"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I mean I get that the person who built the suicides vests was technically an arms manufacturer, but I don't see how S&W/Colt/FN/Sig/Glock/H&K/etc. have anything to do with what happened in Brussels.

Of course there is no mention that these evil "arms manufacturers" also made the firearms that the police and military then deployed to protect the people...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    For the love of all that is Holy! Why does the lack of common sense rule the world? Even the pope, Never blame the evil, those that commit the evil it is always something else, blame the tools not those that wield the tools in acts of murder. Do these idiots dare to think that if the tools were not there the violence would stop? Evil men would stop being evil? I am so sick of these people, even the pope aiding and abetting the evil.
    In keeping with the spirit of the season, and the Holy Father's reasoning;
    - it was not man that killed the Son of God. Clearly it was the crucifix
    - the spear stabbed the Son of God, not the Roman wielding it

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean I get that the person who built the suicides vests was technically an arms manufacturer, but I don't see how S&W/Colt/FN/Sig/Glock/H&K/etc. have anything to do with what happened in Brussels.

Of course there is no mention that these evil "arms manufacturers" also made the firearms that the police and military then deployed to protect the people...
    They don't have anything to do with it. So why would the pope lie? Why are the other gun control nuts lie about the same kinds of things.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

This happened to us when I took my daughter to a frog hunt in Chesterton several years ago when she was about 4. Also had a similar event at a church sponsered easter egg hunt.. What we experienced was very similar to what this article described but on a smaller scale. The level of helicopter parenting is reaching beyond pandemic levels. Its completely asinine. Would never take my kid to anything like that ever again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This happened to us when I took my daughter to a frog hunt in Chesterton several years ago when she was about 4. Also had a similar event at a church sponsered easter egg hunt.. What we experienced was very similar to what this article described but on a smaller scale. The level of helicopter parenting is reaching beyond pandemic levels. Its completely asinine. Would never take my kid to anything like that ever again.

"My grandson ended up with a bloody [nose] from an ADULT in the 9-12 year old section knocking into him!!!! Where was PEZ personnel?? Where was the safety of our children in your thought process??"

Well, here's the thing. Each year newer parents start showing up to these things as their kids become old enough, and older parents whose kids have outgrown such things stay away. Parents, progressively are getting worse and are producing progressively worse offspring. Principles like following rules and taking personal responsibility is old fashioned now. Apparently the rules for these events haven't evolved with the helicopter parenting. They still expect parents to obey the rules.

I guess PEZ will have to deploy paintball snipers to pick off the parents who break the rules. Nothing like getting headshot with telltale brightly colored paint to let everyone know who the douchiest parents are.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    "My grandson ended up with a bloody [nose] from an ADULT in the 9-12 year old section knocking into him!!!! Where was PEZ personnel?? Where was the safety of our children in your thought process??"

Well, here's the thing. Each year newer parents start showing up to these things as their kids become old enough, and older parents whose kids have outgrown such things stay away. Parents, progressively are getting worse and are producing progressively worse offspring. Principles like following rules and taking personal responsibility is old fashioned now. Apparently the rules for these events haven't evolved with the helicopter parenting. They still expect parents to obey the rules.

I guess PEZ will have to deploy paintball snipers to pick off the parents who break the rules. Nothing like getting headshot with telltale brightly colored paint to let everyone know who the douchiest parents are.

Good point about the parents/bad parenting. I give you reps but it won't let me. What I noticed though was that the bigger kids who should've outgrown these things are in fact still attending them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good point about the parents/bad parenting. I give you reps but it won't let me. What I noticed though was that the bigger kids who should've outgrown these things are in fact still attending them.

Yeah. There's a time when parents need to take the bottle away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom