• Status
    Not open for further replies.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Since this forum has grown and has a population of a small city, I have noticed a small colony of folks here that dont believe in God and even some that felt the need to mock his existance on Easter of all days. Sad I think.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There will always be mockers. He died for them too.

Let 'em mock

...since they couldn't keep Him dead, it's really all they can do. :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Being an atheist is one thing. They are entitled to their beliefs, same as we are ours. They are entitled to speak their beliefs, same as us.

What is being seen from a few on the board is something different. It's hatred, bigotry. What they are saying, the way they are acting, seems like a bunch of Klukkers sitting around talking about how they hate Jews and black folks.

It's a reminder that there were plenty of Germans who enjoyed loading the Jews on the trains, who thought it was the right thing to do. It's a reminder that there are still people like that in the world today, and given half a chance they'll gladly toss Christians on the train, too.

Reckon it's a good test of my faith. Nobody is perfect, and I fall shorter of that goal than many. I pray for them, but must admit I question my sincerity in a couple cases. Perhaps they are being used to strengthen my faith, and make my walk a little more effective.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That's OK, the Cross has broad shoulders. Besides, I started the controversy with my Christ-like attitude. Does it really matter, scripture tells us that Christians will be the minority one day, and even be prosecuted for their beliefs.

desert-cross.jpg

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I hope that you guys are not refering to me.

Diversity is what makes this country great, I can live with you guys as I'm sure you can live with me.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    And yet, so many Christians feel the need to belittle those who believe differently.

If you're so certain of your beliefs why is the attempted mind-reading necessary? Are people who mock the DEA's Mr. Glock Foh-ty speaking from insecurity? Do people own guns to compensate for anatomical deficiencies?

When the mind reading is aimed at you, how do you feel about it? Does your religion not teach concepts that add up to The Golden Rule?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Matthew 5:
    10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I hope that you guys are not refering to me.

Diversity is what makes this country great, I can live with you guys as I'm sure you can live with me.

I have know Idea who the OP is specifically talking about. However there has been a ton of Christian Hate here as of late, as far as you are concerned, nothing wrong with healthy debate, no hate from your direction.

And yet, so many Christians feel the need to belittle those who believe differently.

Who is being belittled? The OP is actually a defensive stance not offensive. :dunno:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Matthew 5:
    10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
    12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Fixed that for you ;)

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm not sure how the "mockers" truly feel. It just seems to me that they are finding humor in getting others riled up. I believe in God and that his Son died for me. Everything else is just a part of what we have to endure before judgement day.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    There are some atheists who are real jerks.
    There are some Christians who are real jerks.
    There are some atheists who are wonderful people.
    There are some Christians who are wonderful people.

*shrug*

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Matthew 5:

"Judge not that ye be not judged, For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."Matthew 7:1-2

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit." Matthew 7: 16-18

"God does not play dice with the Universe." Albert Einstein.
    "Stop telling God what to do, Albert," Neils Bohr.
    (It's amazing how many people claim belief in a god beyond human comprehension and yet are so sure of their conception of that God and what it means."

"He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." Matthew 19:8 (While one may claim that God is unchanged and unchanging it would appear to be the case that his law is not but is instead adaptable to the development of the human animal, the societies which grow up within it and the situations in which people find themselves.)

Quotes from the KJV since that's the version I grew up with and am most comfortable with.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I have know Idea who the OP is specifically talking about. However there has been a ton of Christian Hate here as of late, as far as you are concerned, nothing wrong with healthy debate, no hate from your direction.

Who is being belittled? The OP is actually a defensive stance not offensive. :dunno:

It might have been clearer if there had not been several posts that came up while I was writing mine. I was responding to the "it's their insecurity" comment.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    "Judge not that ye be not judged"Matthew 7:1-2

I love it when folk throw the judgment scripture in Christians face as an argument for conversation, based around observation.

Who is being judgmental?

By definition...

Judgment (or judgement[1]) is the evaluation of evidence in the making of a decision. The term has three distinct uses:

***SNIP***

It appears at first to be a coversation winner, but it is really just a weak way of saying, I don't like what you have observed about my statement, so there.

One could just as easily say, How can you see the splinter in my eye through the plank in yours?

But the OP's point is easily recognized. Why so much Christian hate? It's plain and simple spitefulness on the day we celebrate our Saviors Resurrection.

In fact the OP of that thread actually stated himself that his whole purpose was to draw a direct attack to Christian on their day. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom