• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This movie has aliens boning and tons of blue sideboob, no really a kids movie.

Which is complete BS because McDonalds has Avatar figures in their happy meals and my son really wants to see this movie now.

I was planning on taking my 5 year old to see it this week(IMAX, 3D style)...Is that not a good idea?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I thought it was kinda lame. I mean pretty much completely pointless and the story line was a overplayed tale of bad guys turning good and fighting bad. Could have been a lot better, and so when they wipe out a small mining unit they don't think the rest of earth isn't going to come and seek revenge? :dunno:

Waste of money, and way overhyped. :twocents:

Maybe a $10 dollar movie, shouldn't have paid more. :dunno:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I just tried to see it in 3D at 6pm... was sold out. Had to drive back home and tell the babysitter go go home early. I am major disappointed because it's not easy to line up a sitter.:xmad:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Which is complete BS because McDonalds has Avatar figures in their happy meals and my son really wants to see this movie now.

I was planning on taking my 5 year old to see it this week(IMAX, 3D style)...Is that not a good idea?
    I'm kinda overblowing it, the blue sideboob is less than you see on the award shows and there aren't any blue cooters or dongs.

I just wanted to say "aliens boning" and "blue sideboob", really.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So he's good to go then?

A few instances of the "S" bomb.
    Nothing gory going on.
    Mommy and Daddy parts are covered......

I decided to wait for the DVD of this flick. It just seems like an alien version of Dances With Wolves to me.

Sort of has that Dances With Wolves vibe..... but I think on the big screen (read IMAX) it rocks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A few instances of the "S" bomb.
    Nothing gory going on.
    Mommy and Daddy parts are covered......

Cool, good to hear...He's heard me watch football before, so unfortunately the "S" bomb isn't the worst thing he's ever heard.:n00b:

It's not something I'm proud of, but I've definitely slipped plenty of times.

Bubby and I will probably take a trip to IMAX this weekend after all of the Christmas shenanigans are over.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'm kinda overblowing it, the blue sideboob is less than you see on the award shows and there aren't any blue cooters or dongs.

I just wanted to say "aliens boning" and "blue sideboob", really.

Well tv1217, if its blue dong you are looking for then there's always Watchmen...

But seriously, I saw Avatar this afternoon in 3d and it was awesome.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Yes the story has been told before, but it was amazing on the IMAX screen! If you are gonna see it, see it at IMAX - not on a normal screen and definitely not on DVD.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Pissed me off, capitalism is bad, the military is bad, Gia is good, the Divine Feminine is good, .......it was one big political statement.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Pissed me off, capitalism is bad, the military is bad, Gia is good, the Divine Feminine is good, .......it was one big political statement.

I agree that it was a political statement, but I think the statement had more to do with property rights -- you can't just take stuff from people just because you think you have a more important use for it. There was very little capitalism expressed in the movie, and the "military" was essentially a mercenary army. Not exactly the honor & duty types.

Top Bottom