• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I understand the idea that that you don't condone folks insulting each other on here. It's mean, i get it. The difference though is that this didn't end in the thread. I believe the original poster stated something like "if your sitting down, you're not doing anything" referring to the fact that at least occupy bripple did something. He certainly did do 'something".

There are a select few very vocal members that make it their mission to represent the other 2 thousand. Sometimes (but not often) they go on the news or post a video on youtube making the whole group look like idiots. In the off chance that after occupying broad ripple some butler student was convinced that gun ownership was a good idea and decided to google OCCYBRIPPl, they'd see his drug pictures, philosophy, as well as his anti semitic poses. Yay. Now ingo members have to scramble to the news sites in order to post in the "comments" section to try to un-**** the situation by posting gun owner safety statistics and what not.

channel 6
    "INDIANAPOLIS -- One group's push for gun owners to bring firearms to Broad Ripple on one of the busiest weekends of the year has some residents on edge." YAY.

Now Bripple village association (i.e. those with juice) are contacting important folks saying things like, "this is ridiculous, how can we make broad ripple a 'gun free zone'?"

My point is this. If you want to be a douche that's fine. You can be a douche all day long and i won't care. When you make ME look like a douche however, you shouldn't be surprised when i inform you that you are a giant douchebag milkshake. I do this in hopes to prevent your further douchbaggery on everyone's behalf.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    My point is this. If you want to be a douche that's fine. You can be a douche all day long and i won't care. When you make ME look like a douche however, you shouldn't be surprised when i inform you that you are a giant douchebag milkshake. I do this in hopes to prevent your further douchbaggery on everyone's behalf.

It would be hard to make someone with that avatar look like a douche...

HAR HAR HAR

MasterShakeBoost.jpg

Welcome to the internets, where everyone is mean to one another, and we can poke fun without being within swinging distance.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The thing I detest the most in this world is a liar.

Above and beyond everything, mean what you say. Have some honor.

I would have more respect for someone, no matter what their stance, if they were truthful.

Liars and obfuscators are the worst of the worst.

This goes for anyone from the everyday schlub to the president.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Uhhhhh....

Could you explain it to me sometime. Cause I am not sure I get me sometimes... :dunno:

It's ok Jeremy, I get you, as illogical as that may sound. We've had many a great conversation, and I know where you stand, respect your opinions, and consider you a great friend. That said......ok, I'm a woman, I understand most men, ALL women do....even tho they can't understand us.:D

Women are complex creatures, don't try to understand us, just "bob and nod" and you'll come out smelling like the roses you just bought.:):

Really tho, I agree with a lot of your thinking, and really do understand what you're talking about. Make a tape of yourself having a conversation with someone, then listen to it, you'll find that you do make sense, are articulate and intelligent, and express your views quite well. At least in my opinion.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    The thing I detest the most in this world is a liar.

Above and beyond everything, mean what you say. Have some honor.

I would have more respect for someone, no matter what their stance, if they were truthful.

Liars and obfuscators are the worst of the worst.

This goes for anyone from the everyday schlub to the president.

I agree completely PC, liars, people who deceive intentionally, and people with no honor what so ever qualify as "subhuman" in my opinion, and not worth my time or effort to even give them a second notice. They want attention, just like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. When they throw themselves on the floor, start screaming and yelling, beating their feet and fists against the carpet, simply walk off. Usually with the comment of "ok, let me know when you're done.....I'll be in the other room", and then leave.

Once they have no audience, they stop. If they follow you and continue the behavior, remove yourself from that room as well. Altho we can't on here, as most people are adults and that would be considered battery, if all else fails....a few well placed swats to the butt usually gets the point across. Even 2 year olds can be taught respect and consideration. Why then is it so hard for adults to learn what they should have been taught (or were and have forgotten how to use it) the manners that most parent instill in their children at a very young age.

Our daughter was a biter, she'd just randomly toddle over and bite what ever body part happened to be closest. After trying several different diversions....I did as my mom advised me to do, and I bit her right back! Hard enough so that she felt it. I didn't leave teeth marks, no bruises, no redness even, but I will say, SHE NEVER BIT ANYONE AGAIN!

Some lessons just need to be learned the hard way I guess, but once learned, even thru what my dad called the "school of hard knocks", should be enough to stick for the rest of that persons life. At least the good lessons. Like consideration, honesty, honor, thoughtfulness, love, compassion, and respect for others. If little kids can learn this, why is it so hard for adults to?

7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I understand the idea that that you don't condone folks insulting each other on here. It's mean, i get it. The difference though is that this didn't end in the thread. I believe the original poster stated something like "if your sitting down, you're not doing anything" referring to the fact that at least occupy bripple did something. He certainly did do 'something".

There are a select few very vocal members that make it their mission to represent the other 2 thousand. Sometimes (but not often) they go on the news or post a video on youtube making the whole group look like idiots. In the off chance that after occupying broad ripple some butler student was convinced that gun ownership was a good idea and decided to google OCCYBRIPPl, they'd see his drug pictures, philosophy, as well as his anti semitic poses. Yay. Now ingo members have to scramble to the news sites in order to post in the "comments" section to try to un-**** the situation by posting gun owner safety statistics and what not.

channel 6
    "INDIANAPOLIS -- One group's push for gun owners to bring firearms to Broad Ripple on one of the busiest weekends of the year has some residents on edge." YAY.

