• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    There is another gun shop, it is in Ridgeville. He doesn't have near the selection as Fred(who does) but his prices are better and he's a pretty nice guy. I purchased several guns from there and plan on making all my firearms purchases from him. If he doesn't have it, he can order it and have it there in a short time. Larry doesn't carry re-loading supplies but I found a shop off 49 in Ohio(about 10 miles from my house) that carries reloading supplies. I checked with Ludco and primers were $4.95 a hundred and this place was $3.20. I bought a pound of Alliant Red Dot, a pound of Winchester 296 and 200 each of large and small pistol primers for about $45 including tax.

I agree. I know Larry Friend very well (just bought something from him today in fact). Great guy and also gives a very competitive price. I have purchased a number of guns from him and would recommend him to anyone.

Waynetucky10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been in the shop a few times and I got to say that it would sure suck if I had the job of finding paperwork on any inventory in there.The place looked like a hoarders house who owned 50 housecats.It would almost be as tough a job as being the press secretary for the president.Anywho, why do they have an enterprise rent-a-truck? I sure thought the feds OWNED one by now.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    can't say much about them, was last there in 92 or 93 son was at ball state at the time, we both bought several guns from them, even had a shotgun reblued there. They had more firearms then any place I knew of at the time:yesway:, was the owner a :xmad:, sorry don't remember, were the prices high, yea I quess:rolleyes:, but given at the time there was not another one closer. I wonder how many ball state students bought stuff there?:n00b:
    More to the point if he broke the law he needs to go by-by, the other shoe will only drop if he's able to make a public statement or be shut up by his lawlyer. Outside of that we'll have to wait for the public trail, or if he pleads quilty to lesser charges and no trial is done we will never know both sides of the story.:popcorn: do I trust the goverment? are you kiding?

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    THATS FUNNY! But now you must go. There is no humor here, just hate...

What hate?? Could you explain this a little better for me? I just thought it was funny personally.

Never mind Indyjohn, I read your earlier explanation on the way here. Don't really think I agree but it's still a free country.... Isn't it????

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    full disclosure: I've had nothing but a positive experence everytime I have had any dealings with BATFE

It boggles my mind how someone could not account for 1000+ firearms and the ATF let it slide...what is even more, it seems all the anti-government folks on here are going to give him a free pass on it too simply because they dont' like the ATF. there should not have even been any "undercover" investigation, he should have lost his FFL months ago

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe he could account for them.

If he's a slob, it's not a crime. It only makes him very inefficient at tracking down what's what.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well the things on the list that he has done I don't find morally wrong. The laws we have in place pertaining to firearms are one of the many forms of control our government uses on us. Things like this are what make me believe are country is screwed andhonestly its just sad to see it come to this.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    If he's guilty, then that's that, if he's not then I hope the court does justice in his case. I too have had similar dealings with him as others have on the board.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not according to the audit which started the investigation, and sloppy recordkeeping by an FFL IS a crime.

Maybe the Bureau couldv'e just suspended his license (years prior to these recent offenses) - instead they decided to build a good solid case to throw him in the pokey. It's not like they didn't have a history together (Ludington and the BATFE).

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Aww... c'mon LEaSH... he was part of Operation GunCrawler... :D

Actually as a means of controlling the flow of guns to illegal hands - regular audits + eliminating a violator's FFL makes sense. A lot more sense than waiting a long time to build an airtight case and send them to prison.

lawrence1139

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Muncie
    I brought my first gun from him a couple of years ago, and he treated me like a prick. I have heard that he is a sheister and to not buy from him again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom