• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I live about 20 miles from the new homeland security headquarters at Jennings county right off of hwy 50 if you get in that area check it out sometime for a real eyeopener.

Have you seen the new FBI facility in Castleton between the Costco and that huge Presbyterian Church on 91st st. Impressive and uninviting place. In Castleton????????? WHY? :dunno:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My Father hosts a radio program on a Brainerd, MN radio station twice a month. It centers around veterans issues as he is the commander of the VFW for that region. I sent him the link to this article. His next program is this Friday.

Any chance there would be call letters or a link to listen to it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Have you seen the new FBI facility in Castleton between the Costco and that huge Presbyterian Church on 91st st. Impressive and uninviting place. In Castleton????????? WHY? :dunno:

That's so they can all go shopping on their lunch breaks!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Any chance there would be call letters or a link to listen to it?
    I've never listened to it, but the station is KKIN 94.3FM. I was mistaken about when it airs, the program is the second Friday of each month from 9-10am (that's MN time so 10-11 our time), so 1 week from tomorrow. I had to call and ask and I really don't like talking to him, you owe me one!

After looking at the stations page, it appears pops exaggerated his role a bit also. He perhaps fields some calls and such but the actual "host" appears to be a guy named Dan Krogh. Lack of integrity is among many of the reasons I don't like talking to the old man much.....sorry, didn't mean to air my dirty laundry here but sometimes he makes me look like a jerk with his shenanigans and misrepresentations. On the positive side though I take his example and make full use of it knowing to be the exact opposite in most cases. A lesson I learned all too late in life.

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I've never listened to it, but the station is KKIN 94.3FM. I was mistaken about when it airs, the program is the second Friday of each month from 9-10am (that's MN time so 10-11 our time), so 1 week from tomorrow. I had to call and ask and I really don't like talking to him, you owe me one!

LOL!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's the pre-school that NATO and every civilian contracting company prefers...

Ain't that the truth? More and more every week.

I wonder if that guy has ever been to Camp Ripley. Somehow, I was not too impressed with their "mobilization hutments": unheated galvanized steel sheds, about 12'x12', which were supposed to sleep 4 troops. One latrine for each company area. One mess hall for each battalion. Hell of a facility!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Ain't that the truth? More and more every week.

I wonder if that guy has ever been to Camp Ripley. Somehow, I was not too impressed with their "mobilization hutments": unheated galvanized steel sheds, about 12'x12', which were supposed to sleep 4 troops. One latrine for each company area. One mess hall for each battalion. Hell of a facility!
    Yeah, I guess soft mattresses, fresh laundry, and every comfort of a luxury hotel are what makes warriors....and we wonder why wars cost so much....each soldier thinks he/she is entitled to his/her own personal valet. No, I never trained there but my father did and I spent a great deal of my childhood living next to the base, pops taught winter survival and cross country ski there after he returned from Vietnam.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Yeah, I guess soft mattresses, fresh laundry, and every comfort of a luxury hotel are what makes warriors....and we wonder why wars cost so much....each soldier thinks he/she is entitled to his/her own personal valet. No, I never trained there but my father did and I spent a great deal of my childhood living next to the base, pops taught winter survival and cross country ski there after he returned from Vietnam.

No one is entitled to anything. I'd rather have my guys well rested and ready for training after sleeping in heat/ac on mattresses than in some tin box. Keeps morale high, and allows me to train my guys harder during training. Fortunately Atterbury has those amenities, and that's why it gets the big federal and private money.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The guys from the Guard Armory in Gary always drive around in Miller when there's a snow storm. I dunno if they're helping people out or just dicking around.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    No one is entitled to anything. I'd rather have my guys well rested and ready for training after sleeping in heat/ac on mattresses than in some tin box. Keeps morale high, and allows me to train my guys harder during training. Fortunately Atterbury has those amenities, and that's why it gets the big federal and private money.
    And as a result, what happens when things get "hot" and they begin to feel pressure? With no experience in hardship, men begin to crumble quickly. You can endure rough conditions and still keep moral high, it just takes more practice and work. BTW, the primary reason Attebury gets the big money is because it is an internment camp. Anyone that thinks it isn't, doesn't know much about its history.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And as a result, what happens when things get "hot" and they begin to feel pressure? With no experience in hardship, men begin to crumble quickly. You can endure rough conditions and still keep moral high, it just takes more practice and work. BTW, the primary reason Attebury gets the big money is because it is an internment camp. Anyone that thinks it isn't, doesn't know much about its history.

You mean right down to and including that chapel built by Italian POWs which has been preserved?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    BTW, the primary reason Attebury gets the big money is because it is an internment camp. Anyone that thinks it isn't, doesn't know much about its history.

You've got a strange take on history and current events there, my friend. Italian and, later, German POWs were held at Camp Atterbury during and, for a brief period, after World War II. There was also a short period of time during the "amnesty" program when chicken-s...s returning from Canada were held there (although they were not exactly "prisoners"). There is currently an IDOC work-release center on post. If you are one of these guys who think that the place is still some sort of hush-hush super-secret detention facility for political prisoners, or whatever, you need to readjust your tinfoil hat.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Don't forget about all the Japanese American citizens we held there....I wonder what the old incinerators were used for back in the day.....oh thats right they have never existed....except for the two known photos and the replacement "furnaces" that don't exist either....sort of like the RR tracks that were never there....except for all the pictures of them...don't fall victim to the revisionist history you've been taught, use google.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hope and pray that those in the military that are being taught and conditioned to use force on American civilians, will refuse these orders and join with the people, we are not the enemy, we are not domestic terrorists, we are simply people who are refusing to let foreign interest rule our once great nation and enforce a system on us that enslaves the people. We are letting these criminals ruin us and what our founding fathers fought, bled and died for. Those that hold great power over the strings that operate our country are perverted and a disgrace. They are illegitimate and should be treated as such.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Don't forget about all the Japanese American citizens we held there....I wonder what the old incinerators were used for back in the day.....oh thats right they have never existed....except for the two known photos and the replacement "furnaces" that don't exist either....sort of like the RR tracks that were never there....except for all the pictures of them...don't fall victim to the revisionist history you've been taught, use google.

I don't know where you're getting your information, friend, but you are very seriously off track. I've been at Camp Atterbury, in one status or another, since 1972 (which, I see, is the year you were born), and probably have (or had, prior to the 2008 flood) one of the largest collections of Atterbury history in private hands, so don't try to "educate" me on the history of the place. I can assure you that I don't have to rely on Google.

If there were ever any Japanese-Americans interned at Camp Atterbury they must have kept them under awfully deep cover, because no one ever saw any of them. There were, indeed, railroad tracks coming onto post, but that was because virtually all personnel, ordnance and supplies were transported by rail in the World War II era. As to furnaces, yes - there were many "furnaces". There were also incinerators on post for trash disposal, and Wakeman General Hospital had a huge steam plant.

I believe you're suffering from a very serious cranial/rectal inversion.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom