"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

05e03a0debf7c53bd9aa56bea476e2664dd9aa41c83da791a794e9f526dd4ea7.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, apparently Shaquille O'Neal is a flat-Earther, too

I was curious.

The Flat Earth Society :: FAQ

I kinda think this Shaq thing is a struggle to remain relevant. I can't imagine anyone actually believing this nonsense.

Hey. The Earth is flat. You want proof? Get out a map. Notice how it lays nice and flat on a table, but if you try to wrap it around a basketball it doesn't work? It has bits hanging off and is all wrinkled? That's because the Earth is flat.

Purple as necessary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What Is Gravity?

Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

In the flat earth community there are several theories as to why this happens. Some attempt to explain this with use of mechanics like electromagnetism, density, or pressure. Others make use of traditional mathematics, such as the infinite plane model, and others a new look at the problem - such as the non-euclidean model.

What is certain is sphere earth gravity is not tenable in any way shape or form.

I think I've found a favorite. What? Gravity? Nah. **** just falls.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No Vince Foster is ghost writing it.

ETA. How I met your mother or A walk in the park.

boom.jpg.gif

What Is Gravity?

Gravity as a theory is false. Objects simply fall.

In the flat earth community there are several theories as to why this happens. Some attempt to explain this with use of mechanics like electromagnetism, density, or pressure. Others make use of traditional mathematics, such as the infinite plane model, and others a new look at the problem - such as the non-euclidean model.

What is certain is sphere earth gravity is not tenable in any way shape or form.

I think I've found a favorite. What? Gravity? Nah. **** just falls.

giphy.jpg.gif

1137639499sk1.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Trans Conference Celebrates Getting People Fired For Not Calling Men Women

After a while, the nurse seemed confused. ‘She’s having a baby,’ she insisted.” ‘No,’ my friend responded, ‘he’s having a baby.’

Ummm

The day began by educating us that gender binary (that is, the idea that people are born either male or female) was “societal lore,” like Santa Claus or the Boogieman.

Oh really.

We were given a reference card to put in our wallets, detailing which questions we’re allowed to ask a transgender person and which questions were forbidden. Questions like “What pronoun do you use?” and “May I correct someone if they use the wrong pronoun?” were acceptable, while “What are you?” and “Are you a boy or a girl?” were not.

What someone is "allowed"???

While I still don’t understand the difference, it was encouraging that the transgender panelists were often confused themselves in using the wrong gender term or pronoun, frequently correcting each other. After a particularly confusing mix-up, they laughed and said much of what we know about transgender could be obsolete in a few years, because transgender children describe themselves as “gender smoothies.”

So, transgenders have a difficult time themselves, then expect the rest of the world to figure it out?

One speaker (pronouns ze, zirs, zirself) described the conflict inside zir between zir repugnance toward women (zir birth gender), and a disgust of being lumped into the alternative category of white male. Ze described that ze got a hysterectomy because ze “rejected the female societal obligation to repopulate the planet,” then added in the same breath, “but what’s worse than being identified as a straight, white male, right?”
    We All Agree that Men Are Bad

Sigh.

I learned it’s illegal in my state to refuse to use someone’s preferred pronoun. Almost every presenter had a story of a time they got a coworker, employee, or boss fired. A speaker (pronouns xe, xyr, xemself) passionately told us of a time when xe had an older coworker who referred to xem as “ma’am.” When xe repeatedly told him xe preferred to be referred to as xem, he responded that he couldn’t, because he had been brought up to be polite and use sir and ma’am.
    A quick visit to the supervisor resulted in the coworker being fired. There was standing ovation in the conference hall, with one member of the audience saying how “brave” xe was to enact change. Xe publicly responded that xe “needed to go above his head to get what I needed.”

Proud they got someone fired.
    Gee.
    How brave.
    Getting someone fired.
    I worry about getting a body part amputated, being electrocuted, falling off a crane, crushed by a ladle, burned to death, etc. on the job.
    I'm soooo glad though that I don't have to worry about someone calling me a name.
    Oh wait. They do. Cause we're more worried about real stuff.

I know. I'm old fashioned and can't get on board.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I am only basing this on two people I know personally....But from what I have seen, people exploring this type of surgery have other mental health issues.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, the instance of mental health issues related to these identifications is moot since these things are no longer disorders but ordinary..

Frontal lobe development is an interesting thing, to boot.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So police cannot force you to unlock your cellphone with a passcode because it violates your fifth amendment right. But failing to decrypt a hard drive because the authorities are "certain" that something exists on it will land you in jail indefinitely because of contempt.

And it gets even muddier. They CAN force you to use biometrics to unlock your phone. Your fingerprint (or face) apparently isnt considered the same as a password.

EDIT: So if you use the fingerprint reader or facial recognition to unlock your device, understand how you are (not) protected and proceed with caution.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And it gets even muddier. They CAN force you to use biometrics to unlock your phone. Your fingerprint (or face) apparently isnt considered the same as a password.

It's not conducive to "rule of law" when people find loopholes to say the law is what they want it to be rather than what it is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's not conducive to "rule of law" when people find loopholes to say the law is what they want it to be rather than what it is.

I believe the logic behind it was the same as a key vs combination. They cant PROVE you know something in your brain. You may honestly not recall what the password is. However physical traits like fingerprints and facial features are like a physical key. You CAN be forced to give them a physical key because it is concrete and tangible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom