• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Wasn't Baldwin also the movie producer in this case?
    That lies additional responsibilities and culpability squarely at his feet.
    Producer credits are given out like popcorn at Rural King. They are given for financial backing, for actual responsibility, as a perk instead of a raise, nepotism, and probably a dozen other reasons. I once did a low budget TV pilot that was not destined to be picked up and near the end of filming they had a "Producer Day" and there were like 20 producers that were flown out from LA, put in rooms, given per diem, partied in Chicago and flown back to LA Ill bet most of them had nothing to do with the production. On a given show there are generally a UPM and Executive Producer at location and a couple more in LA. They all have their own responsibilities which may overlap. Then associate producers, line producers, assistant producers.......... The film business is nothing like any other business I have ever seen or heard about.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Producer credits are given out like popcorn at Rural King. They are given for financial backing, for actual responsibility, as a perk instead of a raise, nepotism, and probably a dozen other reasons. I once did a low budget TV pilot that was not destined to be picked up and near the end of filming they had a "Producer Day" and there were like 20 producers that were flown out from LA, put in rooms, given per diem, partied in Chicago and flown back to LA Ill bet most of them had nothing to do with the production. On a given show there are generally a UPM and Executive Producer at location and a couple more in LA. They all have their own responsibilities which may overlap. Then associate producers, line producers, assistant producers.......... The film business is nothing like any other business I have ever seen or heard about.
    Understood, but it was my understanding that he was the head producer.
    Early on in the story it was suggested that he bore extra responsibility because of his producer role.
    On the other hand, the judge disallowed the jury hearing that Baldwin was a producer.
    Not that it would have made any difference in light of the circumstances.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Standard procedures are for the actor to have the firearm and ammo to be proven to be safe to the actor before it is loaded and put in his hands. I have outlined the proper procedures that I have seen used in small and big budget movies in this thread

And there have been prop/armorer guys that have outlined procedures that THEY viewed as standard. And those procedures involved anyone actor and/or crew could verify, and were encouraged to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is not to say there are not talented people in prosecutor's offices. There absolutely are. However to assume everyone is competent is as laughable as it is at any institution. I've seen the city ready to pay out 6 figures because they forgot there was a recording of an incident in the case file and hadn't listened to it. I'm also not saying nothing shady ever happens, but generally it's a combination of too much case file, too little manpower, too little communication between team members, and just general human **** ups over something nefarious. Generally.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ummm...1) she was shot in in the chest, not the face; and 2) ammo matters because it was a movie set and the armorer screwed up by load live rounds that were not even authorized to be on the set.

Yes, he pulled the trigger. Not disputing that at all.
    But the bottom line remains that the armorer screwed up and even worse...the prosecution really screwed up. And NO, I don't think they were paid off. They were playing a game by hiding evidence and they got caught.
    I stand corrected on where Baldwin's fatal shot landed. Baldwin violated every rule of gun safety and that ultimately is HIS responsibility. The ammunition shouldn't even enter into it, except to show that it was live ammunition. What did the prosecution try to hide about the ammo and how does it relate to the case?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I stand corrected on where Baldwin's fatal shot landed. Baldwin violated every rule of gun safety and that ultimately is HIS responsibility. The ammunition shouldn't even enter into it, except to show that it was live ammunition. What did the prosecution try to hide about the ammo and how does it relate to the case?
    Evidence was turned into the authorities. The prosecution knew about it and did not inform the defense. It is pretty basic stuff.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is my question, too. I have yet to find an answer.
    I believe this will answer your questions. The biggest question was; where did the live ammo come from? Evidence of its origins were presented in March. I expect the armorers conviction to be overturned immediately.

A witness confirmed to the judge on Friday afternoon that a special prosecutor in the case, Kari Morrissey, was directly involved in the decision to file the evidence in an entirely different case file separate from the other Rust materials.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I believe this will answer your questions. The biggest question was; where did the live ammo come from? Evidence of its origins were presented in March. I expect the armorers conviction to be overturned immediately.

A witness confirmed to the judge on Friday afternoon that a special prosecutor in the case, Kari Morrissey, was directly involved in the decision to file the evidence in an entirely different case file separate from the other Rust materials.

Interesting. I see no connection between the source of the live ammo and Baldwin's culpability or lack thereof. Also, weird how the prosecutor accused of the misdeed testified under oath that she appreciated Baldwin's politics.

If I were a prosecutor that wanted to clear the accused, because I agree with his politics, how would I do it? Hmm...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting. I see no connection between the source of the live ammo and Baldwin's culpability or lack thereof. Also, weird how the prosecutor accused of the misdeed testified under oath that she appreciated Baldwin's politics.

If I were a prosecutor that wanted to clear the accused, because I agree with his politics, how would I do it? Hmm...
    If the Brady violations were not so common it might be more likely there was a conspiracy. It seems more likely the special prosecutor needed the scalps to justify the massive payday she wanted to bill taxpayers

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have no love for AB either. Make no mistake, he is a douche-bag.

But let's be real here folks. He is not a "gun guy." He is not a firearms expert. He has probably never held a real gun except under the supervision of a set armorer. And that is the entire point. He as the producer hired a supposed firearms expert. He hired an armorer to do the job of keeping actors, crew, anyone on the set...SAFE! That was her #1 job.

She should been there at that moment saying: "Let's double-check that before you point it at anyone."
    She should been there at that moment saying: "Trigger discipline!"
    She should been there at that moment saying: "Don't drop the hammer!"
    She should been there at that moment saying anything related to doing her job.
    Instead she was off smoking weed. SHE FAILED. (Frankly, she was not qualified. She was in way over her head.)

Here is an example from the 1980s (I'm sure many of us older gents will remember):
    Landis was acquitted.

"He framed the crash 'unforeseen' and 'unforeseeable,' while insisting the explosives were simply let off at the wrong time.
    'Not one of these gentlemen intended to hurt anyone,' the burly jurist said.
    'Not one of these gentlemen thought the scene as planned and rehearsed was dangerous. Not one of these gentlemen is guilty of criminal negligence.'
    To make his case, he further claimed that if the helicopter crashed just a few feet away, it would have been Landis who had died that night."

Point being it could have been the other way around with Hutchins demonstrating to AB what she wanted for the shot.
    IOW, AB could be dead and Hutchins on trial. Would you say the same thing then? I hope not.

This was clearly a case of the armorer failing to do her job.

Top Bottom