• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm too tired and lazy to find the specific description of how this works but basically:

many proposed regulatory changes have a required public comment period. This isn't just ATF. It's DEA, FDA, USDA, the whole alphabet soup of various departments of making you sad.

They are required to "respond" but that doesn't mean individual responses and it doesn't mean the comments affect their decisions.

(I don't know offhand which type of regulatory changes require the comment period but clearly this is one of them. That's a more likely explanation than any desire on the part of the ATF to either hear what we have to say or to pretend they are listening.)

Why would they need to listen? Those angered by this proposal are such a minority that their opinion is irrelevant.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Just in case nobody knew, it appears the petition can be signed more than once if you have multiple emails.
    Nothing like stuffing the ballot boxes...if only we had some email addresses of dead people. Wait... i thought that only Democrats did this...damn.
    ​Ashamed you should be, Yes.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Nothing like stuffing the ballot boxes...if only we had some email addresses of dead people. Wait... i thought that only Democrats did this...damn.
    ​Ashamed you should be, Yes.

No the people who call themselves gun owners and haven't signed should be ashamed. There's millions of them and only 21k signatures. I only have 2 email adresses so it's hardly stuffing the boxes. If everyone who signed so far signed again, it still wouldnt enough signatures.....fire with fire

Last edited:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    No the people who call themselves gun owners and haven't signed should be ashamed. There's millions of them and only 21k signatures. I only have 2 email dresses so it's hardly stuffing the boxes. If everyone who signed so far signed again, it still wouldnt enough signatures.....fire with fire

And add 1 more to the "misses the point" constituency.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just in case nobody knew, it appears the petition can be signed more than once if you have multiple emails.
    Hey why not borrow a play from Chicago democrats!
    i would encourage everyone to text and email the link to the petition and the atf email address to your friends and family with a brief explanation. And ask that after they respond to also please foreword it on to all of their contacts. Let get this grassroots movement going and get gun owners fired up! The atf Suits and this administration IS very much against your 2nd amendment rights and will do anything up to including breaking the law or interpreting new ones to deny us our right to keep and bear arms. It's not just about hunting either so whether or not a gun or a bullet had any use as a hunting round or not has no point in this discussion.
    Also please contact your congressman and senators and ask that they seriously look at repealing the NFA laws and restrictions on weapons and ammo. Whether the president signs it or not isn't the point. We need to keep these issues fresh and FIRE UP GUN OWNERS !! Every red blooded American should be furious that a govt agency with no constitutional power to make new laws IS creating its own set of laws and enforcing them. Trampling all Americans rights! A right is a right. Freedom of speech is just as important as right go keep an bear arms. One is not greater that another! They are all sacred. By remember without the preservation of the 2nd all others are in danger of being torn away from us!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Hey why not borrow a play from Chicago democrats!
    i would encourage everyone to text and email the link to the petition and the atf email address to your friends and family with a brief explanation. And ask that after they respond to also please foreword it on to all of their contacts. Let get this grassroots movement going and get gun owners fired up! The atf Suits and this administration IS very much against your 2nd amendment rights and will do anything up to including breaking the law or interpreting new ones to deny us our right to keep and bear arms. It's not just about hunting either so whether or not a gun or a bullet had any use as a hunting round or not has no point in this discussion.
    Also please contact your congressman and senators and ask that they seriously look at repealing the NFA laws and restrictions on weapons and ammo. Whether the president signs it or not isn't the point. We need to keep these issues fresh and FIRE UP GUN OWNERS !! Every red blooded American should be furious that a govt agency with no constitutional power to make new laws IS creating its own set of laws and enforcing them. Trampling all Americans rights! A right is a right. Freedom of speech is just as important as right go keep an bear arms. One is not greater that another! They are all sacred. By remember without the preservation of the 2nd all others are in danger of being torn away from us!

Put a link on my Fb for others to share.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They're coming for you already if you are a gun owner and love your freedom. Stand up and draw a line in the sand.
    A lot of people will talk a big game of "from my cold dead hands" and stuff but if you ask if they've ever called their congressional representation or written a letter or an email expressing their support or displeasure over an issue most will (if telling the truth) say no. This is unacceptable and tragic. If someone is not willing to take peaceful meaningful action to preserve their rights but would even consider violent action or talk about that as a first option Is disgusting but also shows they would fold like a card table at the first sign of trouble.
    our process and politicians are flawed yes, but we must try everything!!! We owe it to past generations who lost everything for us. We owe it to ourselves and our children and their grandchildren!
    its that serious. Even if they are still gonna ban it at least they know we are a force to be reckoned with and we will not sit on our hands while they do this. We will put aside all our differences and rally together for liberty.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They're coming for you already if you are a gun owner and love your freedom. Stand up and draw a line in the sand.
    A lot of people will talk a big game of "from my cold dead hands" and stuff but if you ask if they've ever called their congressional representation or written a letter or an email expressing their support or displeasure over an issue most will (if telling the truth) say no. This is unacceptable and tragic. If someone is not willing to take peaceful meaningful action to preserve their rights but would even consider violent action or talk about that as a first option Is disgusting but also shows they would fold like a card table at the first sign of trouble.
    our process and politicians are flawed yes, but we must try everything!!! We owe it to past generations who lost everything for us. We owe it to ourselves and our children and their grandchildren!
    its that serious. Even if they are still gonna ban it at least they know we are a force to be reckoned with and we will not sit on our hands while they do this. We will put aside all our differences and rally together for liberty.

Tried to rep you but couldn't. A big hell yes to all of this, TT.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I agree.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

Why is M855 crap? I can shoot better groups with it than other forms of 5.56 with my 1:7 twist Colt. For me it's the accuracy, not the penetration. If I need penetration I'd shoot a .308 or .50 BMG.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They make 62grain loads without the steel penetrator.

PPU makes them, among others.

My prediction is that you will see these just as cheap at M855. As the millitary doesn't even use M855 anymore, they use M855A1, SOST ammo, or Mk262

That said I sent a note to the BATFE idiots. Shall Not Be Infringed means just that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom