• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    According to Diversified Restaurant Holdings, the underperforming restaurants were responsible for a $600,000 loss in earnings before interest, taxes and amortization. The remaining 18 Bagger Dave’s restaurants generated $700,000.

18 stores generating $39k in profit each? They will all close next year I bet

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Can't say I'm surprised. The one and only time I attempted to eat there was a miserable experience. I gave them back their cold burger and left, won't ever get that 45 minutes back. Good riddance.

I went to the Avon place once..... it cost $50.00 for 3 of us to eat ..... Not again ..... I won't miss them at all .....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The one on the south side was ok at first when it first opened, then the service got terrible. I went 4x after the first and it was atrocious service every time.

Concur. The first time we went it was awesome. The second time was meh. The third time was the last time. My wife's chicken breast sandwich did not have the fat trimmed off the meat and was dangerously undercooked. They fixed it when we complained, but there's too many good restaurants to deal with that mess.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    According to Diversified Restaurant Holdings, the underperforming restaurants were responsible for a $600,000 loss in earnings before interest, taxes and amortization. The remaining 18 Bagger Dave’s restaurants generated $700,000.

$700k out of 18 restaurants? That's pitiful.

Apparently even the good ones don't do very well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    $700k out of 18 restaurants? That's pitiful.

Apparently even the good ones don't do very well.

You have to remember, they're good according to Bagger Dave's standard. Drove by the one on Countyline on the southside the other day and it was the typical 1 or 2 cars in the parking lot while the place next door was packed. Too bad for the employees but I don't know how they couldn't see it coming.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I ate there once, and it was OK. Not worth the money for a burger, IMO, but I'm not a burger person.

Two of the ones that are closing are near me. The Crown Point store was in a horrible location in a grocery store strip mall between Hair Cuttery and the UPS store.

And yes, a co-worker's daughter was told after she worked the last night that they would not be re-opening.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I ate there once. Burger was good. Service was OK. lack of name brand pop/soda was a real turn-off.

The "fill out your own burger slip" was also slightly off-putting. I get it. There are LOTS of options. But isnt that what a good server is for? To record your order accurately? While the anal retentive accuracy freak in me liked it, i felt like I was doing my server's job. If i'm going to record it myself, just give me one of those tabletop tablet kiosk things like Chilis has for paying your tab and let me send my order to the kitchen myself and just staff food runners instead of wait staff. Might as well.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I found out about that last night. I ran into an employee who was complaining about BD. Apparently, the staff worked their final shifts, went home, and then were sent text messages informing them that the store wasn't going to be reopened. All those folks lost their jobs without any notice. Dirty.
    shows you what kind of company it was. I wonder if I'll still be hearing the annoying radio ads...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You have to remember, they're good according to Bagger Dave's standard.

Even a fast food place had better profit $300k minimum. Otherwise the owner isn't getting a reasonable return on the investment.

The standard for restaurants is that you need $1 million in sales minimum and 1/3 should be profit. With the way they built and decorated the County Line Road restaurant, that still wouldn't have been enough.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I found out about that last night. I ran into an employee who was complaining about BD. Apparently, the staff worked their final shifts, went home, and then were sent text messages informing them that the store wasn't going to be reopened. All those folks lost their jobs without any notice. Dirty.

I knew a guy years ago that used to work at the Western Electric plant on the east side. He literally found out that he had lost his job by watching the closing announcement on the evening news!

FWIW, I have lost my job 3 times. Never had advanced notice, but at least I was told in person.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I ate there once. Burger was good. Service was OK. lack of name brand pop/soda was a real turn-off.

The "fill out your own burger slip" was also slightly off-putting. I get it. There are LOTS of options. But isnt that what a good server is for? To record your order accurately? While the anal retentive accuracy freak in me liked it, i felt like I was doing my server's job. If i'm going to record it myself, just give me one of those tabletop tablet kiosk things like Chilis has for paying your tab and let me send my order to the kitchen myself and just staff food runners instead of wait staff. Might as well.

Pssst.... You forgot your hyphen in your usage of anal-retentive. ;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

This is pretty common in the industry.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I say good riddance. The food was "Meh" when it actually came out quickly. Other times long waits and terrible service. There are much better burger places out there that actually have decent service and serving times.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Not to threadjack, but when Shoneys, closed, the employees, ahowed up to work, and the place was LOCKED UP !!!!!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the one here in the Haute closed up with no notice.

I feel bad for those who lost their jobs, but the restaurant as a whole sucked. Food was meh, beer was meh, prices sucked. I don't think the place lasted much over a year or so IIRC.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I didn't read the whole thread, but I know they closed 7 restaurants in indiana alone recently. Many of my coworker didn't think too highly of them...

...five guys FTW!

Top Bottom