"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ugh.
    Another example of the media not even knowing what they are talking about.

USS Carl Vinson ?Cannot Shoot Down Missiles?
    USS Carl Vinson ‘Cannot Shoot Down Missiles’

There is SOOOO much fail in this article, I swear a first grader could have done a better job.

Well, let me start.
    But while the USS Carl Vinson and the warships traveling alongside it pack some heavy firepower, it has emerged that they are unable to shoot down ballistic missiles, of which Pyongyang is believed to possess between 20 and 120, some of which capable of hitting targets as far away as Scotland, Alaska or Canada.
    Cause, Ballistic Missiles that hit Alaska or Canada, are notoriously BAD at hitting moving ships.

To take down a missile, the carrier would need to possess an Aegis surveillance system, experts told Bloomberg News Wednesday. It's not just the USS Carl Vinson that lacks that capability, but also South Korea and Japan’s largest battleships and the three other American warships , the destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer and USS Michael Murphy, and the guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain.
    Which would be why an Aegis equipped ship, or two, accompany it the carrier.
    If the carrier was equipped with an Aegis system (sensors, computers, missiles) it would be even BIGGER, by a LOT.
    And "BATTLESHIPS"? Really? WE DON'T HAVE ANY. Neither do Japan and South Korea.

Correction: An earlier version of this story said that armed soldiers were aboard the USS Carl Vinson. This has been changed to sailors. It also said that it was equipped with stealth jets. This has been changed to jets.

Well, not only are they NOT "soldiers", but 99 percent (or more) are not "armed".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe the USS Lake Champlain is Ticonderoga class and Aegis equipped. Fail

ETA: USS Michael Murphy and USS Wayne E. Meyer are both Arleigh Burke class which I believe also means Aegis equipped. Triple Fail!

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have no knowledge of the military because they're anti military.

If they thought for a minute about the term battle group they might come up with a bunch of nerds playing Halo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reebok trolls Nordstrom's "muddy jeans" with "sweaty shirt"

C-dLQZeUMAAkBI3.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter