"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Animal House will die when it’s damn good and ready. It’s inevitable. But it should happen organically, not because someone wants to start a mob-shamming campaign.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can’t wait for the slate of Mel Brooks movies that they want to ban after his death.

It will happen. Book burning never goes out of style for some people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We went to Red Lobster a few weeks back in Bloomington and they had signs on their tables that "to save the planet", they'd no longer automatically hand out straws with customers' drinks.

That didn't last long. The wife wanted to go get her RL fix tonight. As we were sitting there chatting, I noticed the waitress had dropped off straws for everyone. Huh? I looked around for one of those self-righteous signs about saving the planet and they were all gone. I guess the sea turtles are safe now?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That didn't last long. The wife wanted to go get her RL fix tonight. As we were sitting there chatting, I noticed the waitress had dropped off straws for everyone. Huh? I looked around for one of those self-righteous signs about saving the planet and they were all gone. I guess the sea turtles are safe now?

They only believe it, when it brings in money. When it doesn't....

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Someone asked if they really were shipping used Indiana straws all the way to the ocean.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    A business will not let you sleep in their parking lot? Also sounds like she relies on the wi-fi of others to make her living.

[video=youtube;36EQLANdWVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36EQLANdWVA[/video]

I wonder if she could park in Kirk's office parking lot. Does he provide free internet?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A business will not let you sleep in their parking lot? Also sounds like she relies on the wi-fi of others to make her living.

I wonder if she could park in Kirk's office parking lot. Does he provide free internet?

Freeloader that doesn't understand the concept of paying her way...

Actually I'm kind of with her I this one. Why is it OK for truckers to sleep in their cabs at a truck stop but not OK for her to sleep there in a car?

Also, it seems like living in her car is a choice she has made. I can relate to the desire for freedom to travel the country as one pleases. She isn't hurting anyone and she does work a job remotely to be able to suppprt her choice. Why not use the free wifi at Starbucks if they offer it? Think of her like a buisness owner keeping overhead low.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe they thought she was moonlighting as a "lot lizard" for extra income

ETA: You know what that shade of lipstick is commonly called, no?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

In other words, go be homeless somewhere else.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Actually I'm kind of with her I this one. Why is it OK for truckers to sleep in their cabs at a truck stop but not OK for her to sleep there in a car?

Truck stops cater to truckers because they spend lots of $$ filling their trucks and buying stuff inside. No where did she say she had spent any money there.
    The fact that someone was going around running people off indicates it was a problem with people camping out in the parking lot. She said she had been there several nights and someone took notice.

In other words, go be homeless somewhere else.

Can she stay in your driveway? Why must a business provide her with a parking spot?

My sister and her husband let his sister park her mobile home (long story) for just a little bit next to their house. Big mistake, long time to get rid of her and her 20+ cats living in a trailer powered by an extension cord from their house and hooked to no water or sewer,

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They only believe it, when it brings in money. When it doesn't....

Someone asked if they really were shipping used Indiana straws all the way to the ocean.

Heh! My wife was telling me today, as we talked about this, she overheard someone else at another table remark "hey, there's straws on the table". :D

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Truck stops cater to truckers because they spend lots of $$ filling their trucks and buying stuff inside. No where did she say she had spent any money there.
    The fact that someone was going around running people off indicates it was a problem with people camping out in the parking lot. She said she had been there several nights and someone took notice.

Can she stay in your driveway? Why must a business provide her with a parking spot?

My sister and her husband let his sister park her mobile home (long story) for just a little bit next to their house. Big mistake, long time to get rid of her and her 20+ cats living in a trailer powered by an extension cord from their house and hooked to no water or sewer,

Maybe if they wanted her to leave they could have disconnected the extension cord, thrown the breaker to all outside outlets, and locked the doors/changed the locks. Regarding the cats, I’ve heard Doberman Pincers nor pit bulls are particularly fond of cats.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Maybe if they wanted her to leave they could have disconnected the extension cord, thrown the breaker to all outside outlets, and locked the doors/changed the locks. Regarding the cats, I’ve heard Doberman Pincers nor pit bulls are particularly fond of cats.

Had her husband not stopped her my sister, she would have had the trailer towed out when they got home from work and found it sitting there. Also if there was any code enforcement it would have been gone real quick but they were not living in the city.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I think you misunderstood the tone of my post (not surprising on the internet). She should go be homeless somewhere else. I didn't say that with a sympathetic tone toward her... rather the business of which she was not a paying customer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Games journalists."

Dj5MWFkVsAAoG98.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Deleted tweet from Saudi twitter account of a plane flying toward the Toronto skyline.

This after Canadian PM spoke about Saudi's human rights, and Saudi Arabia expelled the Canadian ambassador.

Dj7EPAYWsAAfmtH.jpg:large

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I think you misunderstood the tone of my post (not surprising on the internet). She should go be homeless somewhere else. I didn't say that with a sympathetic tone toward her... rather the business of which she was not a paying customer.

Yep, misunderstood your tone. Happens sometimes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom