• IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

I was asked this evening to leave one of your stores because I was carrying a gun in plain sight. I realize that I could carry my gun in a concealed fashion, and disturb no one, and not cause any commotion in your store that might cost you a sale, but I have this ego thing that makes me want to be Clint Eastwood and carry my gun so people can see that I'm somebody. If I had to carry it concealed, I couldn't show off and would be nobody.

Sniped worthless drivel below this point

May I ask you is there any difference between a lawful citizen and and a plainclothes detective open carrying in Kroger on his way home in this situation?

No, there is none, both are Licensed To Carry a Handgun in the State of Indiana.

Because I think that there's been more than one occasion that one has stopped by a Kroger on his way home to shop with his sidearm showing, and don't give me this "His badge will be showing" for all we know it's the infamous CCW badge, or a security guard badge.

WWCED?

Really, What Would Clint Eastwood Do?

I think he might tell you to stop being a sissy girl and let the man carry as he see's fit, after all it's HIS choice to carry that way, why do you have to bust his chops with your worthless CC spew. Carry as YOU see fit, and let others carry their way.

One thing we must start to realize as legally licensed firearms holders as a whole, the public will continue to be reactive this way to open carriers until they are educated, it may be one at a time, but that's one more than what there was. This antigun culture was not created overnight, and we won't change it overnight either.

Inform, Educate and be responsible.:patriot:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Rogue 5 yr olds... I will keep my eyes open at all times.
    Only 5 year old girls, as I understand it... (no, I'm not sexist).

That isn't a bad idea! PM me with your wittiness. As i tend to have lots of add moments.
    Oh, I'll make a thread when/if I manage to cobble something together and we can collectively make improvements/upgrades/changes. I'm very much ADD myself which is part of why I'm so good at what I do, and so bad at ...Oh look! A butterfly!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The problem with a company implimenting owner rights is that it is considered a public place.

Do they ask people who talk on cell phones in line to leave their cell phone in the car or leave?

Do they disallow a carpenter to carry a hammer? Or a meat cutter to carry his knives into work?

Both of those are far more dangerous than a securely holstered sidearm.

Do they intend to tell the old lady paying in pennies to leave?

Why are we, the non-criminals singled out? Yeah, we get it, you don't want us law abiding citizens to ever have to protect your employees or your other customers...basically, company assets free of charge.
    One would think they'd give free bacon to ltch holders.

We all use money to pay for a service, simply denying someone the said service when the person has done nothing wrong is absurd.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Those who ask us to leave do not see us as good, they see us as a part of the problem. Education is the only resolution and most don't seem to want to be educated. :-(

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

I was asked this evening to leave one of your stores because I was carrying a gun in plain sight. I realize that I could carry my gun in a concealed fashion, and disturb no one, and not cause any commotion in your store that might cost you a sale, but I have this ego thing that makes me want to be Clint Eastwood and carry my gun so people can see that I'm somebody. If I had to carry it concealed, I couldn't show off and would be nobody.

Thank you for exercising your property owner rights and safeguarding your financial bottom line. I fully agree that there is no reason for me, or anyone, to carry a firearm in open sight in an environment where it may not be appreciated and cost a merchant business. I didn't think. I'll try harder next time."

Tweek that a little and fire it off to Kroger.

Dear Kroger,

In the times we now live in, I've felt the need to write and request that you change your corporate policy on firearms in your stores. Having lived in many States that do not allow the general public to carry firearms, most recently Illinois, I find your blanket compliance to State Laws somewhat disturbing.

Yesterday, I had planned on 'doing some business' in one of your stores in Bloomington, In. Having been there several times over the previous two days, and having seen the unarmed security guard, I felt very safe in choosing this location to conduct my transaction.

Imagine my shock and surprise when, on the eve of my closing this deal, I walk in and see some Clint Eastwood wanna be Carrying a Firearm in the open for everyone to see!!!! Needless to say, I suddenly began to feel that my personal safety would have been in jeopardy, should I continue with my planned action.

In short, I am requesting that you immediately post "No Firearms" signs at all your locations (such as is done in other states) or I will be forced to take my business to a more safe location and will advise all other persons in my line of work to do so as well.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

Frustrated Criminal

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Somebody please explain to me why, when you are in someone else's house and they ask you to leave, why you don't just say, "OK" and then leave?

because it's not their house. An ignorant manager doesn't OWN the store. Why not report it to Corporate and let them educate their employees?

What if they'd asked him to leave for having a knife clipped to his pocket?

