• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It was the judge's turn, and I would say at this point that the man impressed me. He is clearly an astute legal analyst.

INGO guys, if I miss anything, fill in the blanks.

His points were, that despite much testimony concerning the subject, the issue of the appropriateness of warning shots was a non-issue. He pointed out that law enforcement training and policies do not have the force of law, and in fact, under Indiana law, an officer is REQUIRED to give warning before employing deadly force if it is feasible to do so.

He further pointed out that I am now a private citizen, and things that I was taught and policies under which I acted in my LEO days had nothing whatsoever to do with the facts at hand and required nothing of me.

He pointed out that the Castle Doctrine law gives citizens wide latitude in what tactics they may employ while defending themselves on their own property.

And, finally, he pointed out that contrary to the OPINIONS of the arresting officer and the prosecutor, that there is NOTHING in applicable Indiana law that REQUIRED me to use nothing but lethal force, and that my decision, not to spill blood was both legal and reasonable.

Not guilty...guys, did I leave anything out?

Congrats Liberty, Now I'd LOVE to Hear the WTHR Follow Up
    :rockwoot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i would love to see charges filed against the cop for lying under oath. since he is a rookie if I remember right, its best to get rid of him from the department now. if he is willing to lie under oath this early in his career, he will be running over people drunk in his squad car in a few years probly.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    :rockwoot:

Congratulations, Liberty! I can't say that strongly enough.

:chest:

I also mean that in both possible ways - Liberty Sanders & liberty in general.

The system worked like it was designed to in this case. I know that many think that just being arrested was bad enough (& it was) & an indication that the system was broken. I don't see it that way. It may have been bent when the cop arrested him. It was badly twisted when the prosecutor decided to take it to court but ultimately THE SYSTEM WORKED. Liberty got the justice he deserved.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    i would love to see charges filed against the cop for lying under oath. since he is a rookie if I remember right, its best to get rid of him from the department now. if he is willing to lie under oath this early in his career, he will be running over people drunk in his squad car in a few years probly.

How would you prove it?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Since the prosecution its reading this, I have a message addressed specifically to them.

Please realize that law abiding citizens will not roll over so you can have the satisfaction of putting another notch in your belt. Your job is to enforce the laws, not further your personal agenda.

To the police officer, law abiding citizens can be your biggest ally. Don't alienate them with your lack of common sense.

To the judge. Thank you for reinforcing that we have the right to self preservation.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Since the prosecution its reading this, I have a message addressed specifically to them.

Please realize that law abiding citizens will not roll over so you can have the satisfaction of putting another notch in your belt. Your job is to enforce the laws, not further your personal agenda.

To the police officer, law abiding citizens can be your biggest ally. Count on alienating them with your lack of common sense.

To the judge. Thank you for reinforcing that we have the right to self preservation

:yesway: Excellent Post
    :yesway:

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville

To the police officer, law abiding citizens can be your biggest ally. Don't alienate them with your lack of common sense.

To the judge. Thank you for reinforcing that we have the right to self preservation.

Same here!:yesway:

and to the prosecuter......:p

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Liberty, I'm glad that you stood up for your rights and didn't take a deal. Congratulations on getting the correct result.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    how did the prosecutor use this thread in court? i heard they had it but did they somehow use it against you?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    They quoted some of my more colorful remarks that I made here in order to try to prejudice the judge against me personally.

Each time he asked me whether I said something (hoping, I believe, that I would deny it) I simply responded, that Yes, I did, and that I was PO'd when I wrote them.

It was a fairly pathetic attempt to try to bolster a case that I think they saw they were losing.

The judge, much to his credit, appeared to be unimpressed.

2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    was this in Hamilton County courts and if so may I ask what judge precided....

They quoted some of my more colorful remarks that I made here in order to try to prejudice the judge against me personally.

Each time he asked me whether I said something (hoping, I believe, that I would deny it) I simply responded, that Yes, I did, and that I was PO'd when I wrote them.

It was a fairly pathetic attempt to try to bolster a case that I think they saw they were losing.

The judge, much to his credit, appeared to be unimpressed.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    And while we're on this subject...

Judges have tremendous power, and I certainly went into this with a certain degree of trepidation. Was this judge going to give me a fair shake, or was he simply going to be a "rubber stamp" for the police department? This, by the way, was one of the remarks that I made here that I fessed up to. The prosecutor was hoping the judge would be insulted by it.

We've all heard stories about what a travesty "mayor's courts" can be to helpless citizens.

This man's decision was based STRICTLY on the law, and his remarks that he made in rendering his decision were both articulate and impressive. His ducks were in a row, and he shot down the prosecution's ridiculous assertions one by one.

His name is Brian Poindexter. I have been seeing campaign signs for him on local roadways.

He is, to my knowledge, the only Carmel City Court Judge. I have no idea which party he represents, nor do I care.

I don't know whether he has an opponent, but I can tell you this:

He has my vote.

Top Bottom