• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    If you think purchasing a firearm from the classifieds is "this hard" I have serious concerns about how you plan to implement it in your daily life. Heck at that rate I'd probably buy a ticket to see you have to deal with picking out a pistol at a gun shop.

Rule # 1 of capitolism... if you don't like what the seller has to offer, go somewhere else.

Lazy ads are also a way to not really have to sell an item that you don't want to get rid of deep down too.

Somewhat hoping that no one is interested so you can keep whatever it is that you're selling.

My whole point is, we live in a capitalistic society, if you don't like what seller A has to offer, go buy from seller B.:D
    You dont have to buy a ticket I will give you one for free...Just let me know when you would like to meet up.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just to stir the pot, you don't have to memorize all 23 models of Glock, you just go to their site and see their offerings and look under .40S&W. It will list the model numbers available:22,23,27,35 and give a description/classification of full-sized, compact, sub-compact and practical/tactical with a picture of each. I don't have the 10mm or the .357SIG models memorized because I don't want or own one. If somebody has a Glock 32 for sale I don't look because I know it is not what I am looking for.

I will say that I have a new M&P9 Pro and I shoot it better than my G17 9mm full-sized Glock model 17 in 9 millimeter but I've got rust starting to form on the slide by the ejection port! I was devastated that my 6 week old Smith has surface rust where some of my other pistols with much more carry and use still look new. I really like the M&P and plan to add a .45 and possibly even a .40; I know good Glock customer service is so now I'm curious to see how Smith customer service is.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    It is Funny how I just tried to give a tip to the Glock seller on how to make the ad more attractive to potiential buyers, that dont know much about Glocks and a couple of People on here try to make a big debate out of it, and say It is the buyers responsiblity to research and become Educated, and not expect the seller to "Spoon feed " you the basic info that goes with selling a firearm. all I was trying to point out is that there are 23 different modles of glocks that all look identical, and can be confusing to some, and it would be very Helpful to add the Caliber of the gun you are selling...Thats all !

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is Funny how I just tried to give a tip to the Glock seller on how to make the ad more attractive to potiential buyers, that dont know much about Glocks and a couple of People on here try to make a big debate out of it, and say It is the buyers responsiblity to research and become Educated, and not expect the seller to "Spoon feed " you the basic info that goes with selling a firearm. all I was trying to point out is that there are 23 different modles of glocks that all look identical, and can be confusing to some, and it would be very Helpful to add the Caliber of the gun you are selling...Thats all !

Just look on the bright side, you are getting your post count up! :D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

I'm not trying to make a big debate about anything, I'm just saying that people tend to give less effort than what situations warrant.

I'm just saying that if you can't be bothered to learn about what you want, particularly if that item is a firearm, then perhaps you aren't giving the appropriate amount of respect and attention to the situation at hand.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just saying that I believe if you can't be bothered to learn about a potential firearm you intend to purchase, maybe you shouldn't bother buying another firearm.

Glock, Smith, Whatever the brand, don't get complacent with your firearms. When we lose focus and become complacent, accidents happen.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I'm not trying to make a big debate about anything, I'm just saying that people tend to give less effort than what situations warrant.

I'm just saying that if you can't be bothered to learn about what you want, particularly if that item is a firearm, then perhaps you aren't giving the appropriate amount of respect and attention to the situation at hand.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just saying that I believe if you can't be bothered to learn about a potential firearm you intend to purchase, maybe you shouldn't bother buying another firearm.

Glock, Smith, Whatever the brand, don't get complacent with your firearms. When we lose focus and become complacent, accidents happen.
    I dont feel it is asking too much of a seller to give an accurate description of the Item being sold, and posting a picture of it is even a Million times Better.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Glock is one of the few manufacturers where the model number tells you everything you need to know about the gun. Even if a person posts about a Smith & Wesson 686 in .357 you still don't know if blued or stainless or barrel length. Glock's system may seem confusing but it is one of the best because one number tells you size, caliber, barrel length etc. sadly there isn't a rhyme or reason to the numbers (the Glock's model number is their patent number, the Glock 21 being their 21st patent.)

An M&P40 could still have a ton of options whether it has mag safety, thumb safety, Pro Series or not, 4.25" barrel or 5" barrel, night sites or standard or fiber optic. I was initially confused because the numbers don't have a natural relation to the gun's size or caliber but part of knowing what you want in a Glock IS to learn their number system even if it's knowing what numbers you don't want.

MikeHinds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    South Bend
    1) Don't bother to learn all models. Just learn these 6:
    G17 - Full size 9 mm
    G19 - Compact 9 mm
    G26 - subcompact 9mm

G22 - Full size .40
    G23 - Compact .40
    G27 - subcompct .40

That should cover 90-95% of the Glocks that are or have been sold. Nothing wrong with the rest of the models. They each fill a special-interest niche of some sort, and each has their fans.

2) If you're selling one, and actually want it to sell, put the model # and the caliber.
    3) If you're shopping for one, especially if it's not one of the above, go to the Glock website, a good gun store, gun show, or online seller, and ask some questions.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I agree with you. :yesway:
    The seller should tell the gun's caliber even if you could know it by searching for the Glock model.
    If I see a gun for sale I want to know right away if its the caliber I want without having to Google the gun model.

If I ever sale my Glock 7 and dont tell you the caliber I dont think you could find out just by searching Google. :D

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    New Castle
    Listing the caliber tells you nothing about the pistol other than the size of the bore. Glocks in .40 caliber come in these models: 22,23,24,27, and35. These are very distinctly different pistols of varying size, weight and magazine capacity. So saying that a particular Glock is a .40 still leaves a lot of information to be garnered before an INFORMED purchase can be made. :)

Use this link and click on models: GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

Or try surfing this forum for awhile and get lots of Glock information,.....and misinformation for that matter. (Somewhat like on this forum)! :D Link: Glock Talk - Powered by vBulletin

where did you get G24 it is not even listed on the glock site as a model? NVM found it never seen or heard of one before

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just do what all the cool people are doing, forget Glock and go buy a M&P where the caliper is part of the model.

Smith-Wesson-MP-Koolaid.png

Which type of caliper are we talking about?

ROB_2871.jpg
    :dunno:

or:

Caliper.jpg
    :dunno:

:D

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    EXACTLY!!! If the Glock ad Doesnt say what Caliber it is I move on...and think the seller must not want my money...But they can Google what my money looks like !!! :D

Don't worry, somebody else's money is just as good as yours.

I know what I am looking for when I go to buy, to be otherwise is to be at a disadvantage.

Top Bottom