• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Just as a thought, I know it will never happen but in my utopian world the mans SUES the metro department for not allowing him to carry a firearm to defend himself against a clear disparity of force. By doing so they have assumed ALL the responsibility to protect him -which they failed to do. Ergo, his trauma is their fault.

In the concluding lawsuit the Metro department is forced to allow the legal carry of firearms, and one of the variables in the discussion is removed.

Oh, what a wonderful world it would be!

Regards,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have used my EDC as a bludgeon more than a few times. It causes serious dents in whatever it is applied to.
    That may or may not be the answer in every situation but if 1 or 2 of the "Thugs" are disabled rapidly the tables turn very fast.
    If you have some training this might be a place to use it. If you do not then a cell phone/911/video might be the answer.
    More than 1 person steps up then it is really a game changer.
    These A$$ hats know the sheeple will not get involved and it has emboldened them.
    It would be impossible for me to "Watch" this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To All,

Just as a thought, I know it will never happen but in my utopian world the mans SUES the metro department for not allowing him to carry a firearm to defend himself against a clear disparity of force. By doing so they have assumed ALL the responsibility to protect him -which they failed to do. Ergo, his trauma is their fault.

In the concluding lawsuit the Metro department is forced to allow the legal carry of firearms, and one of the variables in the discussion is removed.

Oh, what a wonderful world it would be!

Regards,

Doug

Doug,
    The next time I see you and you do not start the conversation with...."To All" I will be seriously disappointed.....:):

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here's something a little different to take away from the video: It's doubtful the guy has any training in the crazy monkey or other default responses [1], so I think the defensive posture he assumed is interesting in that it resembles what some trainers would advocate for a default position/response.

We can say what we want, but it did a decent job of limiting the damage and it seems to support the "instinctiveness" of that kind of approach.

[1] - http://www.urbancombatives.com/defaultart.htm
    Come on man, EVERYBODY that is a victim, will cover their head if being pummeled there, its actually instinct to cover your "soft" parts and your head! If he didn't play and act the victim, he probably wouldn't have been one! He seems predisposed, as do a bunch of "American" males, to letting the animals do as they please! Anyone that wants to deny that, go ahead, doesn't change what is real!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Doug,
    The next time I see you and you do not start the conversation with...."To All" I will be seriously disappointed.....:):

Hey now! I don't often start that way when in The Walking Dead thread!

By the way, when IS the next Union Jack meeting??? I sorely wanted to go to the last one and still want to go to the next!!!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The thugs were armed. They had fists. It's happened over and over, a single blow to the head can kill.

But more importantly, where the heck is Al and Jesse in this. Why aren't they out on the streets screaming about this injustice. ;)

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I do not disagree with you.

Would you be carrying a gun on that train?

If so, what role would it play in your actions? I can't really justify wading into a fistfight with strangers while carrying a gun, that can get so deadly so quick. That said, if a good verbal command doesn't stop the situation, I don't see how the gun stays in the holster and here we go.

I can understand the hesitation, but what you are witnessing is a violent felony in progress. You are authorized to use deadly force to prevent these. I realize that the good guy would be in for a sh*t storm, but I think you would have to draw, demand they stop their attack, and if they continue to attack or they attack you, you do whatever is necessary to stop them.

Regardless of the mess I would be jumping into, I don't think I could stand by and watch a man get beaten by three criminals and do nothing.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    At first, I thought this video was fake. With that many unanswered shots, I kinda-sorta expected to see a little more in the, um..."results" department?

This guy re-defines B****-slap in a way that probably wasn't intended.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Let's change the assumptions a little:
    *That's you in the front seat
    *You're somewhere it's legal to carry
    *These guys start walloping on you

How do you react?

BREAKING NEWS: Caucasian male opens fire on three unarmed black teenagers in response to Mike Brown tragedy. More on this developing story at 11.

Witness testimony:
    "They did do nothin! I was just riding the train and these three guys got up and asked this man if he had heard of Jesus Christ and the white racist just started shootin' for no reason!"

"Yeah! I was there, I saw it! The white guy stopped the three guys who were in a prayer circle and told them to keep it down and then attacked them!"

"Yeah! I saw it all. Hi mom I'm on TV! Yeah I saw the attack. That Darren Wilson lookin' guy just starting trouble"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BREAKING NEWS: Caucasian male opens fire on three unarmed black teenagers in response to Mike Brown tragedy.

That's strangely similar to the subway shooting incident, from a while back. Now, IMO, the guys that got shot in that instance were probably going to rob the shooter, but he kinda jumped the gun a bit (pun unintentional)

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Did I miss something in the video? The cnn video did seemed edited and looped. I seen the guy in red punch 10-30 times. I seen a guy in a grey coat throw 1 punch. The third guy just laughed.

The 2nd guys 1 punch does change the dynamics for me.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I can understand the hesitation, but what you are witnessing is a violent felony in progress. You are authorized to use deadly force to prevent these. I realize that the good guy would be in for a sh*t storm, but I think you would have to draw, demand they stop their attack, and if they continue to attack or they attack you, you do whatever is necessary to stop them.

Regardless of the mess I would be jumping into, I don't think I could stand by and watch a man get beaten by three criminals and do nothing.

Again, I agree with you.

I think you have to draw and when you do, best case scenario is billy badass and company decides to play nice until the doors open and then exit. You will surely be prosecuted, if they identify you, for possessing a firearm in a prohibited area (I am assuming that possession there is a violation of law rather than simply a violation of policy).

I am unsure how those who say they would intervene armed without drawing their gun expect it to play out.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The guy was not a fighter, he did the perfect thing by limiting head damage and not furthering the fight.

I don't see how a firearm would help you when 3 guys are within arms length of you, you would never get the weapon presented.

No way I would stand back, take the fight to the scum! Take America back!

Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    The guy was not a fighter, he did the perfect thing by limiting head damage and not furthering the fight.
    Protecting his head was good, but when under attack, you need to "get off the X". If the thugs wanted to keep punching him, they would have. He is very lucky they got to their train stop and he didn't have to take a lot more blows.

I don't see how a firearm would help you when 3 guys are within arms length of you, you would never get the weapon presented.
    That's probably true, but once again, "get off the X". Add some distance and the number of options grows.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Protecting his head was good, but when under attack, you need to "get off the X". If the thugs wanted to keep punching him, they would have. He is very lucky they got to their train stop and he didn't have to take a lot more blows.

That's probably true, but once again, "get off the X". Add some distance and the number of options grows.

I chant get off the X to everyone all the time, had he attempted to get up they would have jumped him and beat him down much worse, had he made it to the aisle he would have had 3 guys kicking him as well.

I don't see any results that would have worked out better FOR HIM then what he did. I am not him and would have given them a run for the money but he is not I...

Truth is situation awareness, choosing a aisle seat or standing towards the rear, avoiding eye contact, and not appearing to look like a sheep would go far, also no reason he could not have a folding knife and had it at a low ready behind his leg.

It is what it is, maybe we should address the real elephant in the room instead of quarterbacking this poor guy...

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I don't know that I'd call that beating "brutal." By his own account, the victim had a scratch on his nose. No broken bones, no apparent ER trip. The perpetrators looked more like they were trying to embarrass him and impress each other, both of which seemed to happen. In this case, I would have taken diligent mental notes for the police and would have offered aid afterwards, but would not have risked escalating the fight and causing this guy/myself/others potential for greater bodily harm.

Now, if we're talking about grandma in the same position.... :bat::bat::bat:

Top Bottom