• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wow, I have to admit I was surprised to read this. After thinking about it and thinking about how Fred treated me and other customers it kinda makes sense. I think this is great news because I hate criminals.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I been in to Ludco a bunch of times in my life and bought a few things there over the years. Fred isn't the nicest guy you'll ever meet and his prices usually stink but something about this raid stinks too. It won't matter if Fred is guilty of anything or not, this is and will be bad press for the gun world and will provide another reason for more nonsense legislation.

1000x this. I feel like he's the first victim of them trying to shift the focus off of Gunwalker. They're going to paint him as a demon that murders kids, but I can't imagine it would be anything other than some bureaucratic BS.

:popcorn:

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Wow, I have to admit I was surprised to read this. After thinking about it and thinking about how Fred treated me and other customers it kinda makes sense. I think this is great news because I hate criminals.

I'll be the first to say Fred can be a jerk but, we really don't know what the deal is.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

We ALL hate criminals.

However, in my mind, a "criminal" is not one who has merely made paperwork errors. It also doesn't mean that just because the ATF CLAIMS someone is a "criminal," that anyone was actually harmed by the target of their attention.

Unfortunately, ATF is now in sole possession of all of his records and firearms. No matter what existed before, I'm certain that NOW there are items which require a tax, several paperwork errors, and probably evidence of a straw man sale (which was probably an ATF agent to begin with).

Anyone who trusts the ATF to be honest would probably have more realistic expectations if they trusted the local gangbangers to babysit their 5 year old.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We ALL hate criminals.

However, in my mind, a "criminal" is not one who has merely made paperwork errors. It also doesn't mean that just because the ATF CLAIMS someone is a "criminal," that anyone was actually harmed by the target of their attention.

Unfortunately, ATF is now in sole possession of all of his records and firearms. No matter what existed before, I'm certain that NOW there are items which require a tax, several paperwork errors, and probably evidence of a straw man sale (which was probably an ATF agent to begin with).

Anyone who trusts the ATF to be honest would probably have more realistic expectations if they trusted the local gangbangers to babysit their 5 year old.

The only thing "criminal" we know for sure, was Fred's prices :D

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    We ALL hate criminals.

This is the sad truth, back when I worked in new castle, I did business with fred alot, and no complaints. The only things I ever paid sticker price for were layaways. And there were deals to be had there. I am beginning to wonder if I will have atf stop by.....lol

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

"On five (5) separate occasions between January and March 2011, undercover Indiana State Police detectives, ATF agents, and a confidential informant went to Ludco posing as customers. "

So, Fred gets busted because the ATF agents broke the law by making strawman purchases, and paying a "confidential informant" to also break the law.

If the confidential informant had refused to go along, he might have been "Weavered."

I'd still like to hear the truth though. Not the made-for-budget-hearing pablum spewed by the ATF. Of course, now that ATF has everything under their control, the only "truth" we will ever hear is what the ATF tells us it is.

Even on its face, Fred is accused of committing a crime against The State.
    And why isn't the ATF charged with inducing a convicted felon to violate federal law? Is there justice in allowing the ATF to violate the very same law they are accusing their victim of? There is no "justice" when ATF is involved.

ATF is to justice what a rapist is to reproductive health.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Does Fred have a wife and kids? If he does, I suspect a little pressure applied by the ATF will result in Fred not saying a word.

I know he's married, almost certain he has kids and grandkids. This whole thing stinks.

The reason the service in there usually sucks (let's be honest), is because they know they're the only gun store around and are making money hand-over-fist so they really don't care whether they get your money or not. That makes me question the straw man sale. If the undercover agent sting went down the way they say, Ludington would know right off the bat it was an extremely high-risk sale. Now if he were really hurting for money, I would imagine people would be way more likely to do whatever to get by, but they were always packed in there. They have more business than they know what to do with, so why would someone who knew the ins and outs of gun sales perform such a ridiculously high-risk sale when he could have wiped his bum with the money? It doesn't make sense to me.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    "On five (5) separate occasions between January and March 2011, undercover Indiana State Police detectives, ATF agents, and a confidential informant went to Ludco posing as customers. "

So, Fred gets busted because the ATF agents broke the law by making strawman purchases, and paying a "confidential informant" to also break the law.

If the confidential informant had refused to go along, he might have been "Weavered."

I'd still like to hear the truth though. Not the made-for-budget-hearing pablum spewed by the ATF. Of course, now that ATF has everything under their control, the only "truth" we will ever hear is what the ATF tells us it is.

Even on its face, Fred is accused of committing a crime against The State.
    And why isn't the ATF charged with inducing a convicted felon to violate federal law? Is there justice in allowing the ATF to violate the very same law they are accusing their victim of? There is no "justice" when ATF is involved.

ATF is to justice what a rapist is to reproductive health.

:laugh:

It's obvious from your post(s)that the only "truth" you're willing to accept is that the ATF is an evil group of liars who set Fred up. What's it matter what really happened? You're going to say it's a lie and a set-up no matter what anyone who disagrees says. It's kinda like saying "You can pick whatever candy bar you want as long as it's this Snickers bar."

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was there once a couple years ago and it was a shocking experience! The shop is basically a house turned into a gun shop and there were guns everywhere! The cases were so full that new guns were stacked 2-3 on top of one another and long guns were stacked 4-5 deep against the wall. There were even handguns hanging from the ceiling by string! Scopes, ammo, holsters and other things were stacked everywhere. It was crowded with 3-4 people in there I can't imagine the place full of Feds. I hope the truth comes out but it seems like a set up to me. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    This is seriously not a bad idea. I have been wanting someone to do this very thing for years.
    I know. Prairie Creek is decent, but its not a dedicated gun shop.

You want to be really funny, set it up in the Village S of ball state. Lots of vacant offices there. :)

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Long after all is said and done with this case, we will still be in mourning for all those guns that will probably get the torch. Who's the victim in a case like this?

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    This is seriously not a bad idea. I have been wanting someone to do this very thing for years.

There is another gun shop, it is in Ridgeville. He doesn't have near the selection as Fred(who does) but his prices are better and he's a pretty nice guy. I purchased several guns from there and plan on making all my firearms purchases from him. If he doesn't have it, he can order it and have it there in a short time. Larry doesn't carry re-loading supplies but I found a shop off 49 in Ohio(about 10 miles from my house) that carries reloading supplies. I checked with Ludco and primers were $4.95 a hundred and this place was $3.20. I bought a pound of Alliant Red Dot, a pound of Winchester 296 and 200 each of large and small pistol primers for about $45 including tax.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I feel bad for all the layaway's, consignments, and Smith work that was in that shop. those owners will most likely never get there items back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom