not butt hurt at all. If anyone should see the need to stand up for the rights for EVERYBODY, it should be gun owners. Take a gander through the politics section every now and then to see that it isn't true. You've got guys wanting Kent State's on college campuses, suspending 1A to fight wars, denying contractual rights to certain groups, the list goes on. Then those same people will cry like little babies when they're standing on their own little islands fighting for what's important to them. They attack potential allies at every opportunity and then wonder why they have no allies for their cause.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    "may be used in handgun"

That phrase is the killer. I could make a pistol that fires .50 BMG and instantly, all .50 BMG would be handgun calibers. There's no stipulation anywhere that accounts for the use in a rifle vs a handgun. If it fits a handgun, it applies. We're going to lose this one......

It makes zero difference that the .223 Remington was designed for rifles. When the gunsmiths cross over, so do the rules.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    PRasko
    Today I got a email from GOI,stating it is a threat to ALL 223/5.56 ammo-------CALL your reps TODAY and oppose the proposed ammendment-----------ANOTHER NAIL IN THE COFFIN----another bit of American freedom going away----------------------remember the story about the frog in the pot????????????
    get of your apathetic axx(es) and call your reps

tallend

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not butt hurt at all. If anyone should see the need to stand up for the rights for EVERYBODY, it should be gun owners. Take a gander through the politics section every now and then to see that it isn't true. You've got guys wanting Kent State's on college campuses, suspending 1A to fight wars, denying contractual rights to certain groups, the list goes on. Then those same people will cry like little babies when they're standing on their own little islands fighting for what's important to them. They attack potential allies at every opportunity and then wonder why they have no allies for their cause.
    What does this have to do with this specific cause? Can you not ever comment on any specific topic without dragging in your ever increasing baggage of personal grievances that you collect from any number of other subjects?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What does this have to do with this specific cause? Can you not ever comment on any specific topic without dragging in your ever increasing baggage of personal grievances that you collect from any number of other subjects?

You're right. Why would we ever want to build alliances to gain strength in numbers? Signing White House petitions will do the trick.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I don't think he's talking about "personal" grievances. To the contrary, he's pointing out that "personal" isn't the issue.

Every time you support government actions that take people's freedom or money, that control how their property is used or control how they live, you feed the beast.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think he's talking about "personal" grievances. To the contrary, he's pointing out that "personal" isn't the issue.

Every time you support government actions that take people's freedom or money, that control how their property is used or control how they live, you feed the beast.
    Who's talking about supporting government actions on this SPECIFIC topic being discussed in this SPECIFIC thread? He's trying to turn this topic into one of his personal grievances like he always does. That's my point.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Who's talking about supporting government actions on this SPECIFIC topic being discussed in this SPECIFIC thread? He's trying to turn this topic into one of his personal grievances like he always does. That's my point.

Why does it torque your tidy whities when he's right? Why do you hate freedom?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Went into Dunhams, and Walmart where I live and found some 62gr at Durhams for the usual .71 cents a round, and found the ZQI I have been using since I built my AR to be in stock. I will have to check the other Wlamart just to be sure. I don't think this has gotten to the mainstream masses yet.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    What weirds me out is they asked for Public comment. Like they know they can't do it, but just want to start a panic. Or are keeping our attention elsewhere while they do something else.
    They have to open it up for public comment. I'm not completely sure but I was "told" that the ATF has to respond to every comment received before they can issue a ruling. Anyone know different?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    They have to open it up for public comment. I'm not completely sure but I was "told" that the ATF has to respond to every comment received before they can issue a ruling. Anyone know different?

I'm too tired and lazy to find the specific description of how this works but basically:

many proposed regulatory changes have a required public comment period. This isn't just ATF. It's DEA, FDA, USDA, the whole alphabet soup of various departments of making you sad.

They are required to "respond" but that doesn't mean individual responses and it doesn't mean the comments affect their decisions.

(I don't know offhand which type of regulatory changes require the comment period but clearly this is one of them. That's a more likely explanation than any desire on the part of the ATF to either hear what we have to say or to pretend they are listening.)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

80,000,000 gun owners and they can't all agree that gun rights are absolute. So you're already in the minority. Rather than make allies with others and supporting their causes, we'd rather wallow in our minority status. We'll all continue to watch our rights go down the drain due to our pride and personal beliefs rather than to sacrifice those beliefs to gain liberties for others and to protect our own.

Allies will do far more to protect our rights than signing a petition going to the OBAMA White House.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom