• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well the usual Glock models seem to pop into my head anyways. Once you start looking around it's easy to find more info than you were looking for in the first place! And yes Britney Spears is still hot, and yes 9mm Glocks rule!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So let me get this straight... some people feel as though they are being treated unfairly because a private citizen who is selling an item online doesn't spoon feed them every bit of information about what they are selling and they wind up losing out on a "deal" while they are educating themselves about the weapon they are considering buying?

Here are my thoughts on this issue:

1. It's not a sellers responsibility to educate the buyer.

2. If you don't know what you're looking for, don't be pissed if you don't get it.

3. If you don't like that a seller doesn't list every bit of information you need, feel free to PM them for more information or research the information yourself.

4. If you don't know what you're looking for, maybe you're not ready to be purchasing that particular firearm. Maybe make a trip to a range that rents firearms and familiarize yourself with different makes and models before seeking to purchase one for yourself.

:dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So let me get this straight... some people feel as though they are being treated unfairly because a private citizen who is selling an item online doesn't spoon feed them every bit of information about what they are selling and they wind up losing out on a "deal" while they are educating themselves about the weapon they are considering buying?

2. If you don't know what you're looking for, don't be pissed if you don't get it.

3. If you don't like that a seller doesn't list every bit of information you need, feel free to PM them for more information or research the information yourself.

4. If you don't know what you're looking for, maybe you're not ready to be purchasing that particular firearm. Maybe make a trip to a range that rents firearms and familiarize yourself with different makes and models before seeking to purchase one for yourself.

sounds about right to me. also there will always be a sucker out there to buy over priced guns and accessories too. I just try to be fair. I think people who jack up their prices have an over inflated idea about themselves, or they are just retarded and paid too much themselves and have no idea the real value. :twocents::D

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.

So you are saying it is easier for a buyer to research and memorize ALL 23 of the different Glock modles, than for the Seller to put the basic info that goes with the gun????? I'm not asking the seller to "EDUCATE" me. Just tell me what he is selling. If it has to be this hard to purchase a Glock...I will Just Buy the Springfield XDm, It is a Much Better looking gun Anyway.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Its a free classified section, you can put whatever you want (with in the rules of course). If it's too much to put in all the particulars of the gun you want to sell then don't. I think a few extra minutes detailing all the specs would only help but you can be lazy if you want.:twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Its a free classified section, you can put whatever you want (with in the rules of course). If it's too much to put in all the particulars of the gun you want to sell then don't. I think a few extra minutes detailing all the specs would only help but you can be lazy if you want.:twocents:

yep exactly! the lazy ads are the ones that will remain unsold unless its just a killer deal. if you take the time and effort to include a good description and a picture if possible then it will sell fast and sell for more $$

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    forget the glocks and buy a S&W MP9
    You are right, I have a S&W M&P .45 and it is my Favorite gun by far. I'm just one of those guys that like to try different guns. I once had a Glock .357 sig and bought a .40 cal barrel for it and liked the way it shot, That is why I was considering buying a Glock.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So you are saying it is easier for a buyer to research and memorize ALL 23 of the different Glock modles, than for the Seller to put the basic info that goes with the gun????? I'm not asking the seller to "EDUCATE" me. Just tell me what he is selling. If it has to be this hard to purchase a Glock...I will Just Buy the Springfield XDm, It is a Much Better looking gun Anyway.

If you think purchasing a firearm from the classifieds is "this hard" I have serious concerns about how you plan to implement it in your daily life. Heck at that rate I'd probably buy a ticket to see you have to deal with picking out a pistol at a gun shop.

Rule # 1 of capitolism... if you don't like what the seller has to offer, go somewhere else.

yep exactly! the lazy ads are the ones that will remain unsold unless its just a killer deal. if you take the time and effort to include a good description and a picture if possible then it will sell fast and sell for more $$

Lazy ads are also a way to not really have to sell an item that you don't want to get rid of deep down too.

Somewhat hoping that no one is interested so you can keep whatever it is that you're selling.

My whole point is, we live in a capitalistic society, if you don't like what seller A has to offer, go buy from seller B.:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You are right, I have a S&W M&P .45 and it is my Favorite gun by far. I'm just one of those guys that like to try different guns. I once had a Glock .357 sig and bought a .40 cal barrel for it and liked the way it shot, That is why I was considering buying a Glock.

thats sig line material there :):

yeah, a glock feels like your driving a willys jeep on a bumpy road. the M&P line feels like your flying over the road. there is no comparison. if there was ever a gun that could improve a persons shooting abilities it would be the M&P. they are that good in my opinion. I was truly blown away when I held one for the first time and then later fired one.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If you think purchasing a firearm from the classifieds is "this hard" I have serious concerns about how you plan to implement it in your daily life. Heck at that rate I'd probably buy a ticket to see you have to deal with picking out a pistol at a gun shop.

Rule # 1 of capitolism... if you don't like what the seller has to offer, go somewhere else.

Lazy ads are also a way to not really have to sell an item that you don't want to get rid of deep down too.

Somewhat hoping that no one is interested so you can keep whatever it is that you're selling.

My whole point is, we live in a capitalistic society, if you don't like what seller A has to offer, go buy from seller B.:D

doesnt not listing it do that too? :):

Top Bottom