Now Bripple village association (i.e. those with juice) are contacting important folks saying things like, "this is ridiculous, how can we make broad ripple a 'gun free zone'?"

I understand what you're saying, and the OP was out of line with his comments as well. Participating in an event like that is foolish, because as you said, it's very easy for things like that to get out of hand, or go totally haywire, and then we as legitimate, responsible, and lawful gun owners look like crap.

I believe the person who posted here by the screen name of OccupyBR found himself banned. At least as far as I can tell, usually when a screen name has the title of "shooter" underneath it, means that person has been removed as a bad example of what we represent. If this person decides to go on the TV or ends up on the news, and represents himself as an INGO member, then yes, there is damage control that is needed to show that he is NOT a member, and speaks for NONE of us.

If that takes a letter to the editor, a call to the station that aired his viewpoint and portrayed him as a member, needs to be corrected. And it's not all that hard. Ask them to come over and visit you, and see what a responsible gun owner looks like, not some idiotic goofball with an agenda of his own. If he has illegal drugs on his web site, or other such objects of malcontent, then point them in that direction, and make the statement that INGO is a very worthy and worthwhile site, dedicated to the 2nd Amendment Rights, and all other rights that we have been given by our founding fathers. Letters like that go a long way. You've seen how long winded I can get on here. Now imagine what a letter to the editor of a paper would look like.

It's happened, several years ago I took a stance against domestic violence, and how it happens not on to women, but men as well. And answered the question of "why didn't they just leave". It started out as a letter, and then progressed into a book. The editor was impressed with what I had to say, especially since I had been thru it first hand, and didn't put it in as a "letter", they sent a photographer out with a reporter, and ran my "letter" as a half page spread.

I've done other such things, like back when we had that little bitty earthquake. They came on the news and were telling people what to do, unfortunately they were telling them the WRONG things to do, which would only get the person killed if a bigger quake were to have followed. I ended up calling 911 and informing the police that the wrong instructions were being given out, and ended up on the news the following night as part of a "911 calls" blip.

I was subsequently contacted by our local station and asked if I would be willing to do an interview, as my reaction, and subsequent instructions on what TO do, went against what was thought to be proper "damage control". I consented, and when they came out and asked what I based my knowledge and opinion on, I simply told them: I was born and raised in the Bay Area, in California. I've been thru thousands of quakes, the biggest one being the Loma Prieta quake of 89, registering a whopping 7.1 on the Richter scale. If I could survive that, and knew exactly what to do, then I felt qualified to advise others what NOT to do, because no one back here has felt a quake in many many years! And our infrastructures are not "quake standard" like they are out there. They and the police thanked me, and we all went along our merry way.

What I"m saying, is that if someone deceives others into thinking that we're all gun crazy nuts, who're "packin heat" as the reporter on TV13 stated, then we can just as easily correct that situation, by informing them in an intelligent and CALM manner where their misconception is coming from. And the man who represented himself as a member of INGO, has instead been banned as a bad influence, and not a supporter of what we stand for.

You also unknowingly proved my point in my OP. We as gun owners ended up looking like the fanatics we're so often portrayed as, by arguing amongst ourselves, for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE! Do you think that only our members are the ones who know where this site is? If so, you're sadly mistaken. So if the news wanted to paint us in an even worse light than they already did, all they'd have to do is quote what was going on in that thread, to prove that they were right and we ARE all fanatical nut cases! A show of unity, not disunity, would have gone a LONG way towards squelching what others might think about us. I can almost guarantee that many people "googled" gun sites, and we're right up there among the top sites. They click in, and low and behold, we're all at each others throats over who said what.

What he did was bad, what ensued here after that only made it worse, not better! Has everyone forgotten the case of Titanium_Frost in Carmel? Where the prosecutor pulled up pages and pages that he'd printed from our web site, and tried to use them against him? And to paint him as a "fanatic"? We're NOT the only people on the Internet, but we ARE one of the best organized sites where people can come and actually learn about their Rights, as well as all aspects of what it means to be a lawfully responsible gun owner. They can learn safety measures, what laws are on the books to be passed (hopefully), what laws apply to gun ownership, how to safely load, carry, practice, and so on. I know this to be a fact! I directed one of my OWN DOCTORS to this site, as she has a license, and wanted to learn more about what she was doing to protect herself and her family. She KNOWS we carry, even usually when I go in to see her. AND SHE HAS NO PROBLEM WITH IT, because of what she's seen of us, and others on here!

So we're not an isolated unit, where only members can see what goes on, the entire world can see us, and to watch what went on in that thread, only made us look like the fools they're trying to say we are!
    Is that what you really want? Or do you want to be respected, and have people know that you're an intelligent, lawful gun owner, who knows how to not only control your gun, but control yourself as well? The choice is yours. Personally I prefer to be seen in a good light, not as a fanatic who's loose on the streets, waiting to mow down innocent people, just because I choose to carry a gun.

7th Stepper

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom