• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Would it be possible for you to post a description of the alleged assailant?

You said he was a male...how tall, what race, general build, hair color, did anything stand out about him, what was he wearing?

Others need to be on the lookout for this clown. A lot of times these guys work in pairs...one asks for the money, the other holds the gun in case you pull yours. I think you did good, and I also think situational awareness is crucial.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    NOW says to himself "Man, I gotta get ME a gun!" Which, likely, isn't all that difficult for him in 'his' world.

And will likely approach his next victim with gun in hand, maybe concealed in a pocket, and promptly display it in order to gain instant advantage over even an armed victim. Remember, practice makes perfect. Those who learn from their mistakes thrive whether their endeavors are for good or bad.

Can't rep ModernGunner

Got him:yesway:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Had a young male run up to me and demanded my money at The 86th street Wallyworld. I did not shoot him but the removal of my Glock 22 from its holster was enough to make this would be evil doer to kick rocks.

Well done. He must not have been wearing baggy jeans, or they would have fallen off as he ran.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Glad you were not robbed or injured. I would have called 911 and given a description of the assailant so that they might have caught him. He might do the same thing but be armed next time or just attack someone first and then take their valuables. I'd also tell the store manager and give him a description so that he knows what is happening in his area and maybe increase security a bit. Again glad you are ok.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    :+1: glad that you are OK... I had an odd experience yesterday in Bloomington.

Wife, Kids, and I were eating at the new Macri's downtown, we are leaving and a scruffy looking homeless (maybe?) guy was in the entry way asking the hostess about something.. I didn't hear what was said, but she looked a little relieved when we walked up and started to leave. We get outside and this guy gets a little too close, not enough for me to drop my hand to my XDm, but close enough that I ratcheted up my alarm; starts asking about where there is a bar close by... now anyone that's been to Bloomington knows all you have to do is wander a few blocks at most and you will stumble upon at least 2 drinking establishments... anyway I point towards Kirkwood and tell him to walk a couple blocks and he'll find one... he starts walking and I turn to continue walking to the vehicle... he then turns back, starts to ask something about what street this is; he apparently sees my XDm on my side, I OC, and his eyes bug out, he starts apologizing profusely, and turns and practically runs down the street! I admit this is by far the most obvious and active response I've ever gotten from anyone realizing I'm carrying!

More amazing than any of that, my wife actually seemed relieved that I was carrying and that the bum un-assed himself from our location post haste!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI

Thanks for the rep, everyone! Wow... Did the same for the OP, as well. Pay it forward and all that. :cool:

I guess my point is that we should never presume that the BG is going to be 'scared off' by observing a gun, or the presence of a gun.

Depending on the individual scumbag, it may or may not have a deterrent effect, It may or may not make him suddenly hear the 'angelic choir', head ensconced in ethereal light, revelation setting in, and he becomes Ward Cleaver or Cliff Huxtable. In my experience, MOST likely not.

Life is not a Disney movie.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like for this to have been called in, if not just to have them record it as a situation that was dissolved by an armed person. We need more stories like this

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Had a young male run up to me and demanded my money at The 86th street Wallyworld. I did not shoot him but the removal of my Glock 22 from its holster was enough to make this would be evil doer to kick rocks.

Did you call the police and report this attempted robbery? If not, why not?

What was the description of the individual so others can be informed and aware?

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Unfortunately the worse this economy gets, the more often this will happen. Wonder what coward liberals do in situations like this? Pee running down your leg isn't very intimidating. Well done!

I doubt the economy has much to do with it. People like that rarely have jobs to begin with.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did report it to the officer that was present at the store.

How can you follow up and check if a report was filed?

Like we all suspect, this could be one in many, many DGU that go unreported and unknown. Statistically speaking, that hurts us.

Top Bottom