"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Did you really just call anyone who lives in a trailer self important racists?

giphy.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How about something with a little local flavor?

Back story: In the rural area near my house is a private shooting range. I know about where it is but not exactly. The range is pretty much where the last of the neighborhoods end and the rural houses/farmland start. Last year it came up on Nextdoor that people could hear shooting and it could be dangerous. The owner came forward with a pic of the setup; they were shooting into what used to be a walk out basement of a now torn down house. Seems pretty safe to me.

Fast forward to a week ago. Somebody complains about the noise again. lots of dog piling on each side. (our side seems the most logical of course) It is mentioned that it has been reported before and IMPD has signed off that nothing illegal/inherently unsafe is going on and they have no problem with it. Some of the antis still refuse to believe it is still legal/ok and want to harass the owners or make them stop just because of their feelings.

Apparently we have one of those on the other side that has some mental issues. I was alerted privately that I was named with others in a public FB post calling our mental stability into question, warning her friends about us. All for simply disagreeing with her position that there is no such thing as a safe gun range and everyone who owns a gun is a heartless killer that will shoot you simply for looking at them sideways like an old west villain.

crazythreat.PNG

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Back story: In the rural area near my house is a private shooting range. I know about where it is but not exactly. The range is pretty much where the last of the neighborhoods end and the rural houses/farmland start. Last year it came up on Nextdoor that people could hear shooting and it could be dangerous. The owner came forward with a pic of the setup; they were shooting into what used to be a walk out basement of a now torn down house. Seems pretty safe to me.

Fast forward to a week ago. Somebody complains about the noise again. lots of dog piling on each side. (our side seems the most logical of course) It is mentioned that it has been reported before and IMPD has signed off that nothing illegal/inherently unsafe is going on and they have no problem with it. Some of the antis still refuse to believe it is still legal/ok and want to harass the owners or make them stop just because of their feelings.

Apparently we have one of those on the other side that has some mental issues. I was alerted privately that I was named with others in a public FB post calling our mental stability into question, warning her friends about us. All for simply disagreeing with her position that there is no such thing as a safe gun range and everyone who owns a gun is a heartless killer that will shoot you simply for looking at them sideways like an old west villain.

View attachment 55069

These sorts of people can make your life miserable and they'll take all the time and trouble they have to to make sure you're miserable.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

View attachment 55069

Frequent use of "all caps" is point #3 on the "crazy as hell" checklist.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Meh...

Most folks won't even read her host. Those that do, won't read the whole thing (it was HARD to finish). Those that do will see the crazy. The very, very few that don't see the crazy are likely exactly like her anyway.

Had a neighbor complain about hearing gunshots once. I shrugged it off. NIMBYs gotta NIMBY.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

View attachment 55069

You should reply that people should be very cautious around her because she posts in all caps and everyone knows that people who post in all caps are always unstable and dangerous.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

View attachment 55069

And, how do we know that your not dangerous and ready to kill everybody???? :):

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update: Facebook and NextDoor did the right thing. FB took down the post this AM, as well as Nextdoor killed the two threads causing the conflict. (the original "OMG! Who is shooting guns and disturbing my peace?!?!" And an unrelated thread she started "if you disagree w me here I will tell the world about you other places"( apparently that means facebook) )

I have yet to see her post anything else on NextDoor so they may have given her a time out as well.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heard an ad on WIBC yesterday, some realtor or something.

The guy said, "I will literally lift up your house and shake every coin out of it..."

Literally.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom