• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    I have made some minor purchases there and one pistol. I will say that Fred is not the most plesant of folks, but I have met worse.

When I bought my pistol in there, according to Fred's computerized inventory, he had what I wanted in stock, but after looking in vain for no more than 30 minutes, he had to admit that he was going to have to order mine and correct his inventory...

Yeah, he has a lot of faults, but like others have said, he is about the only game in town unless you want to drive for an hour or more or visit the local pawn shops.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    full disclosure: I've had nothing but a positive experence everytime I have had any dealings with BATFE

.what is even more, it seems all the anti-government folks on here are going to give him a free pass on it too simply because they dont' like the ATF. there should not have even been any "undercover" investigation, he should have lost his FFL months ago

I will say that if he agreed to ask for government permission to do something, then he shouldn't be surprised if the government withdraws that permission if he doesn't follow the paperwork rules.

I don't "like" the BATF because they an unconstitutional entity. Noplace in the Constitution is the government granted the authority to regulate alcohol, tobacco, OR firearms. How can anyone "like" an agency which they consider to be an illegal entity, whether or not that agency has a LENGTHY history of abuse, deceit, fraud, and murder? It would be the same as someone "liking" the SS because of their spiffy uniforms, and their tendency to efficiently follow orders.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    All weapons siezed will be held till the end of the court proceedings and appeal process if needed. Those who have a claim to firearms stored there on consignment or for gunsmithing will have to petition the Govermment with proof of ownership to get it back.

My guess is Fred knew what he was doing, the past inspections proved a pattern of poor judgement. He's looking at 3-5 in the Federal system, his inventory and property sized and lawyers will take all he has left.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    All weapons siezed will be held till the end of the court proceedings and appeal process if needed. Those who have a claim to firearms stored there on consignment or for gunsmithing will have to petition the Govermment with proof of ownership to get it back.

My guess is Fred knew what he was doing, the past inspections proved a pattern of poor judgement. He's looking at 3-5 in the Federal system, his inventory and property sized and lawyers will take all he has left.

A friend of mine was in the process of trading his 12 gauge shotgun for a 9mm pistol, and had left it at the store along with some cash while having the pistol on layaway, is this what he is going to have to do in order to get his shotgun/money back?

Also he does still have his receipt from his lawyay with the make, model, and serial number from his shotgun that was going to be traded. Would that be enough evidence to show that the shotgun belongs to him?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well the things on the list that he has done I don't find morally wrong. The laws we have in place pertaining to firearms are one of the many forms of control our government uses on us. Things like this are what make me believe are country is screwed andhonestly its just sad to see it come to this.

Statements like this makes me wonder which way some people want it. Others sound more like borderline Soverign citizens. There is critisism of (managers) of BATF on letting guns go to build a case. (which is justifed) Then they make an arrest on someone that needed to be arrested and are critized again. Which is it!!!! As far as morally wrong it dosen't matter it was against the law. Bending it to your favor is not neccessarily make it "Morally Right" either.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I have made some minor purchases there and one pistol. I will say that Fred is not the most plesant of folks, but I have met worse.

Popguns made Fred look like the friendliest person in the world :n00b:

Thats quite a list of occurances, and 997 guns unaccounted for? Sounds like a missing book, but who knows. btw, +1 thompal atf and fcc are 2 that I don't think are right, but some idiot somewhere came up with them:noway:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Statements like this makes me wonder which way some people want it. Others sound more like borderline Soverign citizens. There is critisism of (managers) of BATF on letting guns go to build a case. (which is justifed) Then they make an arrest on someone that needed to be arrested and are critized again. Which is it!!!! As far as morally wrong it dosen't matter it was against the law. Bending it to your favor is not neccessarily make it "Morally Right" either.

What? Your post makes no sense.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Illegal and morally wrong are two different things. If you don't know this I'm not even going to try to have an intelligent discussion with you.

What I am saying there Lucas is, if you are breaking the law isn't that morally wrong?? Like others I personally might not agree with some laws but I follow them because what kind or moral person discards whichever laws they do not like. Just because you follow the rules dosn't make you a sheeple. Thats why I made the Soverign citizen comparison. Some people sound more like they have SC mentality.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    He was busted for things that I don't think should be illegal, however, as long as they are illegal, it doesn't matter what I think, you had better follow the law if you don't want to go to a bang you in the *** federal penitentiary.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    He was busted for things that I don't think should be illegal, however, as long as they are illegal, it doesn't matter what I think, you had better follow the law if you don't want to go to a bang you in the *** federal penitentiary.

Wow...do you believe it should be legal to sell guns to convicted felons?!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Wow...do you believe it should be legal to sell guns to convicted felons?!

Why not? If they've done their jail time and let out I think they should have all of their rights restored not just some of them. If they are deemed a threat to society and dangerous with guns then why are they not still in prison?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Why not? If they've done their jail time and let out I think they should have all of their rights restored not just some of them. If they are deemed a threat to society and dangerous with guns then why are they not still in prison?
    I'd rep u again but it won't let me. This is my opinion as well. After released u have been a clean bill of health. No longer a threat to society since u have been "rehabilitated". U can vote again, right? Go to school again? Drive with a license, work, go to church.......? Maybe it depends on the felony (I haven't decided yet). After all we are always making new laws, why not amend some as well. :n00b:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

So consequences for committing a felony should be prison or nothing? If you think about it really hard, the logic behind that doesn't really make sense. Too dangerous to own a firearm and too dangerous to get a job at Subway are two different things. You're essentially arguing that in the case of one who has committed a felony, freedom should be an all or nothing thing. Why? Are you familiar with the prison system?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Call me crazy but I don't want someone who was convicted of a crime involving a gun to be allowed to go buy another one.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    So consequences for committing a felony should be prison or nothing?

Twist my words however you want.

If you think about it really hard, the logic behind that doesn't really make sense.

You must be one of the few it doesn't make sense to.

Too dangerous to own a firearm and too dangerous to get a job at Subway are two different things.

Maybe so but I'd say if you are either way you should still be in prison because you are a threat to society.

You're essentially arguing that in the case of one who has committed a felony, freedom should be an all or nothing thing. Why?

Thats not what I'm arguing; thats how you interpreted it. Not my fault.

Are you familiar with the prison system?

Are you familiar with the word irrelevant?

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Twist my words however you want.

You must be one of the few it doesn't make sense to.

Maybe so but I'd say if you are either way you should still be in prison because you are a threat to society.

Thats not what I'm arguing; thats how you interpreted it. Not my fault.

Are you familiar with the word irrelevant?

You asked the question "If they are deemed a threat to society and dangerous with guns then why are they not still in prison?"

The answer is that society has deemed that the released felon is not a threat to society if the felon does not own a firearm (or rather the prison/judicial system can not accommodate the felon in prison and has released them). A forfeiture of the right to own a firearm is part of the penalty.

Yes, I am familiar with the word irrelevant.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom