"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We could look at this a couple of ways.

First, the only legitimate redistribution of wealth is charity. They could reword some things to make it that. Essentially it's getting people to voluntarily donate to what they believe is a worthy cause....

Putting aside the idiocy of reparations to be paid by people who never owned slaves to people who were never slaves, charity is a spectacularly positive thing.

What I find annoying is that rather than search out local charities that are doing good and actually helping people in their communities, so many lemmings are easily manipulated by social media so that the cause du jour garners attention and dollars while the local charities not lucky enough to have people skilled in this kind of emotional manipulation suffer. Further, it strikes me that many people jumping on these "viral" crowd funded campaigns are doing it, down deep inside, to be part of the story and to get their personal yah yahs off.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    [/RIGHT]Putting aside the idiocy of reparations to be paid by people who never owned slaves to people who were never slaves, charity is a spectacularly positive thing.

What I find annoying is that rather than search out local charities that are doing good and actually helping people in their communities, so many lemmings are easily manipulated by social media so that the cause du jour garners attention and dollars while the local charities not lucky enough to have people skilled in this kind of emotional manipulation suffer. Further, it strikes me that many people jumping on these "viral" crowd funded campaigns are doing it, down deep inside, to be part of the story and to get their personal yah yahs off.

A sucker and his dollar are soon parted. I'd be lying if I didn't say there's a part of me that wishes I'd have thought of this first. I guess I should consider myself blessed my mind doesn't usually work at coming up with cons and schemes to steal from people.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Frankly, if someone is so pc that they actually give money to the slavery reparations site, then I am good with that. Otherwise, they would probably give their money to something worse, like MDA.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    This is the link included in the article posted, it appears there is a bit of spin involved. Don't know about the value of the program, but they don't seem to be arresting anybody.

Correction: There is so much spin that it could power a city block.

Example from the original article:
    Chicago Special Order S10-06 equips law enforcement with the ability to arrest citizens before they commit a crime.
    Go ahead and read the entire 2-page directive. It has nothing to do with arresting people before they commit a crime. It is all about identifying people who are very high risk for offending (gang members, previous criminal history, etc), keeping an eye on them and prosecuting them more vigorously *after* they re-offend. In other words, identifying and keeping the worst people off the streets once they commit a chargeable offence.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This can't be! I was told that Mainstream Media twist and spin the news and that conservative outlets (like the reputable American Intelligence Report) provide us with the facts that liberals try to suppress.

Thank you Jerchap for opening my eyes to realize that conservatives, despite what INGO claims, are no better than liberals - at least in this regard.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This seems like a facepalm moment.

Spain arrests women as flashmob stunt sparks terror fears - BBC News

Five German women were arrested on Tuesday night when a flashmob stunt in a northern Spanish town sparked fears of a terror attack.
    They have since been released but will be charged with public order offences.

Holidaymakers ran and hid from presumed attackers in Platja d'Aro after people pretended to be chasing a celebrity, shouting and taking photographs.

The panic turned into a stampede as bystanders mistook selfie sticks for weapons

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom