• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My neighbor has his Anaconda in there. I told him before that we should have ordered the parts and fixed it ourselves. Now he is all but certain to not have it for some time, if at all.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Word is they got a tip from a confidential informant on the ways of selling to felons and out of state'ers.
    13847091_BG1.jpg
    There Heading to Don's Guns tomorrow because the ATF wore them selfs out today!! :)::):

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    If this place has crummy prices and bad service there must be some reason for it to be so crowded. Have any of you seen Dorothy or the Tin Man in there? LOL Seriously, there are always two sides to every story and then there's the truth. It will be interesting to see what happens here.
    :popcorn:

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    There's a couple of shops in anderson but that's still quite a drive for anyone in randolph county. I will have to check out the place in ridgeville. Seriously though the muncie area needs a decent gun shop and range. The alternatives are a pawn shop for guns and a gun club with a 5 round limit. I guess there's wilbur too.

The only time ive bought from ludco is when they've had the auctions. Even then you got sleazy feeling when they don't tell you until check out its 15$ transfer, per gun, regardless if you have an ffl. I checked and it wasnt posted either. If I remember right there was a credit card fee too. The only reason this place got business was lack of options.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Since all they took was the firearms and ammo, where will all the "extras" end up? Big sidewalk sale on holsters and lasers? Like to get me a good 1/2 price deal on some of the non-gun goodies that were in that shop.:D

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I have bought several guns from him over the years. Yes his prices were a little high, but I didn't mind paying a few extra bucks because he always had what I wanted to look at or buy in stock. I tried to go the cheap route once and ordered a rifle from walmart. What a fiasco. The clerk didn't even know how to fill out the paper work correctly, I had to make two additional trips back to the store AFTER the purchase to get everything squared away.

As for Fred's honesty, he never gave me any reason to believe he was dishonest. He always called NICS when I purchased and made sure I filled out the paperwork myself and that I did it correctly. I wonder it it was his helper that was selling Illegal. Ludcos was open 7 days a week darn near every day of the year, Fred was there most of the time but occasionally he left the store to someone else.
    I am going to miss that store, Even if you didn't buy Fred was always willing to let you look at anything he had which was apparently over 3,700 guns

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I understand the argument about how non-trustworthy the ATF is, but it sounds like Fred was legitimately in the wrong. I don't know if 70 ATF agents was necessary, but selling firearms to criminals is illegal no matter how many people want to get involved.

anyways.. DOWN WITH THE ATF.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Even though I think the guy is a complete jerk I can say that he did follow the paperwork part up with a background check on more then one person when I was in there.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    so does any one have any idea on what they will do about all the people who have firearms on hold like they have paid part of the price or traded in a firearm towards the firearm?

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    great i have bought guns their before... they hopefully wont be coming by my house. Im with other people, this smells fishy, every time i went in their i had to do the 4473 except when i bought that short barreled, FA, suppressed babby killan black gun with extended clips but seriously the ATF is super trustworthy and everyone saying he was a jerk and deserves this, he is a 61 year old man and will be going into federal butt rape prison for 10 years for him being set up by the ATF. if he does go to prison he will likely die on the inside which sucks

j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I thought people were always calling for better enforcement of existing laws rather than creating new legislation? Isn't this what happened?

If you can't do the time...

Jason

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I thought people were always calling for better enforcement of existing laws rather than creating new legislation? Isn't this what happened?

If you can't do the time...

Jason

sure enforcing current laws is a good thing but if the laws didnt exist in the first place it would be even better EX NFA, hughes amendment, 1968 GCA etc etc

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    :laugh:

It's obvious from your post(s)that the only "truth" you're willing to accept is that the ATF is an evil group of liars who set Fred up.

I think it would be a more accurate representation to say that the ATF is an evil group of liars.

The ATF has lied before.

The ATF has set people up before.

It is likely that they are continuing this habit and pattern.

Let's say that you believe the ATF (Which you apparently do). Have you asked yourself why the ATF should be able to, by their own admission, break federal law, and pay others to break federal law, for the sole purpose of trying to get their "target" to also break the law?

If you or I (assuming you don't work for ATF) were to go into a gun store and try to persuade the salesperson into selling a firearm without proper paperwork, do you think that only the saleperson would go to prison? Or, is it more likely that BOTH buyer and seller would go to prison? Why, then, if such an act is a federal felony when done by us, is it acceptable for the ATF to have felons perform the same activity in the name of "justice?" Government authority comes FROM us, and as such, how is it possible that we have granted them more authority than we ourselves have?

Where in the 9th and 10th Amendments does it grant federal employees power and authority superior to that of the citizens? Where in Article I, Section 8, does Congress have the ability to enable such activities?

You can turn a blind eye to ATF if you want, or even condone their actions and history wholesale, but you have to remember, that ATF is, at its core, a TAX enforcement agency, and is a part of Dept. of Treasury. Doesn't 70 federal agents (plus support personnel) seem excessive to enforce a TAX CODE? Or does it seem more like ATF's traditional grandstanding?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    This wasn't just a bust, it was a statement by the Feds!!

Wise up, if people keep dissing the Tea Party Constitutionalist types, well, you know the rest of the story.

Vote Conservative!!!

Last edited:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was just in there last month. They didn't have what I wanted (older charter arms .38). That's too bad. It was the closest gun store to my home. I'm sorry he was shady. I knew that they weren't the friendliest people, but I wouldn't have suspected this. Wow. What will happen to all the homeless handguns?

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    So, does the ATF operate like a union or do union's operate like the ATF?
    70+ ATF agents for a shop of less than 7 employees is probably protocol. But with most of them being women, we can estimate a 40 man-power cleanout of the shop, which was likely necessary to empty that place out in one trip. But hey, at least ol' Fred can sleep easy tonight knowing he fulfilled that saying... "If the police can take away your guns with only two guys and one van, you don't have enough guns."

crap... where's that purple button?

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I was just in there last month. They didn't have what I wanted (older charter arms .38). That's too bad. It was the closest gun store to my home. I'm sorry he was shady. I knew that they weren't the friendliest people, but I wouldn't have suspected this. Wow. What will happen to all the homeless handguns?

What will happen to all the homeless handguns?
    if found guilty, probably left to rot in some moist hellhole or cut in half and melted, if not found guilty hopefully returned without any "modifications" from the ATF for a future visit from them

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What will happen to all the homeless handguns?
    if found guilty, probably left to rot in some moist hellhole or cut in half and melted, if not found guilty hopefully returned without any "modifications" from the ATF for a future visit from them
    The way things have been going the BATFU is more likely to send them to Mexico and sell them to the cartels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom