• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I honestly don't think this feels right. I lived in Parker my whole life. Ludington might be stubborn, but he's always been a popular upstanding member of the city. Unless something shady was going on after-hours, I'm not buying this 100%, call it denial if you wish. This just sucks.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Guess he got what he deserved. I was in there Saturday trying to find a Fobus holster, and a tac rail adapter for my sigma s+w but since I wasn't spending a bunch of money, he acted like he didn't have time for me. I think I read that he was selling guns to felons and non-residents.:rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what happens to the guns?? Gov't auction so all the LEOs and such get great deals on all the goodies? Or do they just put them away for evidence? And why are half of the ATF agents in the picture women? Just wondering

ATF has two major divisions: LEOs and code enforcers (non-LEOs).
    Suspect that what you see in the pics are code enforcers (females) that will be busy bees inventorying everything (guns, records, etc..) so that the .gov can make it's cases against the owner.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    He had a big inventory last time I was in there. 70 agents? Love to see our tax money at work.

70 ATF agents, PLUS investigators, PLUS "support personnel," PLUS State Police assistance.

Sounds like probably over 100 people took part. Can't wait to see what this is all about.

Keep in mind that what ATF really does it perform assaults on citizens who have either made a paperwork error, or failed to pay a tax on something.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    ^^This. Think the ATF won't be going through every 4473 and making copies for their records? Glad I've never been in that store.
    I been there a few times the guy is a jerk seems angry he has to take time to show you a gun. Went there once to buy a glock 21 after dealing with him i took my business to Wulff's gun shop in connersville he'll gladly help anyone and if he doesnt have it he will order it or do transfers. Im glad i never ordered a gun of him and i wont miss that place.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Doh! Sorry bout quoting copyrighted stuff.
    Updated, Fred was arrested by the Feds, selling weapons to felons and non-Indiana residents. There's a picture of the activity up, now.
    Parker City gun shop raided, owner arrested | The Star Press | thestarpress.com
    Heck, he was so stubborn to deal with, maybe I was the wrong demographic?

Coming from the ATF, I have ZERO faith that this is anywhere close to the truth. More likely, it means that they tried to pressure him to entrap someone, and he refused to play their game.

Or, perhaps he was not very polite to an ATF agent during a visit.

I wouldn't trust ATF to tell the truth under any circumstances. If they want to arrest a gunstore owner, do they really need 100 people to do it? Why not just wait for him to leave work and approach him in the parking lot with a polite "Excuse me sir"?

Let me guess, ATF's budget is up for renewal, and they needed a grandstanding event to show what a grand job they are doing? Did they arrive in cattle trailers?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Word is they got a tip from a confidential informant on the ways of selling to felons and out of state'ers.
    13847091_BG1.jpg

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    A friend of mine just told me that Fred had purchased the property next door and had plans to expand the gunshop and even put in an underground range. I imagine this will change things. Was really surprised when I saw Fred got raided. I wonder if it was Fred doing the illegal stuff or one of the guys that worked for him. Since he is the owner I guess it really wouldn't matter.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I left work to watch the press conference but didn't find it on tv. Also, a coworker had 2 guns there for repair.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I left work to watch the press conference but didn't find it on tv. Also, a coworker had 2 guns there for repair.

If they were rifles, and if ATF ever returns them to him (which I doubt), I would STRONGLY suggest he take them DIRECTLY to a gunsmith to make sure that certain parts requiring a tax haven't mysteriously appeared in his gun. He may expect a visit from a few dozen ATF agents in full military garb who intend on enforcing that tax code.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I been in to Ludco a bunch of times in my life and bought a few things there over the years. Fred isn't the nicest guy you'll ever meet and his prices usually stink but something about this raid stinks too. It won't matter if Fred is guilty of anything or not, this is and will be bad press for the gun world and will provide another reason for more nonsense legislation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom