• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if all the members here donated at least $1 to liberty for a legal fund, then that would be $14K. yeah I know we dont have that many real or active members, but still, my point is we should rally behind him if he wants to pursue it civilly later. Im sure right now he is drained emotionally, i know i would be with the roller coaster he's been on. especially when you know you are innocent and being falsely accused.

Id like to see the cop fired too, but we all know that will never happen. if the police department had an honest bone in the upper ranks, this would have never even went to trial.

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So, what attorney handled this for the city by the prosecutor's office or a law firm? The attorney listed as representing the city has a law firm address on the roll of attorneys.

Last edited:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    How do you think he is going to be able to afford to sue that officer? That officer has the unlimited resources of Carmel to back a lawsuit against him. No one person can fund a lawsuit like that unless they have unlimited funds or an attorney that works for free. Good luck finding one that works on a contingency.

BTDT

Chuckp

Small claims court?

That's the least I'd do to recoup my money for my attorney fees and court costs.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    He pointed out that the Castle Doctrine law gives citizens wide latitude in what tactics they may employ while defending themselves on their own property.

And, finally, he pointed out that contrary to the OPINIONS of the arresting officer and the prosecutor, that there is NOTHING in applicable Indiana law that REQUIRED me to use nothing but lethal force...

YGBFSM!! :rolleyes:

My SOB judge musta got his law degree from a Cracker Jack box.

Must be the difference between criminal and civil suits I assume...and a miss and a hit. :)

Congrats Liberty.

Shoot to kill next time. ;)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Not specifically, although I did point out that the local gun community was monitoring the case due to the legal ramifications for Indiana gunowners.

I can tell you that we have some new readers here who are NOT our friends.

Be forewarned.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    YGBFSM!! :rolleyes:

My SOB judge musta got his law degree from a Cracker Jack box.

Must be the difference between criminal and civil suits I assume...and a miss and a hit. :)

Congrats Liberty.

Shoot to kill next time. ;)

I won't say it's a difference between criminal and civil suits, a difference between judges....Yes.

I've been in the courts a couple of times and for the most part the judges were pretty decent and knew the law, a few times though......

Case in point, I was charged with a crime and plead guilty(because I was), the judge asked repeatedly if I was sure I wanted to do that, and if I wanted to seek counsel. And informed me of the minimum penalties he could give. I was guilty so I plead the same.

The judge didn't like what was going to happen, that is why he tried to talk me out of it.

In case anyone is interested, I was charged with driving with a suspended license. I was. My license suspension was for failure to show proof of insurance. I had insurance but never received notification to show proof, I did receive the notification that my license was suspended and was going through the process to get it reinstated, but continued to drive while going through it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Good point. Any chance they could be identified so we know????

I can only tell you with certainty that this entire thread was printed out and sitting on the prosecutor's desk during my trial.

Don't say anything here that will give the government a motive to drive an APC through your wall (nowadays, that sure ain't much).

Top Bottom