• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    What? You can't respond directly to me? This has all the makings of some sort of kangaroo court. Are you guys all in a gang? :): (lower members of the gang: please go look up "kangaroo court" so you are not left out of this conversation. Thank you.) You might even get a rep from one of your gang-mates for doing so......heh heh.

I would have to say your stellar example is a bit biased. She's your mother for crying out loud. There's murderers sitting on death row right now that have the full support of their mothers even after having abused their gun rights. You get no reps from me for this point.

No, that's not how I expressed my examples at all. OC'ers are no different from the Redcoats, who didn't use the most brilliant strategy. I said nothing about how OC'ers use their weapons. Perhaps your limited perspective only allowed you to see what I was saying in a firefight scenario or something. My point with the comparison is that OC'ers are like Redcoats. They have no tactical superiority compared to CC'ers, i.e. the Green Beret.

You're example of CC'ers above is as about as warped as well. In both examples you cite people shooting other people. What about the use of firearms as a *DETERRENT*? If firearms are used correctly, no shots are fired and bad guys go to jail. All you've done with your example is proven what many CC'ers say about OC'ers: A cowboy with a gun that can't wait to shoot somebody. Anybody...doesn't matter who gets shot as long as you get to shoot somebody. You get no reps from me for this really crooked argument either.

I couldn't agree more. That's why most career criminals CC and scope out the environment. When they have the advantage, they're yank their firearm and likely eliminate the cowboy OC'er when he least expects it. Are you scanning every individual in your periphery while out in public? Are you doing this while checking prices too or otherwise focusing your attention on inanimate objects? Scary! What about the unarmed felon that is feigning shopping or whatever activity is relative to your environment, whom is quite intent on taking your gun while you're checking the prices on panty hose? Heh heh. OC'ers are a walking target of various sorts whether they want to admit it or not. Even if only theoretically at this time.

When times get harder, and they will, you guys will find yourselves in more altercations than you can shake a stick at. All your empirical knowledge is based on 'current' data and times. When the paradigm shifts into higher gear in the near future, you will not only be a target for anybody needing a gun, but also for the government and it's elements. The constitution is still somewhat relevant for the moment but not for much longer. THEN we will see where all the OC'ers are. It's sad and not at all surprising that OC'ers don't have the foresight to see this.

At any rate, your point above doesn't make me feel any safer. No reps from me for this example either.

Thanks but no thanks. You guys gang up on anybody that oppose your OC view. I simply pointed out why CC'ing was best for me and explained from my perspective why OC'ing was not. True, false, riddled with fallacies or otherwise it's the perspective I live with. And for this you guys always say the same thing: He's attacking OC'ing. Why would I want to read anything provided by a bunch of guys incapable of intelligent mature dialoge? (not all but many)

You guys are are as giddy as a bunch of school girls and passing 'rep' around like venereal disease, on the verge of having a virtual orgy here. My arguments have been twisted out of context, words put into my mouth, and you yourself elicit images people shooting each other that I in no way inferred. I never said anything about people in modern times shooting each other in gunfights. That's your latent desires being manifested. That particular conversation was about the tactical advantages/disadvantages between OC vs. CC again *FROM MY PERSPECTIVE*. With you and friends exhibiting juvenile behavior, please explain to me why I would want to read more of the same?

I HAVE done reading and research. This has led me to my decision and I'm quite comfortable with my decision to CC. Look at some of the remarks by your OC buddies in this thread. Not exactly exemplifying the soberness of mind and maturity one would hope an OC'er should possess. I'll go ahead and cut this short by also not handing out any reps to you at this point.

A wonderful example of taking out of context and twisting what I said to fit your point at the moment. My point about placating idiots and such was made within the context of OC'ers being "small in numbers". Sure you're educating one person at a time and may be doing an excellent job at it, but that's just you. What about the other 10, 20 100 yahoo's out there that get out in all their chivalrous OC glory and behaving like an AMWAG? (angry man with a gun) No reps from me.

Anybody else want to twist out of context my arguments, cite me for saying something I didn't, edit my writing and add one-liner pot shots to rather than working their brain cells hard enough to form their own coherent paragraphs? Have at it. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change your....um....perspectives.....heh heh.

