• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    yes definatley glad your ok. bet hel never do that again. why cant people get money the honest way? shoulda hollared at him to get a job!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm surpised you had to pull your gun....figured there'd be a cop right there to save you.

Did you call the cops? What should you do in a situation like that? I would think call the police to report it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    There you go... you may be the next guy that rotten scum pulls that shxx on.

That same type turd did that to my F.I.L. and took $900 from him in a hotel parking lot by the airport.

Should you be forceful with a thug like this and attempt to bring him to his knees at gun point and call the cops and make him accountable for what he has done... attempted robbery?

What is the right way to handle a bad guy that attempts to rob you?

What would our LEO's tell us we should do?
    you should use your firearm until the threat is stopped. Whether that means you get it half out of the holster and they run off, or you have to empty a mag in their torso, reload and repeat...until the threat is stopped.
    If they run off I would say don't give chase and call the po-po to report the incident.
    If they get on the ground and surrender then call the po-po or have a witness do it and make sure they know the good guy has the gun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    yes definatley glad your ok. bet hel never do that again. why cant people get money the honest way? shoulda hollared at him to get a job!

I wouldn't take that bet. There's career thugs out there with lead in them still doing evil.

OP, I assume you didn't report it since I didn't hear an attempt robbery come out on the radio today. Wal-marts have good video, inside and out, and depending on where you are in the parking lot its possible that it would be good enough to ID the suspect. I'm not aware of any other robberies matching that MO on the north side.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sounds as if you kept your cool and didn't panic. Good to hear things worked out for you.

Another way to look at this event, you got in some free training. Wallyworld on 86th Street and Lafayette Sq. could be good training locations. :draw:

Be Safe
    Turf Doctor

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I used to work at a restaurant across the street from that Wal-Mart. When I started I met a bartender who was carjacked and shot in the arm a few blocks away. There have been multiple smash and grabs in parking lots there the pat few weeks.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    Unfortunately the worse this economy gets, the more often this will happen. Wonder what coward liberals do in situations like this? Pee running down your leg isn't very intimidating. Well done!

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Glad you're safe and no one had to be hurt. Was the potential criminal armed, or just extremely aggressive? Either way, I think you had the correct reaction to a stranger in a parking lot demanding money from you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rather bold of him. Most people his age wait for Obama to steal it and give it to them. Glad you won the day.

I hadn't thought of this angle until reading this: One guy shows a little initiative to go out and get his own money, not waiting on the .gov, and the OP stamps that out.:D

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    A guy (or gal) approaching you with his hand under his shirt, demanding money, is to be taken as a 'man with gun' situation. His intent was to lead Spyke to believe he had a weapon. Even just stating he has a weapon is sufficient to show intent. Spyke acted appropriately. Fortunately for the scumbag, Spyke is a bit more understanding than some of us gun-toters out there, and the bad guy didn't get himself killed.

My personal suggestion - call the LEO's immediately, get the information out to the patrols a.s.a.p., and see if they can catch the scumbag. That's not going to help YOU, but you've already handled the encounter. But, it MAY help the next guy or gal down the road, or at the same place tomorrow. Catching him, at the very least, gets him in the system (if he isn't already) and known to Police. And who knows, he COULD already have warrants out for him for other, perhaps more serious, crimes.

I understand the sentiment, "Maybe it scared him enough not to do that again", from the members here. But I assure you, it did not.

Think about it. We, as law-abiding, armed citizens, FREQUENTLY espouse that we 'need' to be armed because the "bad guys have guns and bad guys don't obey the law". Both true.

So, let's look at HIS world, momentarily. Bad guys with guns that don't obey the law. That's the world HE lives in. In his world, every other dipstick (maybe more than that) has a gun, or more than one. Hell, he probably knows more guys with guns than YOU do. And UNLIKE law-abiding citizens, those guys aren't particularly reluctant in using them, at least to intimidate and force compliance. Trust me.

Spyke carried the day because he was properly armed and acted promptly and appropriately. But, I can assure you it did NOT deter this scumbag from committing his next crime. It DID, likely, do one of two things:

1) Head down the road (or back to Wally World, later) and choose an easier victim to target. An elderly woman, perhaps. Perhaps still without a gun (good chance he did NOT have one, or he would have most likely brandished it to get compliance from Spyke.) OR...

2) Realizing the precarious position he put himself in with Spyke, NOW decides "Man, I gotta get ME a gun!" Which, likely, isn't all that difficult for him in 'his' world.

Either way, he 'learned his lesson', alright. And he'll be better prepared for the next encounter. He's a scumbag. Don't fool yourself into thinking he's stupid. IOW, "He's stupid, but he isn't stupid."

Which, sadly for the next person, now makes him MORE of a threat.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can't rep ModernGunner yet (gotta share the wealth).

I hope you made a report for attempted robbery. But, at the very least, you handled it well. Everyone goes home, no worse for the wear.

Next time, you might want to puke on him, though. :puke::runaway:

Top Bottom