• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Is this how it goes? If someone gets banned, then they can make up a new name and come back in here, make posts, peddle their stuff and get away with it? I understand how things get overlooked but this one is blatant. I will not name names, you know who you are.:dunno:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Since you have a specific case, PM the moderators. Obviously they saw something they really didn't like originally and they may just not have caught on to the new user name yet. They can check it out and kill the new ID if appropriate. :twocents:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think we discussed this before and the mods stated they just ban the user name not the IP address.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Since you have a specific case, PM the moderators. Obviously they saw something they really didn't like originally and they may just not have caught on to the new user name yet. They can check it out and kill the new ID if appropriate. :twocents:
    Well, I reported one of this guys posts, don't the mods see that? I can never tell what mod is on when, so I don't know who to pm.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I can never tell what mod is on when, so I don't know who to pm.

Telling which mods are on at any time is fairly easy. Go to the home page, scroll down to see the currently active users and look for any names in black. Those are the moderators. If none are active, scroll a little farther down to visitors in the last 24 hours to see some that have been on recently. It sounds like an ongoing problem, so you might just PM them even if they aren't on and wait for a response/action.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think we discussed this before and the mods stated they just ban the user name not the IP address.

I think you're right: Mods can ban by name, Fenway can ban by IP.

Well, I reported one of this guys posts, don't the mods see that? I can never tell what mod is on when, so I don't know who to pm.

One of them told me that when you report a post, they all get an email. To see who's online, go back to the front page and look at the bottom for any name in black currently online. If there aren't any visible, there still may be one or two you can't see, but I think the reported post will have to suffice.

To keep coming back after you're told that you're not welcome shows me that you have no respect for private property. They'll trespass here where they would not in person, but that's likely only because they don't have to face criminal charges for doing it online. Of course, if they really push it, I think Fenway could contact their ISPs and report them for having violated the EULA most ISPs have, prohibiting the end user from making a nuisance of themselves.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Nono, ATM... It's Evil Black Rifle, not Evil Black Names. :D

Oh, and

autism_IBTL.jpg

IBTL.jpg

:mods:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To clear a few things up:

1) Yes, ALL Mods get an email with each Reported Post.

2) No, those who have been banned previously are not welcome back under different names. However, finding that person is not always easy or obvious. We only have so many options to keep a user banned, and even with the most stringent ways, it is still possible to get back if you know what you are doing.

Why is it that when people see someone breaking the rules here, they assume its because the Mods ALLOWED it?? We don't catch everything. In fact, what everyone doesn't see are the ones that we DO catch. I bet NO ONE knows about the banned user who has re-signed up under no less than 5 different names, but was re-banned each time after finding their true identity. You know why you don't know about it? Because we caught it and took care of it and don't tell everyone we did, because no one cares.

Thanks to the OP for reporting the post in question. We got your email and are working on a course of action.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've sent pm's to mods where I thought that was going on.
    People don't change with a different screen name.

Same schtick different day.

Also easy to spot when another member call them on it and you
    are thinking the same things about it.

I was told scutter01 has "skillz that pay the billz" to look into that, you might give him a pm.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom