"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The Second Amendment

Saying that Americans have “a fundamental right to bear arms” is not accurate. The work of our Founding Fathers gave Americans the privilege to bear arms. Unfortunately, many people use the word “right”, when in reality they are speaking of a “privilege”.

This idiot calls himself Tom Paine.
    Maybe he should actually open a book.
    Even a cursory reading of the Second Amendment proves him wrong - it does not say privilege, it says right;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Even a cursory reading of the Second Amendment proves him wrong - it does not say privilege, it says right;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That's good.
    Should comment on the article.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Second Amendment

Saying that Americans have “a fundamental right to bear arms” is not accurate. The work of our Founding Fathers gave Americans the privilege to bear arms. Unfortunately, many people use the word “right”, when in reality they are speaking of a “privilege”.

This idiot calls himself Tom Paine.
    Maybe he should actually open a book.

"The Constitution and the Bill of Rights grant citizens many rights and privileges, which we as Americans should all hold dear. The right to health, liberty, and due process are fundamental rights which no one should be allowed to deny another citizen, regardless of their behavior or wrong doing. But society has the right to deny a citizen privileges if their behavior deems that denial necessary for the protection of the citizenry as a whole."

So, what he's saying is that rights are something no one can deny. And privileges are behaviors that can be denied based on the need for society to protect citizens. Which ****ing constitution is he reading? It's certainly not the US Constitution.

This truly belongs in the facepalm thread. This little bit identifies his mindset: The right to health?

Is he ****ing kidding me? Health is a right that no one can deny another citizen? Regardless of behavior? WTF? So here's the behavior: some 600lb fat ass sits on his couch all day, every day eating Cheetos and pizza his whole life, and dies of a heart attack at age 30. But wait. He had a right to health regardless of his behavior. Someone else must be at fault. Someone else denied his right to health.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

He's saying that particular right is somehow classified by the constitution as a privilege. In other words, rights, such as, you know, the right to health, are inalienable. But other rights, you know, such as the 2A, that right is just a privilege.

You can tell which rights are rights and which rights are privileges by which ones can be infringed. The right to health can't be infringed. The right to keep and bear arms, can.

I know, I know, it sounds awfully circular, but that's lefty logic.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The leftists sure love to make up rights. Add "right to health" up there with "right to an abortion" "right to a living wage" and "right to a college education".

As well, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Right and Privileges.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Woman held in husband's shooting was Democratic delegate | News | witf.org

Not surprisingly this woman is expected to tender her resignation after allegedly attempting to murder her husband. The Clinton campaign gets to pick her replacement at the convention.

They also plan to offer her a job within the Clinton administration in the event of Ms. Clinton's victory...as a member of her security detail. Enemy enforcement division.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That's good.
    Should comment on the article.
    I posted with my alt

Perhaps the author could read what the Founding Fathers actually said:
    I see the word "right", I do not see the word "privilege".

And where was the Second Amendment published? The Bill of Rights. Not the Bill of State Sanction Privileges.

Thomas Jefferson himself said "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.". Again we see the use of the word "right", but no mention of the word "privilege"

What else did he say?
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

This one feels as though it was written especially for the author of this article, who is using mental gymnastics to drive a horse and stagecoach through the Bill of Rights; "On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I posted with my alt

And where was the Second Amendment published? The Bill of Rights. Not the Bill of State Sanction Privileges.

Thomas Jefferson himself said "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.". Again we see the use of the word "right", but no mention of the word "privilege"

What else did he say?
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

This one feels as though it was written especially for the author of this article, who is using mental gymnastics to drive a horse and stagecoach through the Bill of Rights; "On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

:yesway:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I posted with my alt

What else did he say?

You just don't have a clear understanding of the Constitution. It is a living document which can be interpreted and modified to reflect current conditions. (Purple implied) This is always the view of the progressive left.

Your response was great. :yesway:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Cn-WcCJUMAA4D1p.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom