• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Is it possible to fix the reporting system. I know a few of us on here who actually care about this site and try to help you mods try to report action of other members but we are only allowed to report 1 per day???

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    An untold amount of investigation, labor, internet searching, and blocking out IP's goes on regularly by the Mod staff to keep out the repeat offenders. It consumes much of our time and sometimes is noticed because a preventative measure affects the good users along with the bad and then we have to back off.

Frankly, bad users returning to cause havoc is as constant as the russian bomber incursions into Alaska used to be. It is a SEVERE PITA. And we are always looking for those return offenders and proof that will let us take care of them.

At the same time, the number of new users is astonishing and we cannot hurt them in order to block out a handful of jerks.

You see something, you let us know.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just an observation: I found it interesting in the previous 25 posts that only one person was neither a site supporter or moderator. (Don't take that as a slap bowhunter). Considering the low percentage of people that actually pay to become site supporters, it says a lot for those who pay attention to how the site is run and care that the idiots are kept on a leash.

Thanks mods. :ingo:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    So I can only report one post per day for Mod action... and that is a bad thing? I guess I am missing something. My tolerance level must be a lot higher than some peoples as I just don't see that much to worry about on here. If someone is an arse, we can all recognize that.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    While paying money to become a site supporter is great, that is not the only way to support the site as stated many times before.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    And remember...

snitches.jpg

SNITCHES-SMALL_1.jpg

:):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If someone is an arse, we can all recognize that.

Keep in mind that there are other reasons to report posts, such as finding duplicate posts, finding a post in the wrong section, flagging a violation of the rules, etc.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Keep in mind that there are other reasons to report posts, such as finding duplicate posts, finding a post in the wrong section, flagging a violation of the rules, etc.

How about fishy information.

I think I better leave this thread before I tick someone off. I have been seeing way too much neg repping and reporting to mods going on, IMHO. It almost seems like it has become a sport with some.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have been seeing way too much neg repping and reporting to mods going on, IMHO.

Keep in mind that reporting is just that-- reporting. We Mods must still make judgments based on the rules we've set in place. Just because something gets reported doesn't mean we must take some action.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    To clear a few things up:

1) Yes, ALL Mods get an email with each Reported Post.

2) No, those who have been banned previously are not welcome back under different names. However, finding that person is not always easy or obvious. We only have so many options to keep a user banned, and even with the most stringent ways, it is still possible to get back if you know what you are doing.

Why is it that when people see someone breaking the rules here, they assume its because the Mods ALLOWED it?? We don't catch everything. In fact, what everyone doesn't see are the ones that we DO catch. I bet NO ONE knows about the banned user who has re-signed up under no less than 5 different names, but was re-banned each time after finding their true identity. You know why you don't know about it? Because we caught it and took care of it and don't tell everyone we did, because no one cares.

Thanks to the OP for reporting the post in question. We got your email and are working on a course of action.

To expound on this a little bit, note that people get banned for different reasons and those reasons are rarely, if ever, made public knowledge. If they re-appear later on under a different name, it's possible that they were allowed to come back. Report them or don't as you see fit, but until you know the whole story you have to trust us to moderate the board.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    To expound on this a little bit, note that people get banned for different reasons and those reasons are rarely, if ever, made public knowledge. If they re-appear later on under a different name, it's possible that they were allowed to come back. Report them or don't as you see fit, but until you know the whole story you have to trust us to moderate the board.
    I think it was fairly easy to discern why this particular one was banned, and if they are allowed to come back, why not just reinstate the old screen name?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think it was fairly easy to discern why this particular one was banned, and if they are allowed to come back, why not just reinstate the old screen name?

I wasn't referring to this particular incident. I was making a broad generalization.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom