• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Can I just shoot the ones in my neighborhood that bark constantly?

Hmm.... can I just shoot the noisey annoying people in my neighborhood that are shouting constantly?

OR, should I perhaps call someone to have the noise ordinances enforced instead?:rolleyes:

Here's my latest update...

I met with an attorney on Thursday. When I related my story he was so astonished that I'd been charged with a crime that he said he was going to call the Carmel city prosecutor and see if he'd simply dismiss the case since it was clearly groundless.

The attorney called me yesterday having just gotten off the phone with the prosecutor.

In the official report that he filed with the prosecutor, the investigating officer stated that the dogs were not aggressive, they did not attack me, and that I fired my revolver just for the fun of it. No mention whatsoever is made of my account of the attack or that the dog literally had me by the leg when I fired.

I wish I was kidding about this but I am in deadly earnest.

This is no longer a case of poor judgement based on inexperience or even just an antigun personal agenda. This man has deliberately, intentionally filed a falsified report calculated to further a premeditated, malicious prosecution.

I'll relate any new developments.

Sheesh, this just gets more and more ridiculous. I'm sad to hear about this officer trying to send you up a creek, don't lose grip of your paddle as you navigate back to land!

My attorney informs me that there is some procedure for requesting that my case be remanded to the court in Hamilton County. I'll be looking into that.

What benefit does this provide? Just curious.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    What benefit does this provide? Just curious.

I think I'll have a better shot at a fair hearing somewhere other than in the equivalent of a mayor's court that may simply be a rubberstamp for anything the PD wants.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hmm.... can I just shoot the noisey annoying people in my neighborhood that are shouting constantly?

OR, should I perhaps call someone to have the noise ordinances enforced instead?:rolleyes:

Where I live the police don't respond to barking dog issues. You call the humane society and they send a mailed notice to the owner. If it continues, they can fine the owners, but you first have to provide video evidence with a date and time stamp that they barked constantly for longer than 15 minutes at one time.

Where I live you can't always see the dog who is barking when he's barking.

My experience over the years is that it is useless, and often worse than useless, to talk to people about their barking dogs. So, while I don't shoot the dogs, I often wish I could.

As far as people who shout constantly, my neighborhood doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Where I live the police don't respond to barking dog issues. You call the humane society and they send a mailed notice to the owner. If it continues, they can fine the owners, but you first have to provide video evidence with a date and time stamp that they barked constantly for longer than 15 minutes at one time.

Where I live you can't always see the dog who is barking when he's barking.

My experience over the years is that it is useless, and often worse than useless, to talk to people about their barking dogs. So, while I don't shoot the dogs, I often wish I could.

As far as people who shout constantly, my neighborhood doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

Well I had a puppy for two days a few years ago and my POS neighbors that sleep all day and party at night called animal control on us because they said they could hear the dog crying while we were gone. Dog was just upset that we weren't around because she was in a new place and we had to keep her crated as she wasn't house trained yet, she was perfectly quiet and normal while we were home.

I was informed by a smug animal control representative who tried (and failed) to force his way into my house to "inspect the living conditions" that if they can hear the dog from the sidewalk that it's in violation of the noise ordinance.

If you live in Marion County and complain about an animal, at least about 8 years ago they took it very seriously. It wasn't until I told him I was calling the police to have him arrested for trespassing and harassment that he stopped trying to bully me and he left threatening that every day he stopped by while we were at work and he could hear my puppy barking from the sidewalk (only about 20-30 feet from the front door of my house) it would be a 50$ fine. Unfortunately at the time it was easier to just give her to a good home in the country than fight the system.

Today would have been another story as I'm sick and tired of bending on the subject of my rights.

The coyotes make more noise around my place than any body's dogs... who do I call for that?

I hear Yotewhacker puts several dozen a year in the ground:D

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    I missed

This just goes to show that a little white lie can go a long way. If this happens to anyone else just say you were shaking from the attack and I simply MISSED.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This just goes to show that a little white lie can go a long way. If this happens to anyone else just say you were shaking from the attack and I simply MISSED.

Disagree. The LEO in this case, by Liberty's report, is abusing his authority and if true (and I have no reason to doubt Liberty is telling the truth, but we DO only have one side of the story) that problem needs addressed. Further, his telling the truth will get this in front of a judge where it can move up the food chain and get something done to prevent other LEOs who might be of similar mind educated in what the law really is, rather than what they think it should be.
    From what I've seen of Liberty on here, I have little doubt that he is up to making and winning that fight.

I am reminded of these quotes:

“We cannot make events. Our business is wisely to improve them.”

“How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!”

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”

and

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!”

--All by Samuel Adams

Blessings,
    Bill

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    After living in Carmel for 15+ years and dealing with the police here quite a bit I would bet my house that the officer knows what he can get away with in that court. I dought that this is his first time there.

Chuckp

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm just curious... I've lived in Indy all my life except for about a 4 year period where I lived in the deep south. How in the name of God do people have all these personal encounters with the po-po?

I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I've had 2 personal experiences with the PD. I got a ticket for speeding when I was 19 and last month I made a report when we came home from vacation and discovered some rotten SOB cut the catalytic converter off my Jeep while we were gone.

You all must be magnets. :): Either that or I live a boring existence. ;)

To the OP...good luck with your plight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I'm just curious... I've lived in Indy all my life except for about a 4 year period where I lived in the deep south. How in the name of God do people have all these personal encounters with the po-po?
    I'm half a decade behind you in age, and I'm either lucky or boring because I can count on one hand the total incidences I have had with the police outside of instances of filing for LTCHs, etc.

I'm not knocking those on INGO that have had more interactions with the police than I have had.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I'm curious as to what the officer's motive is for fabricating a story and discarding Liberty's account? I think it's total crap that the COP is making assumptions and attempting to write a revisionist view on what happened, but I'm curious about why he would? I guess if he was anti gun, or at least anti-civilian-with-gun, but beyond that I'm stuck. Anyone else have any insight? Liberty, anything you can think that goes to his motive in hosing you?

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    Liberty that whole thing is sickening. IMO you handled as fair to all concerned as possible. No life was altered but yours and everyone else has the chance to make changes to prevent similar situation. The deadbeat p.o.s. "police officer " should be fired, prosecuted and set adrift, or I meant incarcerated. He seems to be the only one to have broken any law or done any type of malice. I hope the judge and prosecutor throw your case out with a laugh and prosecute the "officer " to the extent of the law.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I've had 2 personal experiences with the PD. I got a ticket for speeding when I was 19 and last month I made a report when we came home from vacation and discovered some rotten SOB cut the catalytic converter off my Jeep while we were gone.

You all must be magnets. :): Either that or I live a boring existence. ;)

To the OP...good luck with your plight.

It's the mustache. People see it and it's authority and just know you're a cop so you get a free ride for all the evil you do. It's like how wolves that travel in packs don't attack their own. You're a one man wolf pack! :rockwoot:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It's the mustache. People see it and it's authority and just know you're a cop so you get a free ride for all the evil you do. It's like how wolves that travel in packs don't attack their own. You're a one man wolf pack! :rockwoot:
    Wow...that's a relief...I was hoping I just wasn't boring.

I think I'll go get thrown in jail...who's with me???? :D

Eff the po-lice!!!! :rockwoot:

Sorry...I got caught up in the moment...carry on...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    After living in Carmel for 15+ years and dealing with the police here quite a bit I would bet my house that the officer knows what he can get away with in that court. I dought that this is his first time there.

Chuckp

Chuck! Good to see your userid again, sir.

When I read the original message, I thought about you and the problems certain inhabitants of Hamilton County caused you just because they could. It's starting to look a little like a pattern.

Top Bottom