• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ....but I'm curious about why he would? I guess if he was anti gun, or at least anti-civilian-with-gun, but beyond that I'm stuck. Anyone else have any insight? Liberty, anything you can think that goes to his motive in hosing you?

Some cop have a God complex, they see themselves as one who is to rule the citizens. The reasons for this can be many: personality, training, conforming to what they think they should be, copying what they see other cops doing, etc.. Another thing is that cops work for the state, and all they likely see in the news media (for the most part) is how government is the answer, government should be taking care of everything, citizens shouldn't take matters into their own hands, etc.. So of course when an officer, especially a younger one who may have grown up with a pro-statist primary education, gets called to a situation, and it isn't handled how that officer thinks it should be, they are more than likely going to do something (arrest, citation) in an effort to correct the behavior so it doesn't happen again. I'm sure there are times when such officers will embellish their reports and PCs. Unfortunately for good people, it usually will take a few grand minimum to hire a good lawyer who can confront these officers and blast holes in their opinionated reports.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Chuck! Good to see your userid again, sir.

When I read the original message, I thought about you and the problems certain inhabitants of Hamilton County caused you just because they could. It's starting to look a little like a pattern.

Rhino,

Nice to see your still around also. I finally got finished with the civil suit and am now just working to pay the legal fees. Hamilton county/Carmel PD is pretty consistent. People need to remember they do things like this because they know they have a very good chance to get away with it.

chuckp

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino,

Nice to see your still around also. I finally got finished with the civil suit and am now just working to pay the legal fees. Hamilton county/Carmel PD is pretty consistent. People need to remember they do things like this because they know they have a very good chance to get away with it.

Amen, sir. I'm glad to hear the litigation has concluded, but I also wish you didn't have to deal with that BS.

We should do lunch or something soon to catch up!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    WOW, after reading all of that, all I have to say is that you are 100% correct. I am a 26yr old LEO. I have been around firearms my whole life and learned to respect them at a very young age. I also come from a family of LEO's.

After hearing some of the crap that they teach at the academy these days and how they are changing the way the job is done, I did everything I could to become an FTO to try and straighten some of these kids (fresh out of the academy) out.

Good luck to you and it is sad to see what this world sometimes comes down to.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    WOW, after reading all of that, all I have to say is that you are 100% correct. I am a 26yr old LEO. I have been around firearms my whole life and learned to respect them at a very young age. I also come from a family of LEO's.

After hearing some of the crap that they teach at the academy these days and how they are changing the way the job is done, I did everything I could to become an FTO to try and straighten some of these kids (fresh out of the academy) out.

Good luck to you and it is sad to see what this world sometimes comes down to.

Son, you don't know what it means to me to hear you say that. It gives me hope.

After dealing with Carmel and hearing the ranting & raving from the Hitler Youth over at Officer.com it's good to know that there are still young guys out there like you that know what public service means.

Thanks.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Son, you don't know what it means to me to hear you say that. It gives me hope.

After dealing with Carmel and hearing the ranting & raving from the Hitler Youth over at Officer.com it's good to know that there are still young guys out there like you that know what public service means.

Thanks.

So you get a reaction from officers that don't happen to agree with your point of view on the topic of open carry, and that gives you justification to call them "Hitler Youth"? I find it funny when non-LEOs refer to LEOs as "Gestapo" and other similar Nazi-related terms, but it makes me go :n00b: when I hear it coming from a former LEO.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So you get a reaction from officers that don't happen to agree with your point of view on the topic of open carry, and that gives you justification to call them "Hitler Youth"? I find it funny when non-LEOs refer to LEOs as "Gestapo" and other similar Nazi-related terms, but it makes me go :n00b: when I hear it coming from a former LEO.

thats when the rest of us know there's a real problem and we arent just the ones who see it and not crazy for thinking it. flame on

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland

I care nothing about their point of view on open carry or anything else.

When they do something such as what was done at City Market, completely abrogating their oath of office and literally kidnapping and robbing an inoffensive gun owner because he refused to sacrifice his rights to them, I care about that very much.

My remark stands.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Having read what some of the goons on Officer.com have to say, they lend credence to the Hitler Youth apellation. They aren't doing you or other IMPD officers in favors with an already battered image.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Liberty - Have you determined where the officer got his "altered" version of the incident? Would be good to know who's the prosecution's star witness.

Top Bottom