• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    And while we're on this subject...

Judges have tremendous power, and I certainly went into this with a certain degree of trepidation. Was this judge going to give me a fair shake, or was he simply going to be a "rubber stamp" for the police department? This, by the way, was one of the remarks that I made here that I fessed up to. The prosecutor was hoping the judge would be insulted by it.

We've all heard stories about what a travesty "mayor's courts" can be to helpless citizens.

This man's decision was based STRICTLY on the law, and his remarks that he made in rendering his decision were both articulate and impressive. His ducks were in a row, and he shot down the prosecution's ridiculous assertions one by one.

His name is Brian Poindexter. I have been seeing campaign signs for him on local roadways.

He is, to my knowledge, the only Carmel City Court Judge. I have no idea which party he represents, nor do I care.

I don't know whether he has an opponent, but I can tell you this:

He has my vote.

Brian Poindexter
    :yesway:

Carmel City Court

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Very pleased at how this turned out. Congrats, Liberty!

Of course now you need to watch your "six" around town. I'm sure the young officer and his buddies will now be watching for you to be driving 30.1 in a 30 zone. Or 28.9 in the same 30mph zone... Driving too slowly is impeding the flow of traffic, donchaknow.

Of course, that would bring you back before Judge Poindexter, who sounds like he'd see right through this form of BS.

I also agree that the perjury should be brought up.... Did the prosecutor happen to make mention of the suggestion I made way back when this all started, that the officer attempted to instruct you to commit a felony? (Killing a Domestic Animal)

In dismissing the case, were any sanctions placed on the City or on the officer?

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Very pleased at how this turned out. Congrats, Liberty!

Of course now you need to watch your "six" around town. I'm sure the young officer and his buddies will now be watching for you to be driving 30.1 in a 30 zone. Or 28.9 in the same 30mph zone... Driving too slowly is impeding the flow of traffic, donchaknow.

Of course, that would bring you back before Judge Poindexter, who sounds like he'd see right through this form of BS.

I also agree that the perjury should be brought up.... Did the prosecutor happen to make mention of the suggestion I made way back when this all started, that the officer attempted to instruct you to commit a felony? (Killing a Domestic Animal)

In dismissing the case, were any sanctions placed on the City or on the officer?

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about my witnesses. My vet lives well out of town, but the minister and his wife live a few doors from me. I'm feeling very uneasy about possible retaliation against them.

Sanctions? Not in this life.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I just shook the Judge's hand and thanked him for what he did this morning.

He said it would have been terrible to make a criminal out of LS. We talked a little about self defense and he said something to the effect that he helped write Indiana's laws on the matter.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can't help but wonder if you will end up with a letter from the ISP revoking your LTCH in the next few days.. (ala the Bill B case)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

He said it would have been terrible to make a criminal out of LS. We talked a little about self defense and he said something to the effect that he helped write Indiana's laws on the matter.

Wow, that's really cool. I wondered what kind of conversation you could have with a judge about a recent trial. My respect for him just increased based on that comment.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

So he didn't say anything about us whispering during the trial? :): I halfway expected him to tell me to quit sighing each time I heard the prosecution say something ridiculous. I'm not good at hiding contempt.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Let's just say I never knew I could whisper so quietly. He did not recognize me though, if that tells you anything.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom