• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Sounds like TCU?? I've seen the same... but no mention of firearms. So i've always felt comfortable there.

No. It was Firefighters Credit Union. Actually, it's one of those service centers for several credit unions.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    picture.php

Wasn't there a bank somewhere that gave you a firearm for opening up a checking account? That Michael Moore movie.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My credit union has a sign at the front door telling customers not to wear hats, hoodies, sunglasses, etc. I'm sure it's so they can get a better picture of potential robbers.

I couple of months ago my wife and I were in the parking lot and I was getting ready to go in. She asked me about my "roscoe". I told her that they had a pretty strict dress code, but that it didn't include not having a gun on me. Ironic isn't it?

Ahh - That's a cute nickname. My wife called mine "Mr. Winky".

So - What does she call your gun? :D

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I OC all the time at local banks... and if I was harassed for it, I act with my wallet, and would find a new place to do business...

I don't act suspicious... they don't get suspicious...

Rather like the small cards with the taking business elsewhere message... Vote with your feet.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I bank with Three Rivers FCU and have had no problems. They have a policy against weapons posted on the door, but concealed means concealed. I actually went in there once with a black bag full of change to get it counted, and it didn't occur to me how it might appear to the security guard if I happened to print while walking in to a bank with a bag. :D

I didn't know about the thing with credit unions not being able to use trespassing to get you out. Yet another reason to ditch the bank.

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Never seen one but have read about them on forum. The banks with the double entrance that locks you inside if it detects a weapon! Are they real and are they legal????

One of the local credit union branches has this type of system. It is a passive system, you can't have both of the doors open at the same, if one door is open the other is locked. My understanding is it takes human intervention to get locked in between the out doors.

There is no "Gun Buster" sign posted.

If you pass the sensor while carrying concealed they will buzz you in, let you do your banking business and leave just the same as when you not are carrying.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Albeit 90+% of my job is rural banks but I have never seen metal detectors or man traps anywhere among the 80 or so bank stops a week. Haven't really seen many No Guns signs actually.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I OC at Centier Bank all the time...never a fuss at any branch location

I also OC at Centier. Beside my church, Centier is the only other good thing in NWI.

About a month ago I stood talking to my branch manager for about 5 minutes and then went up to the window and made my deposit. No problems there ever.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I knew it was not illegal. But yes my email does insinuate that I carry

I know many people here like to make carry into a public crusade. I'm neither judging those people nor suggesting you're one of them.

But do you really think that publicly using an address that insinuates that you carry is a good idea? Sometimes discretion pays off.

Here is how that conversation should have gone:

:n00b:: Are you carrying now?

:rolleyes:: Am I what?

:n00b:: Carrying a firearm. Are you?

:rolleyes:: Of course not. Does working in a bank make you paranoid? Would I be better off going to another bank where they don't interrogate me about nonsense?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know many people here like to make carry into a public crusade. I'm neither judging those people nor suggesting you're one of them.

But do you really think that publicly using an address that insinuates that you carry is a good idea? Sometimes discretion pays off.

Here is how that conversation should have gone:

:n00b:: Are you carrying now?

:rolleyes:: Am I what?

:n00b:: Carrying a firearm. Are you?

:rolleyes:: Of course! [STRIKE]not.[/STRIKE] Does working in a bank make you paranoid? Would I be better off going to another bank where they don't interrogate me about nonsense?

FIFY.

Why should 338Sniper hide his love of guns? You're saying he has something to hide. Why do you think he should act as if he's doing wrong?

Sometimes indiscretion pays off.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I carry open and concealed at the PNC and they've never said anything, although it's in Anderson and they're probably just happy to have a customer.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Call me Captain Obvious, but I've never seen a BG OC into a bank. Disclaimer: I've never been in a bank during a robbery.

However, in the movies, BGs always try to conceal their weapons when they go into a bank to rob it, don't they?

Were I a bank manager or security officer, I might keep an eye on somebody OC, but I think I'd be MUCH more concerned about a patron who looks nervous, is obviously concealing something under his jacket, and is scanning the lobby while scribbling on a scrap of paper.

And, if they were both in the lobby at the same time, I think I'd quietly approach the OC guy and tell him to keep an eye on the nervous guy. :D

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Is there an easy way to find out any particular bank "policy" on OC when they conduct business in our state? I went into my bank for a certified check for an out of state concealed permit and the notary kind of gave a sneer.

It seems from reading this thread that it's kind of a branch by branch decision based on the local manager - depending on the brand of the bank.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Went into Union Savings bank in Castleton to make house payment today. (I usually mail it) and there was a sign at the front door banning firearms. I didn't disarm before going in, but I would have respected their request if they asked me to leave (they didn't ). My daily banking is at Chase, and I OC in there about once a week, and I get nothing but smiles.

Top Bottom