• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know that I'd call that beating "brutal." By his own account, the victim had a scratch on his nose. No broken bones, no apparent ER trip. The perpetrators looked more like they were trying to embarrass him and impress each other, both of which seemed to happen. In this case, I would have taken diligent mental notes for the police and would have offered aid afterwards, but would not have risked escalating the fight and causing this guy/myself/others potential for greater bodily harm.

Now, if we're talking about grandma in the same position.... :bat::bat::bat:

One has to make these assessments. Decisions have to be made.
    Make the wrong one and it could alter your life.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    One has to make these assessments. Decisions have to be made.
    Make the wrong one and it could alter your life.

Couldn't agree more. This didn't look like it was going to cause great bodily harm. In fact, these jackasses reminded me of another jackass...

[video]https://youtu.be/LyMiNY17AIA[/video]

NSFW fat guy "beating."

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    What violent felony?

Assault and battery, serious bodily harm, etc. I don't know the exact code for St Louis, but three guys punching another guy in the head is undoubtedly serious bodily harm. As stated, the guy was lucky to get out with just a few minor scratches, but getting punched in the head can kill you. It has happened lots of times.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Assault and battery, serious bodily harm, etc. I don't know the exact code for St Louis, but three guys punching another guy in the head is undoubtedly serious bodily harm. As stated, the guy was lucky to get out with just a few minor scratches, but getting punched in the head can kill you. It has happened lots of times.

Serious bodily harm is out since it did not happen. I would not involve any type of weapon based on the video, but I'd try to help the victim from being hurt.

When I see violent felony, I think of robbery, kidnapping and attempting to murder ect.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Serious bodily harm is out since it did not happen. I would not involve any type of weapon based on the video, but I'd try to help the victim from being hurt.

When I see violent felony, I think of robbery, kidnapping and attempting to murder ect.

You can only rule out seriously bodily harm now because you know the outcome. In the moment, there is no way of telling how far it will go, or how much damage they are doing. It's easy to say the blows weren't all that damaging since they were more like slaps, but in a real fight, often times what looks like a minor blow can deal real damage.

And as far as the law is concerned, what those guys did on the subway was a violent felony, just like robbery, kidnapping, or attempted murder.

However, I applaud that you would intervene. Honestly, I think that's more than this guy could expect of most people, and certainly more than he got from others on the train!

Top Bottom