• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    As already said by so many others.. great job and glad you are safe! I don't want to profile stores or anything, but I ALWAYS carry if I have to go to a Wal-mart. Just something about those places...
    Awesome that you are able to share this and help inspire! Carry On!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I did report it to the officer that was present at the store.

Did you get the officer's contact info so you could follow up with him? Did he take down your information so he could follow up with you? Did he provide you with a case number?

I agree with the other poster in thinking it is imperative to report all attempted criminal acts such as this and give the officers as much detail as possible. Then someone working the case might be able to combine pieces from other reports and get a probable ID of the person. Perhaps I'm naive though when it comes to law enforcement.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Someone is surprised this happened at 86th and Michigan? Really?

OP, you only get a 7 out of 10, and that's being generous because all the results were win-win. Your AAR doesn't have nearly enough detail. The spin-off thread starter is going to have a lot of work to do.

You must watch different movies! Disney is terribly violent.
    Disney Violence

The 7 Most Terrifying Disney Movie Deaths | Cracked.com

Heck, even Bambi's mom was shot.

No kidding. Simba's father was murdered. Murdered, I tell ya.

FatsMcKay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    Someone is surprised this happened at 86th and Michigan? Really?

OP, you only get a 7 out of 10, and that's being generous because all the results were win-win. Your AAR doesn't have nearly enough detail. The spin-off thread starter is going to have a lot of work to do.

No kidding. Simba's father was murdered. Murdered, I tell ya.

Why do you expect this sort of thing at 86th and Michigan? Really doesnt happen often,

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Awesome post...not terribly surprising at 86th & Michigan. This is why I can't wait to get my LTCH. Perfect response to a bad situation.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    This is absolutely the most inappropriate response to a threat. You are so incredibly lucky to not have been disarmed and shot with your own gun. The next time this happens you should immediately urinate on yourself and hand over all your money. ;)

Glad your okay and good job!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    ... but close enough that I ratcheted up my alarm; starts asking about where there is a bar close by...

apparently sees my XDm on my side, I OC, and his eyes bug out, he starts apologizing profusely, and turns and practically runs down the street!

Interesting... OP were you CC or OC? Just curious.

Last month there was a guy who did this ^ same "bar nearby?" spiel, approaching us with more than normal speed and directly in our path. Curiously, he did so right in front of a doorway's flashing neon bar sign.
    Weirdly enough, earlier that same day, we were at a gas station in the same town and we were approached by a panhandler type with "gimme some money for breakfast." (not a question, a demand). Um... nerp.
    I've given people money before depending on what my gut says, but that guy... JERK. Dude, Applebees is hiring two blocks away... Maybe they'll let you work breakfast off...

P.S. If you're panhandling while talking on an iPhone and wearing more expensive shoes than my Payless knock-offs... maybe you should be the one giving ME some coin.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Glad Your OK & someone had to get new shorts

I have only had to pull a firearm 2 or 3 times, and have been carrying since the late 1970's. It's not a pleasant feeling knowing what you just had to do was from an action caused by another civilized human. It shows many things about you (good job) and just how we have declined as a society in general. I won't make a comment on what store you were at, the last time I did it rubbed a few Wally-Worshipers the wrong way.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Well hopefully it was his first robbery attempt and he learned a valuable lesson vs completely ruining his life with a felony charge, or getting gunned down in a parking lot.

The problem is that he survived and now learned a lesson:

"People at a Wal-Mart might be armed. Ok, bad plan.... Let me think, where can I find people with money and no guns?"

So next time he'll start at a "gun free zone" where an armed response is highly unlikely.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The problem is that he survived and now learned a lesson:

"People at a Wal-Mart might be armed. Ok, bad plan.... Let me think, where can I find people with money and no guns?"

So next time he'll start at a "gun free zone" where an armed response is highly unlikely.
    Maybe he will move to Illinois.:popcorn:

Top Bottom