• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Way back when I was in , actually it was Gulf round one .

Anyway , my unit leased a building in Park Fletcher . We didn't march , train , hump or whatever around the immediate vicinity .

Later at Tyndall we didn't march around although , one time we did have a PT test on the Legion mall grounds .

What's the deal , Minnesota doesn't have an Atterbury equivalent ?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Way back when I was in , actually it was Gulf round one .

Anyway , my unit leased a building in Park Fletcher . We didn't march , train , hump or whatever around the immediate vicinity .

Later at Tyndall we didn't march around although , one time we did have a PT test on the Legion mall grounds .

What's the deal , Minnesota doesn't have an Atterbury equivalent ?
    More like they might not have a Maintenance Budget, or a Transportation Budget, or a Fuel Budget...

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    They are called the National Guard and not the International Guard, even though that's how they've been used a lot lately.

I hope none of you *****ing about our home town military ever get hit with a tornado or flood.... heaven forbid they come out and help or assist you or your family...

flooding_marinesindiana.jpg

115728_q75.jpg

floods.jpg

original.jpg

i dont think anyone is ragging on the hometown military? or did i miss a post?

jake

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Question for everyone here that is against seeing the National Guard Training in the Neighborhood, where would you like to see the National Guard Train at?! also a Second part how much are you willing to pay for them to train elsewhere?!

I am on board with this. One addendum, NG cannot be deployed outside of the US. You know, guard the nation.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    yeah, you didn't see those several years ago when they came out?

Been a little re-training and some laws updated in several States over that.

I remember that there where guns confiscated from people being rescued but I don't remember seeing Military entering homes guns drawn and confiscating firearms in the manner that the video showed. I guess I either don't have that good of a memory or I was that naive.

I know ther are several states that it was illegal to he in possession of a firearm in a state of emergency, but I do believe that some (including IN) changed that law.

I was never in the service but don't soldiers have to take an oath that says something about upholding the constitution? In this video they are clearly violating the 2A and appears they are violating 4A as well.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Question for current/past military members on INGO. If you received orders that contradicted the Constitution (which you swore to uphold), would you follow the orders, or respectfully refuse? I have to think that most US troops at least would recognize what was happening, but you never know I guess (yes, Germany went down that road, but they didn't have our Constitutional rights either).

Have you ever READ Germany's pre-war constitution? It was about as adequate as ours, as far as recognizing citizens' rights. The NAZIs just ignored it, and passed laws which negated it.

When a government is in charge of determining which restrictions it will abide by, and which it will over rule, the outcome is predictable.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Sorry, I know Im jumping in kind of late on this discussion and I didnt read through all of this, but when I was stationed in Norfolk, VA we did humps all the time through town. We had no where else to go unless we wanted to drive to another base. My base was really small so we had no choice but to hump on the streets. We got a few weird looks from people considering we all had our packs and weapons, but its very likely that this was only hiking practice.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Maybe they're just gearing up for the OWS crowds. Never know when they might decide to OYH (occupy your home) when they're done in the city.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Man, can't believe I missed this thread.

If anyone here is from Hartford City then this is a pretty common picture, except we have rucks as well. As an Infantry unit we're expected to do, at minimum, five miles of road marching per drill. It's training, to keep Soldiers in shape.

To all those clamoring about military budget cuts or budget cuts in general, this is what has resulted. We only have three drills this year that are not "home station", or at the armory, so guess what? We have to train at the armory. We're very lucky that 3M allows us to use the old Civil War re-enactment grounds to train on, but we still get to march there and back through town...with weapons.

No they are not loaded, no they are not out to get you. Go out there and thank them for their service.

EDIT: Before I catch flak about the budget cut comment. I don't mean to say they are bad, I'm just saying this is a result of them. It's not bad, we can and do adapt to keep training.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I remember that there where guns confiscated from people being rescued but I don't remember seeing Military entering homes guns drawn and confiscating firearms in the manner that the video showed. I guess I either don't have that good of a memory or I was that naive.

I know ther are several states that it was illegal to he in possession of a firearm in a state of emergency, but I do believe that some (including IN) changed that law.

I was never in the service but don't soldiers have to take an oath that says something about upholding the constitution? In this video they are clearly violating the 2A and appears they are violating 4A as well.
    Most of what you seen in the Video are LEO of New Orleans and Louisiana.
    National Guardsmen did do some as well but did so under the Control of the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor of Louisiana in accordance with the Laws of Louisiana...

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Just my :twocents: but any time we did any training like this when I was in. Including moving through civilian areas, we had empty mags. Only one person was usually armed with ammo. And that was for a sidearm. They could have been doing nothing more thana tactical roadmarch. Some people really get panicked about nothing. It could have been nothing!
    I'm not saying it was or wasn't. Just the story is pretty vague and jumps to alot of conclusions.

P.s. no we wont hear the missiles coming...

Top Bottom