We need a movement in this country, to counter the war the brady campaign is waging on us every day.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

Thank you for exercising your property owner rights and safeguarding your financial bottom line. I fully agree that there is no reason for me, or anyone, to carry a firearm in open sight in an environment where it may not be appreciated and cost a merchant business. I didn't think. I'll try harder next time."

Thanks for using your 1st amendment right to try to trump my 2nd amendment right. Now that we have that out of the way your opinion is just that. If you want to tell us about tactical advantage, and being the first on shot for OCing you can go here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument-21.html

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Shop at the Bloomington seminary square kroger, they are so overrun by vagrants the employees in there love to see an armed good guy :)
    But my advice ignore the doofs you spoke to, sort it out with corporate.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Well, in siding with state law, they are asking you to leave accordingly. You've read the law right? I would ask them who will protect you from mad gunmen since employees can't carry either. Or better yet, don't shop a Kroger any more and send them copies of receipts from your grocery purchases elsewhere. I haven't been inside a kroger since the shooting a few months back and won't return under any circumstances. I know it's tough having conviction and sticking to ones beliefs, but if it is really so difficult then perhaps one needs to re-evaluate just what their beliefs are.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I love the private property argument some people use. Following that logic then I could ask someone to leave if say they were wearing a crucifix or a yamaca or had a prayer rug under their arm. After all it is private property and I have the right to refuse right. Why is it you can be sued for violating religious rights or if you deny entry based on color but not when you discriminate for firearms. I disagree with barring anyone. But if you agree that a property due to private property issues can bar a firemarms carrier then you must agree that they can deny a black muslim or white. I agree with none of them. Or if you are Marion Berry you just want them asians to stop invading your black neighborhood.
    There are these "protected class" issues to answer your question, and gun owners aren't one. Personally I feel that when one decides to engage in commerce with the public at large, they forfeit certain property rights, but until the supreme court says so this is just how it is.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Make sure to get Sheila's full name and title, and put a complaint letter in writing into Kroger's management. (even though you have already called them). Sheila needs some RETRAINING.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

And this kind of mentality is why many in this country have a gun phobia. Out of sight, out of mind.

More folks need to OC. If we are to ban OC because seeing a gun makes people nervous, what is next? Banning spider T-shirts because some folks have arachnophobia? Banning religious music in schools because....oh wait...we are already doing that......

Someone else's irrational fear of a gun is NOT my problem. Nor SHOULD it be.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Dear Kroger,

In the times we now live in, I've felt the need to write and request that you change your corporate policy on firearms in your stores. Having lived in many States that do not allow the general public to carry firearms, most recently Illinois, I find your blanket compliance to State Laws somewhat disturbing.

Yesterday, I had planned on 'doing some business' in one of your stores in Bloomington, In. Having been there several times over the previous two days, and having seen the unarmed security guard, I felt very safe in choosing this location to conduct my transaction.

Imagine my shock and surprise when, on the eve of my closing this deal, I walk in and see some Clint Eastwood wanna be Carrying a Firearm in the open for everyone to see!!!! Needless to say, I suddenly began to feel that my personal safety would have been in jeopardy, should I continue with my planned action.

In short, I am requesting that you immediately post "No Firearms" signs at all your locations (such as is done in other states) or I will be forced to take my business to a more safe location and will advise all other persons in my line of work to do so as well.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

Frustrated Criminal

Brilliance, sheer brilliance!!!!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Maybe when we are ushered out because of our choice to protect
    ourselves and possibly the people around us. We should come up
    with this release form for them to sign before we return inside to
    shop with them....

Acceptable Protection Clause

We being (Insert company name here),

Out of respecting our rights as business owners
    to have a gun free zone, for you the public who
    shop here, we want to promote an atmosphere
    of harmony and peace of mind.

In doing that, we as a company agree that we
    will personally be responsible for the safety
    and protection of (INSERT YOUR NAME HERE)
    well being while you shop with us here at
    (Insert Company name here) and that you will
    be fully insured for health and any loss of life,
    payable to your family if anything should happen.

We know that by doing this there will no longer
    be a fear for our shoppers to shop here when
    you leave your legal to carry firearm in your
    vehicle.

(Insert company name here)
    (Insert manager name here)

:cool:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm fairly certain that RN (the OP) was asked to leave not just because of the gun, but because he looks like a hooligan. Anyone who has seen him can attest to that, sheesh!

BTW, was RN wearing a hoodie when this happened?

(Purple broken--deal with it.) :D

Top Bottom