• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not sure why everyone is saying to google it. Wouldn't it be easier for the person creating the ad to just put the caliber in the post? It seems to me that if you really want to sell something, you would put as much information in the ad that people will want or need. Telling people to google it is just an extra step for the potential client to do. People complain about customer service from companies all of the time, but if the people looked at what they do, they'd realize they could use some help in that area as well.

If you want to sell something, you make it as easy and painless as possible for other people.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How about all of the conversion barrels for the Glock pistols?

Buy a G31 in .357Sig and with barrel swaps, you can essentially have a G22 and/or a G17. Good times.

-J-

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just from a marketing standpoint, a seller should try to make it as easy as possible for potential buyers to read their ad and decide if they are interested. When you want the other guy's money, it doesn't seem the time for a RTFM or STFW.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    10 mm, 50 GI, 460 Rowland, 45 super, the list goes on. Usually 1911s are 45 acp, and that is an understood norm, but if it is anything different, the seller usually will make note of it in their add.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    I'm not sure why everyone is saying to google it. Wouldn't it be easier for the person creating the ad to just put the caliber in the post? It seems to me that if you really want to sell something, you would put as much information in the ad that people will want or need. Telling people to google it is just an extra step for the potential client to do. People complain about customer service from companies all of the time, but if the people looked at what they do, they'd realize they could use some help in that area as well.

If you want to sell something, you make it as easy and painless as possible for other people.
    EXACTLY!!! If the Glock ad Doesnt say what Caliber it is I move on...and think the seller must not want my money...But they can Google what my money looks like !!! :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It's not just the Glock models, there are some SIG sellers and Smith sells out there, too. I have no idea what a Smith model BR5409-Super Duper is but they sure will but it in bold letters to let you know.

I'm not one to be an ass but they do have a point when they mention researching the .40 cal line up of Glock enough to know what you are looking for. You won't be able to search for .40 cal Glock holsters, you'll need to know the model number to know what mags/holster/etc, too. Not to to incite a riot, just playing the devil's advocate. (flame shield on) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Listing the caliber is a pretty easy solution, I think. I just don't understand why it's necessary. Why would somebody buy something if they have no idea what it is? If I'm going to drop $500 on a new firearm I usually do some research and know what I'm looking for, what I can expect to pay, etc. Maybe some of you guys cruise through the classifieds and buy things at random but I don't have that kind of money. :D

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Let's just all agree on this:
    1. Glocks rock
    2. Britney Spears is still hot
    3. Listing caliber in ad makes it easier for others to join the fold.
    4. It's Friday and we should be shooting instead of doing anything else.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought this thread was about the higher than new pricing....... :):

Let's just all agree on this:
    1. Glocks rock
    2. Britney Spears is still hot
    3. Listing caliber in ad makes it easier for others to join the fold.
    4. It's Friday and we should be shooting instead of doing anything else.

"Well...... 3 out of 4 ain't baaaaad!"

meat-loaf.jpg

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I've looked up what all the different numbers mean for glocks, and I still can't get them straight in my head.

And sure as hell I'd go google a glock number and then find out that I'm second or third in line replying to the sale ad.

every time I sell something, I include as much info as possible, including the caliber. I kinda thought that was just common sense??

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    .40 So what?

Listing the caliber tells you nothing about the pistol other than the size of the bore. Glocks in .40 caliber come in these models: 22,23,24,27, and35. These are very distinctly different pistols of varying size, weight and magazine capacity. So saying that a particular Glock is a .40 still leaves a lot of information to be garnered before an INFORMED purchase can be made. :)

Use this link and click on models: GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

Or try surfing this forum for awhile and get lots of Glock information,.....and misinformation for that matter. (Somewhat like on this forum)! :D Link: Glock Talk - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited:
    Top Bottom