• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Keep in mind this was a national-scale disaster (equivalent to the Northridge Earthquake in California in 1989) and the GOVERNOR had declared martial law. This was STATE government exceeding its authority, not the feds. Now that may not make a difference to you, but think of the difference between what the folks in New Orleans would allow - as indicated by the kind of mayor and governor they elected - versus what the citizens of Indiana would allow based on the people we tend to elect.

how many terms has luger been in? :D

jake

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This incident may be absolutely nothing other than training, but many here seem to think that "this will never happen". Maybe they should all watch this video to be reminded it already has. Keep in mind this was National Guard and LEO's.
    What I find interesting is that the National Guard and LEOs were acting Legally, according to the Laws of Louisiana and New Orleans as directed by the Governor Of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans and the Elected Representatives of Louisiana...

Was it right?!
    Not by the Laws of Indiana... ;)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    These exercises are designed to help train the military in MOUT or Military Operations in Urban Terrain. While training areas are getting better and better, nothing can replace an actually city. Walking down streets in these cities allows these soldiers to get an idea of what it would be like patrolling overseas. I have taken part in these and they do work, getting junior enlisted an idea of patrolling in built up areas. So whatever other motives are out there, they do help train units and if that helps them overseas, then so be it.

OMG you america hater! You just want to lie down and let the JBT's walk all over us?

^-- needs purple if you couldn't figure it out.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Looks like most of the INGO population has already grown accustomed to seeing troops patrolling the streets.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i'm not as wise as you folks but, here is my silly opinion. the army guys in the pictures were prolly just training, homeland security prolly needs 450 million rounds of JHP, the black helicopters flying all over the country doing "training" is prolly nothing, the tsa's continual increase in power is prolly nothing, the constant attack on liberty and free speech is prolly nothing, the shunning of the constitution is prolly nothing, those occupiers who are raping, rioting, and destroying everything in sight are prolly all great guys with great ideas............. but i just cant shake the feeling were getting set up for something........ i know stupid right

jake

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Jake, of course that's stupid. The government would never do that to us. We are Americans. We're inherently better than every other civilization that's fallen before us because come on man... it's 2012, everyone loves the companies we have created, we invented American Idol, our flag is really purdy, and we speak English.

Just hush up, drink more water, watch more T.V., buy more stuff, and get blitzed on prescription meds. You'll be fine. All your problems will melt away.

We'll take it from here.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jake

Here is my silly question being posed again. As this town in the pics have a Guard Unit there.

Where do propose this Guard unit train at if not in their local area?!
    And if not in their local area how are you going to fund their training?!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Jake

Here is my silly question being posed again. As this town in the pics have a Guard Unit there.

Where do propose this Guard unit train at if not in their local area?!
    And if not in their local area how are you going to fund their training?!

jeremy i apologize that even tho i was trying to make light of the situation i wasnt clear. that the picture doesnt worry me, if they are a guard unit, God bless them and i would be the first one to stop traffic while they go on through, i support them and understand they train in the community and thank God they do since they do a great service to and for the community during emergencies and other more mundane/positive things.

what i was meaning and failed to convey is when you put so many different things together it paints an ugly picture. that training picture maybe be nothing, but we dont know what they were training for, and when coupled with all the other stuff i listed its uncomfortable is all. for me its accumulative!

please take what i've written here and go back and reread what i wrote before and i pray that it makes more sense...... if not please disregard and have a good day

jake

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    jeremy i apologize that even tho i was trying to make light of the situation i wasnt clear. that the picture doesnt worry me, if they are a guard unit, God bless them and i would be the first one to stop traffic while they go on through, i support them and understand they train in the community and thank God they do since they do a great service to and for the community during emergencies and other more mundane/positive things.

what i was meaning and failed to convey is when you put so many different things together it paints an ugly picture. that training picture maybe be nothing, but we dont know what they were training for, and when coupled with all the other stuff i listed its uncomfortable is all. for me its accumulative!

please take what i've written here and go back and reread what i wrote before and i pray that it makes more sense...... if not please disregard and have a good day

jake
    Jake I would be willing to bet it is nothing more than a Guard unit walking around staying in shape with their gear. If they are E-5 and below they are not allowed to take their Gear home. Kinda hard to train with 45 extra pounds of gear when you are not allowed (read trusted) to have it at home to train with.

:twocents:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Jake I would be willing to bet it is nothing more than a Guard unit walking around staying in shape with their gear. If they are E-5 and below they are not allowed to take their Gear home. Kinda hard to train with 45 extra pounds of gear when you are not allowed (read trusted) to have it at home to train with.

:twocents:

your prolly right!

jake

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They are called the National Guard and not the International Guard, even though that's how they've been used a lot lately.

I hope none of you *****ing about our home town military ever get hit with a tornado or flood.... heaven forbid they come out and help or assist you or your family...

flooding_marinesindiana.jpg

115728_q75.jpg

floods.jpg

original.jpg

alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpha0486
    These exercises are designed to help train the military in MOUT or Military Operations in Urban Terrain. While training areas are getting better and better, nothing can replace an actually city. Walking down streets in these cities allows these soldiers to get an idea of what it would be like patrolling overseas. I have taken part in these and they do work, getting junior enlisted an idea of patrolling in built up areas. So whatever other motives are out there, they do help train units and if that helps them overseas, then so be it.

OMG you america hater! You just want to lie down and let the JBT's walk all over us?

^-- needs purple if you couldn't figure it out.

I do not see how I am an America hater. If you could, please explain that to me. I was just explaining how training like that helps to save lives overseas.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    I do not see how I am an America hater. If you could, please explain that to me. I was just explaining how training like that helps to save lives overseas.

Hey alpha, the "purple" he was referring to- purple text means sarcasm on this forum. Just so you know. :)

There's some damn fine reading in the INGO FAQ which you can find here- https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/faq.php

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But also understand that some of us old people refuse to write in purple. If someone can't figure out I am using sarcasm, I usually get a few moments of amusement.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ahh, my apologizes. Did not no there was a color code. Thanks for the heads up.
    Make sure you check out the FAQ's there is really a LOT of good info in it.

After you check it out make sure you click in the Shop INGO Button as well there is some cool stuff in there too...

Top Bottom