"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

KangarooCourt_8592.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nine year old running her own newspaper. It's a good story. I went to her website and read some of her stories, noting her use of language and grammar. Her vocabulary is better than most kids at 9, but believable. And honestly I've read articles from big news that were not much better in terms of grammar. But reading the rebuttal to the complainers, yeah, she didn't write that. Someone helped her or cleaned it up for her.

Also, it's not that she scooped everyone so much. The cops asked the press not to report on it yet. She did it anyway. Still all the people making rude comments about her need some nut kicking.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Nine year old running her own newspaper. It's a good story. I went to her website and read some of her stories, noting her use of language and grammar. Her vocabulary is better than most kids at 9, but believable. And honestly I've read articles from big news that were not much better in terms of grammar. But reading the rebuttal to the complainers, yeah, she didn't write that. Someone helped her or cleaned it up for her.

Also, it's not that she scooped everyone so much. The cops asked the press not to report on it yet. She did it anyway. Still all the people making rude comments about her need some nut kicking.

The mainstream media sucks. Frankly, so does most ‘alternative’ media.

Yeah, I checked out her site and it's actually pretty good -- 9 year old or not. Hopefully, she stays on that track and not resorting to the verbiage of the site that reported her story. I agree with his sentiment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I checked out her site and it's actually pretty good -- 9 year old or not. Hopefully, she stays on that track and not resorting to the verbiage of the site that reported her story. I agree with his sentiment.

I'd like her to regard personal bias a bit less. Saying that she scooped everyone else, and then implying that they weren't doing their jobs as well as her, is just spin when you find out that the cops asked the media not to report on it initially. The media complied. She didn't. It's a choice some news outlets make, whether or not to comply with such requests. And it's fair game for her to report on it anyway. But it's not a scoop.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    “She spoke as a child, understood as a child and thought as a child,” he said, according to the BBC. “So when others look for answers to the question as to why this happened, what they should bear in mind, whatever was said and done, it was done by 13-year-old girl.”

At 13 I most certainly knew beating people over the heads with a television was not something you do. There is the system once again attempting to make excuses. Trying to make a victim of the criminal.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Racially charged joke by Hillary Clinton and Bill de Blasio leave some cringing.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ton-bill-de-blasio/?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

The cliff notes version: Hillary and de Blasio (NYC mayor & former Clinton senate aide) were at a fundraiser with several predominant black New Yorkers. Clinton joked that de Blasio initially waited a while before endorsing her for president.

The mayor's response was that it took so long because he's on C.P. (colored people) time.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Racially charged joke by Hillary Clinton and Bill de Blasio leave some cringing.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ton-bill-de-blasio/?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

The cliff notes version: Hillary and de Blasio (NYC mayor & former Clinton senate aide) were at a fundraiser with several predominant black New Yorkers. Clinton joked that de Blasio initially waited a while before endorsing her for president.

The mayor's response was that it took so long because he's on C.P. (colored people) time.
    There is nowhere that joke is okay :ugh:.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Now imagine the reaction if a Republican candidate said that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom