• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They smile because they don't want you to get mad and do something drastic like

close your account.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    FIFY.

Why should 338Sniper hide his love of guns? You're saying he has something to hide. Why do you think he should act as if he's doing wrong?

Sometimes indiscretion pays off.

The something he has to hide is his weapon. That is the point of concealed carry. There is more to concealment than draping a Hawaiian shirt over your gat. As far as the manager need know there is no gun.

Clearly in this case indiscretion did not pay off. Otherwise this thread would not exist.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The something he has to hide is his weapon.

No he doesn't - we're not in Texas.

That is the point of concealed carry. There is more to concealment than draping a Hawaiian shirt over your gat. As far as the manager need know there is no gun.

Clearly in this case indiscretion did not pay off. Otherwise this thread would not exist.

This treads dangerously close to the OC/CC debate and there's already a thread for that.

PS - In my neighborhood, it's a pistol, not a gat.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What branch of PEFCU? The main branch in the union is on Campus and thus has a weapons ban. (Thanks Purdue :xmad:). The other branches are off campus and the I have not seen any metal detectors or man-traps in them.

The Campus band only applies to Students and Employees....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The something he has to hide is his weapon. That is the point of concealed carry. There is more to concealment than draping a Hawaiian shirt over your gat. As far as the manager need know there is no gun.

LTCH:
    License To Carry Handgun

not:
    License To Conceal Handgun

:dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Iwillshootyouinthefacemother****er@aol.com

Ya - this was my first choice too but it was already taken by the OP. :):

Nicely done.:laugh:

I've always wondered about those man traps. Do they allow you to go back out, but just not enter?

What if you were being robbed by a guy with a stick of dynamite and a plastic "letter opener" and the door wouldn't open for those open carrying police officers to get in?

Fortunately, I do the majority of my banking online. They don't care if I'm wearing nothing but a thin layer of peanut butter and a tac vest with 17 handguns. Not that I am...or am I?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I OC and CC in lots of different banks all the time and have never had issue. I would however recommend using a local credit union instead of a bank for reasons of principal. I personally cannot conduct business with or contribute to the economy of ANY state that doesn't recognize the COTUS or my rights, and since ALL of the major banks are based in IL, CA, NY, MA, etc... In fact I just last week had a discussion with my dispatcher about that because they are always trying to get me to haul freight in and out of chitcago. It's tough to swallow because those loads are where the money is, but I have a certain amount of conviction in regards to these things and am glad to make the sacrifice. He knows I am a man of principal and was understanding, he's even going out of his way to find me better paying loads in OH, KY, TN and MI....

I have concluded that a big part of the problems we have in this country is the fact that no one really believes in anything any longer and will compromise their "beliefs" in a heartbeat just because it is easier to go along to get along. Principal, honor, integrity are qualities that are nearly gone today and we must fight and sometimes struggle to preserve the little that remains, if we don't, we have lost. I will happily sacrifice today to preserve tomorrow.

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    No he doesn't - we're not in Texas.

My post was ambiguous. I meant not that he is obligated to conceal his weapon but that the something he wishes to conceal is his firearm.

This treads dangerously close to the OC/CC debate and there's already a thread for that.

Wrong, and here's why in the OP's own words:

I told him no but there may be times I come in carrying concealed.

338sniper intends to conceal. There is no debate.

PS - In my neighborhood, it's a pistol, not a gat.

Prescriptive linguistics is a misguided approach. We humans use often use informal terms for color. If you wish to interact with us and avoid retirement by Harrison Ford I suggest you learn to become tolerant of this practice. Other acceptable terms include piece, heater, rod, et al.

LTCH:
    License To Carry Handgun

not:
    License To Conceal Handgun

:dunno:

That's accurate and irrelevant. Have another look at the 338sniper quote above.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    ...I walked right through them with my Glock 22 concealed under my jacket. Anyway, the branch manager asked me if I would like to open a personal account. I frankly told him that I felt like a was treated like a criminal walking into his bank, felt unsafe in his building because no one was (supposed to be) armed, and that I do not support organizations that disagree with the Second Amendment. He tried to make some bogus argument, to which I quickly shot him down.

Seems a little harsh don't you think??:n00b: :laugh:

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    The units at the Huntington banks allow the employees to bypass the system. They always buzz me in because of my "Steel toed boots" even when I'm wearing my Keen's. They know the deal and understand the reason for the booth is to stop the bad guys from trying to rob the place. They will get trapped in the booth til the cops come.

That said, most of the windows in the building except the drive through are regular glass. Security fail.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Anyone carry at purdue Fed CU in Lafayette?

What branch of PEFCU? The main branch in the union is on Campus and thus has a weapons ban. (Thanks Purdue :xmad:). The other branches are off campus and the I have not seen any metal detectors or man-traps in them.

I used to bank at PEFCU before I carried. The main branch is actually out on 52 down the road from Wal-Mart.

However, PEFCU didn't have an anti-carry policy that I knew of. Again, it's not illegal to carry into the Union, or anywhere on campus for that matter. I've done so every time I visit.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I always CC while at the bank, never been a problem for me. I have 5/3 and most of the branches I frequent have metal detectors. I freaked out the first time I went through them but they didn't go off, must be for show or for something else.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I've noticed that at least one Ohio-based bank has signs on their doors that say it is illegal to possess a gun in the bank and quote a state statute. The hilarious thing is that it is a quote from the Ohio Revised Code (section 2923.126(C)(3)), which indicates that designated signage posted by a private property owner does make it illegal to carry a gun onto the property - and punishable as criminial trespass.

I mentioned to the manager that his sign was irrelevant in Indiana and misleading to his customers. He just said "management" required the sign to be posted at all branch banks - wherever located.

I actually forget which bank it was - I want to say 5/3, but I'm not sure.

Guy

Interesting....I guess that manager didn't embrace the philosophy that "the buck stops here." :noway: :laugh:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not.. But I am going to do it again anyways.. I bank at Fifth Third, and haven't had a single problem walking into any branch in the Evansville/Newburgh area. No weird looks, or metal detectors buzzing..

My fiance banks at HFCU (Heritage Federal Credit Union) and I have walked into their Newburgh location and not had any issues..

I was at a Old National branch, and the teller was definitely worried, but I did my business and left..

I had to make a quick run to Banterra bank in Newburgh to change out some $100's from my old work, didn't have any problems then either.

Top Bottom