• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have not seen them but I also don't show there. I know Huntington Bank has some man traps

How are these not criminal confinement?!?

I recently got married and my wife and I are looking for a bank. Any suggestions or banks to avoid? We were considering Huntington, but not so much now.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Ahh...I don't get it. Unless there is a "gun buster" sign officially posted on all entrances, then there is no reason for you to worry. Besides, if it is concealed, who would know the difference? Find another bank would be my advice - and that guy had no business asking you that.

Bzzzzt!!! Wrong! Thanks for playing.

Gun signs have absolutely NO FORCE OF LAW in IN. Doesn't matter if they wallpaper the place with them and change their name to "We Don't Allow Guns on Our Property Bank and Trust."

This is also the reason I'm glad I belong to a credit union. As a member, I'm a part owner, thus having a contractual interest in the property as well as the business of the bank.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    The only statement you should need at that point was, " since you dont respect 2nd amendment rights and are uneducated on current carry laws i would like to close my new account and take my buisness elsewhere."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I was handling some business for my church at 5/3 Bank. They have metal detectors and large sings that state that no firearms are allowed at the bank. [STRIKE]I'm not sure those machines work, because[/STRIKE] I walked right through them with my Glock [STRIKE]22[/STRIKE] 7 concealed under my jacket.

While I admire your humility in not wanting to brag about being able to afford such a high-tech weapon, there's no need to be shy, so I went ahead and FTFY to show the *real reason* you were able to breeze through the metal detector..! ;) :D ;)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Why on Earth would he just ask you out of the blue if you were carrying?

So he could disarm him, field strip his weapon, unload the mag, and then return them both to him in a plastic baggie as he walked him to the door with the instructions of "Do not put this together until you have returned to your vehicle"

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Not illegal under federal or state (of IN) law. Some states it is illegal, but not here. I switched banks when a branch put in the man trap doors w/ metal detectors.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've noticed that at least one Ohio-based bank has signs on their doors that say it is illegal to possess a gun in the bank and quote a state statute. The hilarious thing is that it is a quote from the Ohio Revised Code (section 2923.126(C)(3)), which indicates that designated signage posted by a private property owner does make it illegal to carry a gun onto the property - and punishable as criminial trespass.

I mentioned to the manager that his sign was irrelevant in Indiana and misleading to his customers. He just said "management" required the sign to be posted at all branch banks - wherever located.

I actually forget which bank it was - I want to say 5/3, but I'm not sure.

Guy

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I've noticed that at least one Ohio-based bank has signs on their doors that say it is illegal to possess a gun in the bank and quote a state statute. The hilarious thing is that it is a quote from the Ohio Revised Code (section 2923.126(C)(3)), which indicates that designated signage posted by a private property owner does make it illegal to carry a gun onto the property - and punishable as criminial trespass.

I mentioned to the manager that his sign was irrelevant in Indiana and misleading to his customers. He just said "management" required the sign to be posted at all branch banks - wherever located.

I actually forget which bank it was - I want to say 5/3, but I'm not sure.

Guy

Never seen one but have read about them on forum. The banks with the double entrance that locks you inside if it detects a weapon! Are they real and are they legal????

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    My credit union has a sign at the front door telling customers not to wear hats, hoodies, sunglasses, etc. I'm sure it's so they can get a better picture of potential robbers.

I couple of months ago my wife and I were in the parking lot and I was getting ready to go in. She asked me about my "roscoe". I told her that they had a pretty strict dress code, but that it didn't include not having a gun on me. Ironic isn't it?

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    My credit union has a sign at the front door telling customers not to wear hats, hoodies, sunglasses, etc. I'm sure it's so they can get a better picture of potential robbers.

Sounds like TCU?? I've seen the same... but no mention of firearms. So i've always felt comfortable there.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was out to diner with some friends, one of whom works mid-level in a regional ban's corporate office, and he told me that the Bank Protection Act prohibited the possession of firearms in a bank.

Given how branches post state statutes or simple prohibited signs, I told him I questioned the accuracy of his statement. He is a recently transplanted California liberal so My thoughts are he is confused. I could find nothing in the BP Act concerning firearms.

Top Bottom