• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bin Laden wasn't a citizen of Afghanistan and he wasn't found in that country either. A raid into Afghan territory for a terrorist they may be harboring, I don't believe, is on par with Germany invading Poland. Call me crazy.

A matter of scale then.
    What's the dividing line?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seriously? I really feel like you're just here trolling. No one listens to NPR.

No, he's not trolling, sadly.
    Yes, there really are people out there who are just that much of a special kind of stupid.
    I listen to NPR sometimes. And then when I think my eyes are about to roll out of my head, I switch to XM and listen to something else. How do we know "our side" is telling us the truth if we don't listen to both sides?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    There is a liberal station in Chicago. I can't take more than ten minutes of it. Usually tune in when sitting in the car while wife shops. I thought Hannity and Rush were more commentators than reporters.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Seriously? I really feel like you're just here trolling. No one listens to NPR.

Anyone here actually listen to it? Radio lab, planet money, invisibilia are really good programs, tell me where the best place to get original, informative programming and I'll gladly listen. I thoroughly enjoy learning and conservative talk radio doesn't give any of that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I listen to NPR sometimes. And then when I think my eyes are about to roll out of my head, I switch to XM and listen to something else. How do we know "our side" is telling us the truth if we don't listen to both sides?

I don't have xm but just curious what you like on there. FM just has fox and EIB.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't have xm but just curious what you like on there. FM just has fox and EIB.
    Some of my favorite xm channels: Real Jazz, classic vinyl, Deep Tracks, BB's Bluesville. For talk radio I mostly listen to POTUS (politics of the United States). They try to be middle of the road. XM also has feeds for the major cable news. Around Louisville I don't care for FM much. NPR, country, pop, rap.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With this internet thingy, there's all sorts of things one can download, stream, and/or record and listen to at your leisure. (Even with my sad excuse of an Internet connection). Why be held hostage by programming schedules and commercials?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    With this internet thingy, there's all sorts of things one can download, stream, and/or record and listen to at your leisure. (Even with my sad excuse of an Internet connection). Why be held hostage by programming schedules and commercials?

What do you listen to? I do the npr podcasts, dan carlin podcasts, vice news. I'm always happy to find something new out there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What do you listen to? I do the npr podcasts, dan carlin podcasts, vice news. I'm always happy to find something new out there.

Depends on my mood and what's going on in the things I'm interested in. Things like Guy's show, a local radio show from my home town in Tennessee, various UT sports radio shows, various gun related pod casts, and the obligatory Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh shows. In the winter, when I can't get out and do as much, I usually only listen to portions of most of what I download but in the summer, it's great to have stuff to listen to while mowing and doing various projects.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Do you have any idea at all of how deep in the poop we would have to be before we started up a draft again? It would be deep. WW3 type of deep, in which case, yes, sign em up and ship em out. We should already be like Israel and a few other countries and have mandatory 2 years service. I don't care if all they do is paint rocks and pick up litter after basic and AIT. We wouldn't have half the idiots running around that we have now.

did you say idiots...or was that liberals....they sound so similar.... I totally agree!!! Look at Switzerland, have went thru 2 world wars right next to them, and no one invaded or bombed them!!! Mandatory military service and you get a semi-automatic rifle carbine to keep for the rest of your life. You also get to go to the range years after mandatory service, and shoot on the government's nickel.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Depends on my mood and what's going on in the things I'm interested in. Things like Guy's show, a local radio show from my home town in Tennessee, various UT sports radio shows, various gun related pod casts, and the obligatory Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh shows. In the winter, when I can't get out and do as much, I usually only listen to portions of most of what I download but in the summer, it's great to have stuff to listen to while mowing and doing various projects.

I used to download Roger Hedgecock's podcasts until he retired from his three hour programs last year. I really miss his program. I listen to a lot of conservative talk shows, but I haven't found anyone yet that compares to Hedgecock.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if this has been brought up or not... but if someone has been following this thread closely, unlike me, what's the INGO-sensus?

Is it an equality issue, wherein women should register for the draft?
    Is it a chivalry issue, wherein men say women should not have to register for the draft?

I guess the larger question is: Who is wanting women to register for the draft? Men, or women? Or certain women?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Different reasons for different people.

I don't think women should be in certain military positions, such as combat arms, submarines, etc.
    But, if they are determined to "integrate" women regardless of consequences, because they are "equal to men" or "the same as men", then it follows that they should be drafted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If women think equality means they get to go off to war with men, then they should own the full process.

Top Bottom