"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I read a summary of what was going on with her... how she actually exhibited some very base animal behaviors with fear (the quick shrieking, and unstoppable shaking). She actually showed up in the Reddit thread that the video was posted with and talked about the whole experience. Was interesting.

I expect a VR-related heart-attack/death in the next couple years.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I read a summary of what was going on with her... how she actually exhibited some very base animal behaviors with fear (the quick shrieking, and unstoppable shaking). She actually showed up in the Reddit thread that the video was posted with and talked about the whole experience. Was interesting.

I expect a VR-related heart-attack/death in the next couple years.

i expect support groups for VR addicts.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If they do their job and report the news evenly, I don't care what party they're from.

Too bad that doesn't happen.

Exactly - when was the last time you saw / heard or witnessed a unbiased news reporter? Substitute news media for newspaper.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're miss-informed.” Mark Twain

News reporting in America is a sham, might as well be living in a communist country where they are open about controlling the news.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Exactly - when was the last time you saw / heard or witnessed a unbiased news reporter? Substitute news media for newspaper.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're miss-informed.” Mark Twain

News reporting in America is a sham, might as well be living in a communist country where they are open about controlling the news.

I have often thought all of the major networks and news outlets should merge and call the new entity PRAVDA.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III
    A Revision on the Bill of Rights, Part III

Quite possibly, the worst anti-gun argument I've ever heard. And that says a lot.

"The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial. Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights."

I read that, and am stupider for it. 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

And a rebuttal.
    Blogger Who Says It?s ?Illegal? to Defend Yourself with a Gun Gets a Rude Awakening from Commenters
    [h=1]Blogger Who Says It’s ‘Illegal’ to Defend Yourself with a Gun Gets a Rude Awakening from Commenters[/h]By Virginia Kruta

His assessment using the “five aims” questions also stops too early, failing to address question 5 in terms of the victim. A victim who responds to a threat against his life with deadly force is certainly ensuring the blessings of liberty and prosperity, as neither are relevant once he’s dead.
    [h=3]Several commenters pointed out the obvious:[/h]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And a rebuttal.
    Blogger Who Says It?s ?Illegal? to Defend Yourself with a Gun Gets a Rude Awakening from Commenters
    Blogger Who Says It’s ‘Illegal’ to Defend Yourself with a Gun Gets a Rude Awakening from Commenters

By Virginia Kruta

His assessment using the “five aims” questions also stops too early, failing to address question 5 in terms of the victim. A victim who responds to a threat against his life with deadly force is certainly ensuring the blessings of liberty and prosperity, as neither are relevant once he’s dead.
    Several commenters pointed out the obvious:

This is sigline worthy.

“Expecting a car-jacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.”

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is sigline worthy.

“Expecting a car-jacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.”

Yes.
    But I'm all out of sig room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom