• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    2 LPD in the neighborhood this AM. One at each exit. Could be set up to watch for speeders, but set up wrong way for radar.

They knew I was watching them as they both waved. The mopes cut through my neighborhood between Greenbush and Union (no respect for others, etc.) so maybe they were hunting for a mope with a warrant. Don't know.

It's just more strange stuff here. It's got to end soon now that Supreme Court is investigating and the primary is Tuesday. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and all that.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honest mistake, or were they told to f' with you?

For their sake, I was hope it was an honest mistake. If they purposely tried to pull something, that's election fraud and rises to the Federal crime level. That would let the FBI swoop in on this mess of nonsense (assuming they would care).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For their sake, I was hope it was an honest mistake. If they purposely tried to pull something, that's election fraud and rises to the Federal crime level. That would let the FBI swoop in on this mess of nonsense (assuming they would care).

Cannot tell at this time, but how many "happenstances" do you need before you see a pattern (three, yes?).

I have good friend on Election Board. Got him at home before he left to complain. Sent letter and e-mail on this too. Will call Secretary of State after lunch.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So you were third in line when they opened the doors and they PULLED THAT?

Lol

Yes, I went into office at 5AM. Cleared desk and then drove a few blocks to City Hall and then I WAS going to breakfast (narrator voice: he did not in fact eat that day).

Walked into City Hall. Two women in front of me. I pulled out my passport and waited in line. Flipped them the passport and then got my plastic card. Took it up to the booth. Machine told me that I had already voted.

I told them the problem. I then waited 25ish minutes while the futzed about and made phone calls. I kept my mouth shut but there was definitely something up.

One would not think they would play games with my vote, but one would think that they would not make fake allegations about me for a hand-written APRA/FOIA request.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would think that if it was the machine that was creating the issue (as opposed to the people with the rolls), the chances of a purposeful "let's screw with Kirk" would be less...on a city level.

Apparently you've PO'ed someone at Diebold.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have good friend on Election Board. Got him at home before he left to complain. Sent letter and e-mail on this too. Will call Secretary of State after lunch.

1322847939365_8907787.png

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Having worked as an election clerk with in all likelihood the same machines are use in Lafayette, it sounds to me that they simply screwed up and gave you a card that wasn’t properly programmed. It shouldn’t have taken them 25 minutes to unscrew it, only 25 seconds, but minimally trained workforces are not unheard of in the election business.

Assuming It was a similar machine, when you checked in at the clerk, she should have programmed a card for you to use that would generate the correct ballot for the district you reside in. It would not have any information on identifying you as Kirk Freeman, it simply would tell the voting machine which style ballot to give you, e.g. Republican ballot if this was a primary election and you asked for a Republican ballot.

You plug the card in the machine, you do your voting, you confirm your choices, and then, as a security feature, the card is deactivated by the voting machine. This keeps you from simply plugging the card back in the machine and voting twice or more. If you plug it back into a voting machine, it will tell you that the card (not Kirk) has already been voted.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they arent out to get you, but the info available so far sounds more like mishap rather than mendacity.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would think that if it was the machine that was creating the issue (as opposed to the people with the rolls), the chances of a purposeful "let's screw with Kirk" would be less...on a city level.

Apparently you've PO'ed someone at Diebold.

County runs the elections.

But, you are right, look out for zebras.

However, I can be both paranoid and right.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    APRA response back from Prosecuting Attorney. In summary, we don't have the e-mails showing collusion AND we do have them and as they are investigatory we are not going to give them up.

:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They want it both ways

It's after the election. That office can do whatever they want now.

Special Prosecutor told me to hold off doing anything so I did not do this APRA request until after I got the news that the Special Prosecutor was taking a powder.

So, status report, the Courthouse Gang got what they wanted and can rub my nose in it with that last APRA response:

1. No action by Special Prosecutor.
    2. No action as of yet by Supreme Court.
    3. No administrative action as no one has been fired.
    4. No action by feds.

I keep shouting into the void.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    It's after the election. That office can do whatever they want now.

Special Prosecutor told me to hold off doing anything so I did not do this APRA request until after I got the news that the Special Prosecutor was taking a powder.

So, status report, the Courthouse Gang got what they wanted and can rub my nose in it with that last APRA response:

1. No action by Special Prosecutor.
    2. No action as of yet by Supreme Court.
    3. No administrative action as no one has been fired.
    4. No action by feds.

I keep shouting into the void.

No surprises there right?

Top Bottom