Your name wouldnt happen to be gecko45 would it?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    That's why most career criminals CC and scope out the environment. When they have the advantage, they're yank their firearm and likely eliminate the cowboy OC'er when he least expects it.
    You know this doesn't happen in real life, right. I don't know of a single time. Never read about. It's a newbie fantasy argument about OC that has been shot down so many times it looks like swiss cheese. :laugh:

You guys are are as giddy as a bunch of school girls and passing 'rep' around like venereal disease, on the verge of having a virtual orgy here.
    Seems you have a mild case of VD on your own there :p

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK here goes:
    2. I feel no need to educate the public concerning my or their right to carry firearms openly. I feel that their is more harm than good done by those who wish to OC but are lacking in the tact and civility when it comes to conflict resolution and encountering public opposition to OC'ing. More good could be achieved by veteran OC'ers training those who want to OC. OC'ers are always talking about "educating". Why not start with other OC'ers?

You want to further your cause? Take a OC noob out with you and show them how to politely handle the public and any confrontation encountered with OC'ing. Far too many OC'ers put the gun in their holster and a chip on their shoulder before they even walk out of their home. Some even have that chip super-glued to their shoulder and sleep in it and everything. (heh heh) Some OC'ers are indeed "attention whores" as you put it. Some are not. Some do a fine job of demonstrating mature OC'ing. This is not, nor has it ever been about them.

That should do for now.

Ok, let's take this one step further since you feel it's not your need to educate the public further....

Indiana is no longer a carry as you wish state, our laws have been re-written and LTCH specifically states open carry only, it IS your only option.

Now how do you feel about educating the public?

The thought above is no different than it is today, the general public who does not care or want to have a firearm still needs to be educated, just like a teenager with a drivers permit, they have to be educated on what they can and can not do in a vehicle.

To me one of a firearm owners responsibilities is to inform and educate, we must let the unknowing know what is legal and what is not or we will continue to remain on this vicious merry go round cycle that will be never ending.

Now as far as what you say taking a "noob out with you and show them how to politely handle the public and any confrontation encountered"

Fantasy world, great, reality, don't work so good. Every different person will handle a situation differently, it has been proven on a daily basis with law enforcement and our general public. Some are great and good to go, others just want to be that way.

I open and conceal depending on what I'm wearing, going or feel, after all the state of Indiana let's me choose on how I see fit at that time.

I will, when the occasion arises, educated the uninformed so perhaps the next person they come across won't be a problem, hopefully it'll be YOU they run into and when they notice the barrel of your firearm sneaking out from the bottom of your shirt they won't feel the need to go all :runaway:freako.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK why you guys are giving in to getting your chains yanked. It's only obvious by the way certain posts are crafted that they are being done to illicit a response. I'm sure you are all aware of how that game is played.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    ......I will, when the occasion arises, educated the uninformed so perhaps the next person they come across won't be a problem, hopefully it'll be YOU they run into and when they notice the barrel of your firearm sneaking out from the bottom of your shirt they won't feel the need to go all :runaway:freako.

Kinda' difficult for my "firearm sneaking out from the bottom of your shirt". I wear an IWB (Crossbreed Supertuck). Sometimes I wear an untucked shirt. Sometimes not. Sometimes people notice. Sometimes not. I've yet to see "Freako". Maybe they crossed your path first? Heh heh.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    IDK why you guys are giving in to getting your chains yanked. It's only obvious by the way certain posts are crafted that they are being done to illicit a response. I'm sure you are all aware of how that game is played.

Well, honestly, it's not so much to elicit a certain response as it is just playful banter. I'm maintaining my point. Not exactly being a troll. Most of the time anyway...heh heh.

If I wanted to drop down to the level of some of your cohorts then I would say something about this:

illicit |i(l)ˈlisit|
    adjective
    forbidden by law, rules, or custom : illicit drugs | illicit sex. :rockwoot:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

This is why I don't feed the trolls, maybe he'll go away if everybody stops feeding him

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    You know this doesn't happen in real life, right. I don't know of a single time. Never read about. It's a newbie fantasy argument about OC that has been shot down so many times it looks like swiss cheese. :laugh:

Seems you have a mild case of VD on your own there :p

Can you cite a sinigle account where this did NOT happen? Can you prove a time where someone was OC'ing and there was a criminal present - and they did NOT get the gun taken?

There was an account posted in another thread - of course I cannot find and the OC'ers blew it off as an isolated incident that may not have really happened. I really do not care enough one way or the other to look any further than I have.

However, if this were to have truly happened, here is a good example of what everyone states never happens - an attck on a CC'er. This is definitely deragatory in regards to a CC'er. But then again - it never happened and you were not here:shady:

Not saying your are right or wrong with what you wrote, just saying...

Top Bottom